Create-a-side!

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Create-a-side!

Postby Sinrus » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:01 pm

You have just been plot-ed into erfworld as the perfect warlord! Unfortunately, the situation was hopeless and you escaped the turn before your new side fell. As a barbarian, you miraculously find an abandoned capital site and three surrounding cities. What will your new side be called? What about its cities? What can it pop? What terrain type is it located in? What strategy does this setup give you? What casters do you have?

My side is located in a dense jungle with a twisting system of rivers and streams.
Name: Zamacomon
Capital: Testale
Founder: King Bezos
Other cities: Kindle, Javari, and Alexa
In addition to popping regular infantry and warlords, my cities pop:
Wilsons: Created by Dollamancy, they are round, white leathery creatures about 65 centimeters across. Their faces are just lines of dried red liquid, but can still move and talk. They have stick-limbs and wield tomahawks.
Loggators: Hollow, wooden, and reptilian heavies. They have four legs and a mouth full of sharp teeth. They are shallow-water capable.
Pirnahas: Foot long, blunt-faced fish with double-serrated teeth. They pop at a remarkable rate and can only move in shallow water.
Psittacines: Vibrant colored flying birds that can speak Language to a limited degree.
Casters: Dollamancer, Moneymancer, and Findamancer.

CAN YOU GET THE REFERENCES?
Sinrus

Re: Create-a-side!

Postby elmagnifico » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:24 am

I created these sides for a fanfic I'm writing, so consider this a preview!

Name: Ibyssinia
Capital: Issusippi
Founder: Queen Bessicary
Other cities: Cunaxavra, Hummok, Port Abello
Catbyrd-A small kitten with a pair of wings. A scout-class unit with natural Signamancy ability to project what they have seen to a commander.
Sorta like this: http://www.birdcat.com/images/bc2.jpg
Cokkatwice-A heavy-class flying unit. Similar appearance to a Catbyrd, but ten times as large, with a two-headed lion or tiger instead of a kitten.
Armatrillo-A bird with metallic feathers, about two feet in height. Too heavy to fly under their own power, Awmatrillos roll about like wheels when they want to move long distances.
Some wild units that Ibyssinian warlords and knights can tame:
Wardenbyrd-A huge, tall, lanky bird with a long, spear-like beak. Difficult to tame, but exceedingly agile in the swampy ground that makes up Ibyssinia's southern border.

Casters: Healomancer, Florist, Carneymancer.

Name: Engimort
Capital: Donlon
Founder: King Eever
Other cities: Chesterman, Bridgetun, Wheelies, Twactionhampton, Liddle Wallop, Nova Castella, Jugganautapur, (captured from Vaydar Empire)
Chanics: Men with natural Dirtamancy. They can extract metal from certain rock types and turn it into Punk-Rock Golems for juice. These golems are cheaper than infantry units, but have an intelligence only slightly higher than the average Uncroaked. They come in three types:

Type C or “Tickies” are light golems that have mohawk-like gears on their heads and move about in jerky, slow-ish movements. They wield gear-axes in battle. Their sound is a shrill scream.
Type S or “Puffers” are medium golems covered in pistons. Chains hang from what their noses would be. They wield massive mace-and-chain weapons in battle.
Type D or “Smokers” are heavy golems with siege capability. They are massive, and capable of hurling rocks across an entire hex.

Ehwoships: Essentially flying Galleons. Used for moving vast amounts of Tickies and Puffers around Engimort's territory, as well as mobile resource-collection points.
Pyroflamiax: Men endowed with bright orange hair, and the ability to shoot flames from their coatsleeves.
Casters: Hat Magician, Shockamancer, Changeamancer.
Side notes:

Name: Vaydar
Capital: Durban
Founder: Empress Nikana
Other cities: Vinderloo, Naaredla, Yelsie Som
Oliphuant: A massive creature that can hold an entire stack of archers on its back. Can attack with tusks, a trunk, or by stomping on things.
Cokkatwice: See Ibyssinia. Tiger-type only.
Water Buffalo: A kind of water elemental, Water Buffalo have a high resistance to physical damage and fire weapons, but are vulnerable to Shockamancy. They are used as mounts.
Casters: Dirtamancer, Thinkamancer, Turnamancer.

Name: Carenshare
Capital: Sesame
Founder: King Sregor
Other cities: Gullagulla, Puzzellia, Babrar, Soedor, Birdwell, Shining Time.
Yenrab: A seven-foot-tall bipedal purple reptilian creature with a sonic lullaby attack. Will step on foes when they have been lulled into a trance-like state.
Bootses: Monkeys with red feet. Gain a defense bonus in Jungle and Swamp terrain. Slightly stronger than normal soldiers.
Tubbies: Imp-like creatures that can shoot thin beams of Shockamancy from antennae on their heads, or from a square patch on their bellies. Will laugh at anything, even being dismembered.
Casters: Dollamancer, Date-a-mancer, Thinkamancer.

*EDIT: Sorry, didn't read the OP all the way through. If I was put into the situation above, I would probably create the Engimort side. With Chanics to boost production, it'd be easy to zergrush surrounding kingdoms and just flatten them. The Hat Magician is for communication purposes, the Changeamancer to keep my side from being too predictable, and the Shockamancer to lay all sorts of nasty automated traps.*

And just for fun:

Name: Miimia
Capital: Forecham
Founder: Gate Wilhelmsen
Other Cities: Wickwoll, Ahmnamnam, Sewius Bidness, Fayawin Malasia (Outpost on the border of the Vaydar Empire), Allurbase, Numanuma,Tehgame
Twolls: RIP Bogroll
Pyroflaymiax: See Engimort
Gwamma Police: an elite knight-class unit that draws its power from the grammar, or lack thereof, of the surrounding units. When surrounded by Twolls, Gwamma Police gain tremendous destructive power. When in the presence of well cultured indaviduals, the Gwamma Police gains a health recharge. Gwamma Police gain an attack bonus for each additional Gwamma Police in the stack.
Casters: Shockamancer, Dollamancer, Thinkamancer
Last edited by elmagnifico on Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
elmagnifico

Postby badninja » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:41 am

My Side would be my side

Name: Mandalore

Captil: Mandalore

Casters: Turnmancer: Cliff
Dirtmancer: Ellie May
Pridecamancer: Yoda
Crokamancer: Xykon

Founder: Mandalore

Cities: Theed, Dreshdae, Anchorhead

All cities can produce superior numbers infantry and the expense of accuracy but this is complicated by all units giving each other bonus to attack. All units come equipped with long bows and swords. The infantry is produced as a unit consisting of 6 members who are concerted to be one being. Units can unit with other units at a moments notice but new member looses accuracy until use to new unit (3 turns). All units are popped at higher levels.
Our cities also produce achrons and dwagons.
Spidwes are also available

Side exists mainly as a mercenary side.
I came, I saw, I had fun!
badninja
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!

Postby Yucca » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:56 pm

The Kingdom of Roe

Cities:
    ♦ Roe (Capital lvl 4) Murderous air defenses; extensive and well planned defensive tunnel system. Build on a small plateau near the mountains.
    ♦ Too (lvl 2) and its neighbor Fro (lvl 3), jointly ruled by Regent Escrow, the Prudent.
    ♦ Hedgerow (lvl 3), ruled by Regent Bustle, the Never Alarmed.
    ♦ Scarecrow (lvl 2), situated at the foot of the mountians, the first line of defense against Deep Crows.
    ♦ Mistletoe (lvl 2) built on a site with a small amount of natural Date-a-mancy. Has a higher than average natural growth rate.
    ♦ Darrow (lvl 1) No one really planned to have a city here, it just kinda evolved naturally.
    ♦ Narrow (lvl 1) Built at the mouth of a ravine to safeguard the source of a very important river.

The Kingdom of Roe was founded over a thousand turns ago by Pharaoh Roseph, and is now ruled by his great grand daughter, Pharaoh Daphne, and her husband. Situated on excellent farm land, the kingdom makes the majority of its income from its corn-rows, even more so due to the close working relationship that the side has with Madame Yarrow, a Florist from the Magic Kingdom. It has recently begun setting up aquaculture farms to supplement this income.

Since it's founding Roe has had various conflicts with its neighbors. The most acrimonious conflict lies to the southeast with the Kingdom of Citnalta. Only acessible through a single mountain valley during the warmer months, Citnalta has steadfastly refused all attempts at reconciliation regarding an 800 turn old set of mutual insults. This relationship most recently flared up 200 turns ago in what was called the Smelt War when the king of Citnalta invited a diplomat to the city of Smelt then croaked him on arrival.

The ruling council includes The Pharaoh, Regent Bustle, Regent Escrow, the Rhyme-o-mancer: Day-Glo Joe and the Shockamancer, Aunt Flo. The council cannot override the Pharaoh on anything, but it is convened to discuss important issues.

Roe's eastern and southeastern borders are high mountains and Roe has faced danger from fliers for its entire existence, especially the Deep Crows that occasionally come out of their burrows in the mountains. With only lightweight fliers of its own, the Rovian army has developed an excellent archery corps.

Level one cities can pop two kinds of infantry as well as spar-roes.
    ♦Infantry: A-roes and B-roes
    ♦A-roes pop with a bow and the "flier killer" special, they get a 50% bonus when attacking or being attacked by fliers. More moved than average ranged infantry as well.

♦B-roes are sword and board type infantry. Above average hits for a tier one unit but below average move. Their job is to prevent other ground units from closing with the a-roes.

♦Spar-roe are small, quick flying units that pop in large numbers and tend to die in them as well. Not being aggressive creatures they never attack without a warlord present, the reverse of the standard behavior.

Level two cities can also pop warlords and Fur-roes.

♦Fur-roes are shaggy beasts. Tunneling, and tunnel capable, these heavies move quickly on land and almost as fast under it. They lack the ability to burrow through solid rock, but any type of soil is no problem. When not mobilized in an army, they are sent to the farms where they provide a moderate boost to corn-row production

Level three cities gain the ability to pop the mighty Mare-roe.
    ♦The Mare-roe is a tall bony creature. The bones of dead things are bundled together and formed into this behemoth. A sky high defense score gives it a very long life while a fearsome attack can leave enemy unit witnessing its attack momentarily stunned. When the battle is over it feasts on the bones of the fallen, friend or foe.

Owing in part to its master class Rhyme-o-mancer, the people of Roe have 2 groups of natural allies the Bolero and the Beau.
    ♦The Bolero were the group that predated the arrival of King Roseph. After initial conflict they chose to ally themselves with Roe. Bolerians are knight-class infantry who can dance-fight when lead by any Bolerian warlord, or by any other lvl4 or higher warlord. All Bolerian warlords can lead any dance-fighters.

♦The Beau are an all male clan that arrived in the area recently claiming to have been banished from their homeland due to "playa hatin'". They are unremarkable in most ways, but they do posses minor natural naughtymancy abilities. That combined with the fact that there always seems to be a lot of these guys around has made them a useful addition to the infantry ranks in Roe.
Last edited by Yucca on Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Yucca

Postby Crovius » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:03 pm

Name: Umbrael Order
Capital: Umbrasia
Founder: Lord Umber Hulk
Other cities: Under Dark, Hiyve, Beytul Mownd
Casters: Croakamancer: Asmodeus, Dirtamancer: Duergar, Wierdomancer: Lillith

Umber Hulk: These Heavies resemble large beetles standing on their hind-legs. Their massive forearms smash enemies and their simple minds make them very resistant to mental spells. They are Tunnel-Capable and take no penalties while fighting in tunnels.

Darkling: These thin beasts appear to me made of oily shadows, and often take the shape of large starving cats with massive fangs and claws. They have exceleent tunnel fighting abilities and are very fast, swarming the enemy and tearing apart units with their crimson grins.

Roper: This garrison unit resembles a large tree with thin tentacles. It is a Heavy and Tunnel Capable, and several of them often defend chokepoints in the many tunnels around the cities. They are good at camoflauging themselves and strikign enemy stacks in their midsts, splitting up stacks and targeting priority targets even without a warlord to order them to.

Darkmantle: Tunnel ambushers that while weak, gatehr in large numbers and attack enemy stacks from above, disabling many units and causing confusion and panic. They are well hidden from even the most perceptive eyes when motionless.

Umber Beast: These massive Siege units are technically blind and must be led by Umber hulk. They are powerful tunnelers and one of the only Tunnel-capable Siege units. Without Umber Hulks to lead them they take many penalties in combat, but with herders they can tunnel underneath several hexes in a turn, secretly making way towards an enemy city then bursting from the ground to take the city off guard.

Umbrasia and all its other cities are connected to eachother by amssive tunnel networks that are well kept and heavilly guarded. None of the cities have nay real Airspace as the majority of the cities are underground. None of the cities have a Tower, just large Garrisons, massively fortified walls and amazing tunnel systems. The surface world around thsi kingdom is mostly wastelands where provisions are hard to find in the field, and the many tunnels allows patrols of Umber Hulks and Darklings to burst up from under enemy stacks. They are openly Hostiel with all that try to move through their tunnels though parlaying with a warlord or using an aerial stack to try and communicate with the city has proven possible. All the tuneling has unearthed large veins of gems that make this kingdom oddly rich, though they don't hold Schmuckers to high value and will give more than something is worth if you are charismatic enough.
Crovius

Postby Sinrus » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:05 pm

@ Elmagnifico: Great, I look forward to seeing you join the fan-fic community. When I read 'cokkatwice' I immediately thought of twonicorns.

@ Yucca: Good god, man! The rhyming is PAINFUL!

Anyways, I'm feeling a bit outdone. I have further developed my side.

Name: Zamacomon
Capital: Testale (level 5)
Founder: King Bezos
Other noteworthy cities: Slough, Chennai, Hyderabad, Iasi, Shibuya, and Tempe. (Please note that these are only the cities that Zamacomon has never lost. They have over time had many other cities and forts, a list of which can be found at the end of the post.)
Wilsons: Created by Dollamancy, they are round, white leathery creatures about 65 centimeters across. Their faces are just lines of dried red liquid, but can still move and talk. They have stick-limbs and wield tomahawks.
Loggators: Hollow, wooden, and reptilian heavies. They have four legs and a mouth full of sharp teeth. They are shallow-water capable. Level 3 necessary.
Pirnahas: Foot long, blunt-faced fish with double-serrated teeth. They pop at a remarkable rate and can only move in shallow water.
Psittacines: Vibrant colored flying birds that can speak Language to a limited degree.
Wireels: 6 foot water snakes, colored white and blue. Their touch delivers a lethal shockmantic attack. Level 3 necessary.
Hippipotosturapus: A hippo with a bad temper. Level 4 necessary.
Cebu: A cow-like pink animal with a hump and two curved horns. Level 2 necessary.
Casters: Dollamancer, Moneymancer, and Findamancer.
Side History: Located on the Itrenet continent, Zamacomon's early stages were unusual: King Bezos didn't expect to see any combat for several hundred turns; however, the strategy was effective. It began at the same time as many others when barbarians flocked to the newly discovered continent for the chance to become Overlords. Zamacomon grew its power base slowly while other sides grew blindingly fast. When wars broke out among the audacious young sides, known as the Bursting of the Itrenet Bubble, and many sides fell, Zamacomon persevered and finally entered its first engagement over 2500 turns after founding. While only a minor border skirmish, it was symbolically important as a victory.
In the turns since that engagement, Zamacomon has interacted with dozens of other Itrenet sides. A list of noteworthy wars is contained here:
-Captured Sunnyvale, capital of Junglee in the Planetall War.
-Conquered Alexa in the Accept-Exchange War
-Conquered Joyo in the A9 War.
-Defeated Textsurge and its ally Mobipocket in the Ebook War.
-Conquered Shopbop, mainly important for its use as a diplomatic bargaining chip with the Zamoans.
-Lost Testale temporarily to Shelfari and went on to capture four of the side's other cities, including Gojaba and Fillz.
-Is most recently in the process of conquering Zappos.
Zamacomon's has power has been eroded by split-off sides by disgruntled warlords. The most noteworthy are:
-Hulu, founded by Kilar, a royal heir who escaped after a failed coup.
-Foodista, founded by warlord Dorfman.
-Jambool, founded by warlords Vikas and Reza.
-Trusera, founded by warlord Schorsch.
-Pelago, founded by warlords Holden and Vengroff.
-Wikinvest, founded by warlord Sha.
Natural allies: The Zamoans allied with Zamacomon shortly after the end of the Shopbop War. These warrior women are forest-capable knight class units who excel at archery and can even channel some shockmancy through their arrows.
List of other cities at one point owned by Zamacomon:
-Goodyear, conquered from Joyo
-New Castle, conquered from Pelago
-Plainfield, conquered from Textsurge
-Munster, conquered from Zappos
-Coffeyville, a Jitterati colony on Itrenet
-Hebron, conquered from Zappos
-Fernley, captured from Mobipocket
-Nashua, captured in the Accept-Exchange War
-Carlisle, captured from Shopbop
-Hazelton, captured in the Accept-Exchange War
-Sterling, a mining town captured in the Shelfari War
-Mississauga, captured in the Shelfari War
-Marston Gate, conquered from Mobipocket
-Gourock, conquered from Zappos
-Crymlyn Burrows, captured from Joyo
-Leipzig, captured from Joyo
Last edited by Sinrus on Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sinrus

Postby Yucca » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:28 pm

Well, that's what happens from you have a master class rhyme-o-mancer on your ruling council.

So, work being slow led to me being bored led to me writing a short story based in Roe. I'm post it by parts in the fiction forum.
http://www.erfworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1046

@Sinrus: I thought that cities could only produce 3 kinds of special units. Infantry and a special at level1, warlords and a special at 2 and a third special at 3. Are some of your units natural allies?
Last edited by Yucca on Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yucca

Postby MonteCristo » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:10 pm

This could be fun
I'll add more to this when i think of the rest

Name: Oceanis
Capital: Atlantis (lv 4)
Founder: King Neptune
Race: Seamen- humonoids with cool-colored skin who very adept to water
(like tansilvito, the main race is non-human)
special units:
Flying fish: Airborn fish mounts
Kwaken: Huge deadly octopus
Leviathan: A long necked, sea based Dwagon (mount)
Natural Allies:
Mermaids: Sea-based infantry with fish tails
Siwens: Beautiful knight-class units with a deadly charm, and random casting abilities; very adapt to water
Chief warlord
Commodore Sparrow
Warlords
Captain Hook
Captain Orin
Casters:
Lookamancer

other Cities:
Brenbow: lv 3 city out at sea
----: lv 2 city out at sea
Port Royal: Lv 3 city on the main land

Atlantis is located on the shoreline of an island... it has barely any walls, but is surrounded by towers built for anti-air defense
the main land cities were captured by the otherside and have not been changed to pop oceanic troops and instead pop trops more well adapted to land.
MonteCristo
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby Sinrus » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:42 pm

Yucca wrote:@Sinrus: I thought that cities could only produce 3 kinds of special units. Infantry and a special at level1, warlords and a special at 2 and a third special at 3. Are some of your units natural allies?

That's not canon. In fact it can't be true, since Jetstone has more than three special units: Gumps, Orlies, Unipegataurs, Sourmanders, and Tchochkes. If you haven't figured it out yet, Zamacomon is an anagram of Amazon.com (minus the period of course). It's huge roster of units is meant to represent the fact that the Amazon rainforest is home to more species than any other region on Earth.
Sinrus

Postby MonteCristo » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:59 pm

Sinrus wrote:
Yucca wrote:@Sinrus: I thought that cities could only produce 3 kinds of special units. Infantry and a special at level1, warlords and a special at 2 and a third special at 3. Are some of your units natural allies?

That's not canon. In fact it can't be true, since Jetstone has more than three special units: Gumps, Orlies, Unipegataurs, Sourmanders, and Tchochkes. If you haven't figured it out yet, Zamacomon is an anagram of Amazon.com (minus the period of course). It's huge roster of units is meant to represent the fact that the Amazon rainforest is home to more species than any other region on Earth.

there are two things you did not consider...
First, that Jetstone was part of the RCC and had units from many other sides... this could mean that some of the units you mentioned might not have been jetstone troops... Gumps are the only one's we are certain are popped from jetstone cities. the rest could have been borrowed from other sides...
Second, Jetstone may have more than one type of city under their command, which would double the variety of troops
MonteCristo
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby Yucca » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:41 pm

MonteCristo wrote: there are two things you did not consider...
First, that Jetstone was part of the RCC and had units from many other sides... this could mean that some of the units you mentioned might not have been jetstone troops... Gumps are the only one's we are certain are popped from jetstone cities. the rest could have been borrowed from other sides...
Second, Jetstone may have more than one type of city under their command, which would double the variety of troops

Right. Sizemore clearly says that GK can produce Infantry and Twolls at level 1, Warlords and Spidews at level 2 and Dwagons at level 3. It would seem odd for them to have fewer options than the other sides. But "Jetstone type" cities can probably only produce 3 special unit types just like "GK type" cities can only make twolls, spidews and dwagons.

Of course, Amazon.com has thousands of third party sellers that sell stuff through their site. Maybe your side is just a magnet for natural allies? (I'm not trying to step on creative toes here)

Also, minor updates to my side. Added some historical info.
Yucca

Postby Sinrus » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:01 pm

Yucca wrote:
MonteCristo wrote: there are two things you did not consider...

Right. Sizemore clearly says that GK can produce Infantry and Twolls at level 1, Warlords and Spidews at level 2 and Dwagons at level 3. It would seem odd for them to have fewer options than the other sides. But "Jetstone type" cities can probably only produce 3 special unit types just like "GK type" cities can only make twolls, spidews and dwagons.

Of course, Amazon.com has thousands of third party sellers that sell stuff through their site. Maybe your side is just a magnet for natural allies? (I'm not trying to step on creative toes here)

Well, it's known that dwagons only became available to pop when Stanley attuned to the 'hammer (or became overlord?). So by that reasoning, only two extra would be possible. However, we know that at least the tchochkes and sourmanders are Jetstone units because they were in the tunnels and Ansom wanted 'only Jetstone and Marbit units in the tunnels.' The unipegataurs' and orlies' presence in Jetstone also makes me suspect that they belong to Jetstone, although it isn't certain.

And I suppose that the Zamacoams could be natural allies, and the Wilson's are made by dollamancy instead of being popped... But that still leaves me with 5 special units.

EDIT: Added a ton of side history.
Sinrus

Postby MonteCristo » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:50 am

Sinrus wrote:Well, it's known that dwagons only became available to pop when Stanley attuned to the 'hammer (or became overlord?)

No it has not... that is pure fanon
It has never been said within the comic that GK is only able to pop dwagons because of the hammer, and it has never been said that GK did not have dwagons before stanely found the hammer...

off topic, i suspect that atonement may be thanks to a number of qualities... Essentially, one of the reasons (though not the only reason) why Stanely attuned to the dwagon taming Hammer was because he came from a side that pops dwagons.
MonteCristo
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby Sinrus » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:17 pm

http://www.erfworld.com/book-1-archive/?px=/079.jpg
Right here it says that Saline liked Stanley because he could tame dwagons. Why would he care if they could already pop them?
Sinrus

Postby MonteCristo » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:57 pm

Sinrus wrote:http://www.erfworld.com/book-1-archive/?px=/079.jpg
Right here it says that Saline liked Stanley because he could tame dwagons. Why would he care if they could already pop them?

First off, taming Dwagons means more dwagons without any kind of production cost or waiting time... Considering how long it takes dwagons to pop, the hammer could easily double or triple the rate at which they get new dwagons; hell Saline could rely on the hammer for dwagon needs and use his cities for other units.
And Second, the quote is "tame dwagons and win battles"... so it's not just the dwagons, but also stanely earning a string of victories with those dwagons
Frankly, if popping dwagons was indeed a gift given only by the hammer, i think it would have been outright stated as opposed to just being limited to "taming"... afterall the term "taming" is never used in regard to actual unit production... when GK produces a dwagons it is referred to as "popping", not "taming"
MonteCristo
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby aLkaline » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:29 am

*tried this before but it didn't upload.*

Given the situation given at the start; I would attempt to crate an industrialized side. Something steam-punk meet Warhammer 4000, but on the practical side I would be focused on resource and economic development to support the constant innovation and heavy use of magic items.

Terrain: a mix of forest, plains, and hotspring/Geyser hexes with a few mountains ( like Yellowstone park). their is a ocean coastline to the northeast with most of the mountains to the north and northwest. The side covers twice the usual area of a similar side. the large area and guerrilla tactics are used to weaken and disorganize attacking forces before they reach critical and/or heavy defended areas.

Side: Incorporate

Ruler:
Edison Tesla

Capital: Metropolis: lvl 8 do to defense systems being developed and tested here. Built with many factory and research facilities with the courtyard comprising of a maze of interconnected buildings several stories high and usefully for ambushes. city designed to give a terrain bonus to shockmancy.

Other Cities: Pearl Harbor: lvl 4; built in a cove on the northeast coast. used for all aquatic testing and seaborne resources.
YellowStone: lvl 3: built in a ravine to the west. used mostly for mining and production.
Camp Pound: lvl 1: used as the hub for all the gatherers to the south. meant to be abandon under serious threat.

Units: Do to the development of many unit types, Mostly golems, this is a short list of notable units.
Warlords and Infantry are capable of switching classes (piker, stabber, archer, etc.) at will and with power-ups can effectively act at a higher level.
WoodChucks: Can cut down trees for smuckers and turn a forest into a feild or they can dig tunnels for mining. weak in combat but they have tracking and scout speacials.
Mechans: Expensive Giant internally mounted golems with various abilities.
Carriers: Ships with no attack capable of carries large numbers vast distances over varying terrain.
Drop Troopers: Elite Infantry often dropped into enemy stacks break formations, attack key units, and cause chaos.
Slimes: wild and tamed units. Amorphous water-capable animals with serveral hues. attack by ambushing and engulfing units and are found near hot springs.
Speed Daemons: natural allies with one of the highest move rates. ground units that appear as thin spiky humanoids in all leather raiment and goggles.

Common Magic Items:
Medi-powder: minor healmancy item that gives hits in proportion to amount used up to max. usually kept in small pouches and can be used by anyone.
Fire Powder: a secret mix of minerals with natural shockmancy. critical to the development of firearms.
Linking watches: large wristbands used by high ranking units to share information and orders on the thinkmancy network created by incorporate casters.
Drop Armor: Raiment that give a defense and combat bonus to the wearer. Often customized with many features.
Spell bindings: allow non-casters to use spell-like abilities, but must have an external source of juice. appears as tattoos.
Faux juice: an artificial form of juice created by special generators. a blue liquid that can power spell binding and equipment that require more juice than a caster can provide.

Casters: Do to the nauture of the side they often hire casters from the MK. but this is the permanent staff.
Onkel Mengele: Dollmancer/Multi-talent: (cheif caster) organize caster and leads experiments. middle-aged domineering man of science.
Ayers: Dirtmancer: golem production. Goth Girl.
Lloyd Barclay: moneymancer - Fiances. yuppie, young gentleman of good-taste.
Kilroy: Shockmancer - (long-term contract) support. young fit energetic man found of exercising.
DJ Telus: thinkmancer - network and communications. a woman who talk like a disk jockey and usually doesn't care how she looks.
aLkaline

Postby pSycHOtic chICkeN » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:14 am

My side retains the element of surprise. 8-)
pSycHOtic chICkeN

Postby Yucca » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:07 pm

pSycHOtic chICkeN wrote:My side retains the element of surprise. 8-)

Apparently it also contains the soul of wit. I approve.
Yucca

Return to Everything Else Erfworld