Creating an Erfworld RPG

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Creating an Erfworld RPG

Postby doran » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:57 pm

Hey guys,

As you may know, I've been thinking of running a pbp/IRC rpg campaign in Erfworld. And to that end, I have been talking about creating a series of mechanics, partly based of Exalted's d10 series, with Justyn. Unfortunately due to exams its looking like I'll have to postpone my campaign until late August/ Early September. However thats no reason not to share the mechanics and give people the chance to contribute, and maybe run their own Erfworld campaigns! Of course play testing will also be needed of the mechanics.

To that end, here is the category in the wiki for the pages. Feel free to work on the rules, but if you have an idea for a different ruleset, please branch it off onto a new page.

Also below is my brief for the campaign I'll be running.

Spoiler: show
The campaign will be run on a mixture of play-by-post on the forums, and one night a week GMT time on IRC. The PCs will be barbarian warlord mercanaries, fleeing with some of their troops from a Southern Waste side which hired them, but has now be conquered. They are working together due to their individual forces being low, and will head out to sea to be hired by various sides ala Jillian
MarbitChow wrote: Don't you get it yet? WE ARE THE MAGIC KINGDOM.
We're the people sitting around discussing our pet theories based on nomenclature, citing references, discussing ad nauseum while Parson finds out how it works.
doran
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Re: Creating an Erfworld RPG

Postby effataigus » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:07 pm

Sounds like fun!
Last edited by effataigus on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:31 am, edited 239044 times in total.
effataigus

Postby Sixty » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:48 am

That does sound kinda fun. I might be interested.
Sixty

Postby GlueDuck » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:24 pm

Definently interested, can't wait to see how it will turn out.
GlueDuck

Postby Sixty » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:48 am

Looking at the wiki, if I had a weakling knight, would I basically get +1 attack, -1 upkeep, and the ability to ride mounts for free?
Sixty

Postby doran » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:32 am

Sixty wrote:Looking at the wiki, if I had a weakling knight, would I basically get +1 attack, -1 upkeep, and the ability to ride mounts for free?

This, this is why i need people to help. yeah the weakling template is a result of wanting to make bats cheap and plentiful.
Altered the template, feel free to change it or add your own.
MarbitChow wrote: Don't you get it yet? WE ARE THE MAGIC KINGDOM.
We're the people sitting around discussing our pet theories based on nomenclature, citing references, discussing ad nauseum while Parson finds out how it works.
doran

Return to Everything Else Erfworld