Book Order Issues / Site News

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Book Order Issues / Site News

Postby Wayne » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:59 pm

There are several spots to get news on Erfworld
- Erfworld Forums Announcements (See board index)
- Erfworld Site News
- Erfworld Facebook groups page

In case you missed it on the Site News, the books are at the warehouse and there were some minor problems with the delivery that Rob Balder is working out.

I only check the forums every now and then when I think I didn't understand a joke or comment, but I didn't see this kind of information posted.

As a plus, my scanning didn't notice anyone complaining about the delays, either. I'm patient, and I appreciate book status updates. Everyone else seems to be patient as well.

Thanks again for keeping us updated.
Wayne
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Re: Book Order Issues / Site News

Postby the_tick_rules » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:15 am

Boy erf just can't catch a break can it?
I would be a procrastinator, but I keep putting it off.
the_tick_rules

Postby pSycHOtic chICkeN » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:27 am

It is possible to order the damaged books at discount price? Mint condition books are nice but some of us are suffering severe schmucker shortages.
pSycHOtic chICkeN

Postby SomeUnregisteredPunk » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:11 am

I second pSycHOtic chICkeN request, unless you are getting some other deal to recompense your losses in the shipping problems that hinders this.
SomeUnregisteredPunk

Postby Sieggy » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:02 am

Make sure you document the damaged goods, the shipping company is liable for damages and you need to let them know IMMEDIATELY. Especially get pictures of the damaged pallets themselves - if they were damaged by an idiot forklift operator, that's definitely their responsibility. I don't know whether the shipper is liable for retail replacement or what, but legally, you're entitled to recover damages from the shipper due to their negligence.
The Truth Will Set You Free. But First It Will Piss You Off.
Sieggy

Postby ZPedro » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:46 pm

Yeah, I mean, you (Rob) ought to be able to get whoever's responsible to compensate for the damage done. And I have no doubt you are working on it already.

I mean, it's like you could write a book about everything that went wrong with this. And then you could self-publish that book, things would go wrong again, and then you could write a second edition adding the new stuff that went wrong. Score!
ZPedro
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby NastySasquatch » Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:54 pm

I dont really want to be this guy but.

was the price savings on chinese printing worth the effects? This is pretty much the condition i see alot of chinese print orders arrive in over the years and it always kind of makes me wish people would stick to domestic printing and possibly not have ruined a solid american industry.
NastySasquatch

Postby Smoker » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:11 pm

NastySasquatch wrote:I dont really want to be this guy but.

was the price savings on chinese printing worth the effects? This is pretty much the condition i see alot of chinese print orders arrive in over the years and it always kind of makes me wish people would stick to domestic printing and possibly not have ruined a solid american industry.

You gotta do what you gotta do. I know I often purchase my IT components from a store in the city that has a terrible rep for things being faulty - but they are just so damn cheap, and my customers will do anything for a saving. So I make them aware of what's going on, and how my stuff is so cheap, and they are cool to take the risk that every now and again I need to chase up a warranty issue, and lose some time.

In the end, I get more customers, and they get more products. There are bumps along the way, but in the end it works for everyone.

I see the same situation here. Not many people are prepared to spend top dollar on the book. So if (most) people are going to get their books at all, they need to take the cheap and risky road, and just be patient.

(Or do what I'm doing, and wait for some feedback from people who have received the book before ordering :P)
No, no. It hit him in the brain because it killed him. - Dante
Smoker

Postby Beeskee » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:12 am

Those are some messed-up pallets. I hope you can get a refund from the printer or the shipping company, whoever is responsible for the boop-up. Barring that, you can offer the damaged books for sale at a discount.

I second the suggestion for going with a local printing company next time. It's good to support local businesses, and they could definitely use it right now. You might have to charge more for the next production run to offset the additional costs.

Heh. Looks like the Boat Unexpected Extra Route was Boat Unexpected Extra Bumpy.

When playing Capitalism 2, I always set up local factories and farms for whatever major products I'm making. :D

Edit: Oh btw, pad your delivery schedules by a couple months. I think that's what the folks who have more experience do, and why their shipments are "on time".
Beeskee
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Wayne » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:25 am

Checking the Con Schedule list, Rob was locked up this weekend.
It's early, that's the best I can do for a joke.
Although if I was going to lock him up for real, I would suggest this is most appropriate. (Note while this comic panel is safe, other panels are NSFW)

He was in Memphis this weekend, but has a little break before the next Con in Richmond. Hopefully he'll have the time he needs to get a handle on things. There are some good suggestions, but I'm just a regular guy like you guys and there's no indication that he reads this forum on a regular basis.

There are instructions for how to get into the IRC channel he frequents on occasion. If you think you have a good idea, you could wait until he's there, and then at an appropriate time, tactfully and politely suggest it to him.

Edit: Changed those last few words to discourage the idea of pouncing and being overly aggressive, and to mess with Mal's quote below.
Last edited by Wayne on Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wayne

Postby Mal » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:59 pm

Wayne wrote:There are instructions for how to get into the IRC channel he frequents on occasion. If you think you have a good idea, you could wait until he's there, and suggest it to him.

This. We're usually a tad more informed, since Rob hangs out there, but we also would love the extra folks to keep us company ;)
Mal, Professional Patsy! You can blame it alllll on me :D
Mal

Postby PseudoPserious » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:32 pm

Just wanted to double-check...Book 1 has not shipped yet, right? I've got a slightly non-standard address and sometimes my packages get misdelievered.

Thanks for the info,
PP
PseudoPserious

Postby Magentawolf » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:34 pm

Right. When are we getting our books, anyway?
Magentawolf

Postby Beeskee » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:47 pm

I couldn't find the thread for Book 2 discussions, sorry if this is the wrong place.

Could we get a version of Book 2 with the text updates included? I thought I read that it would just be the comics, but I feel the text adds a lot to it, even though from a story standpoint it's optional. Also what book are the summer updates going in? Are they even going in one of the books?
Beeskee
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Varthonai » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:12 pm

I'm going to be out of town for the next two weeks and the post office is holding all my federal mail, but is the new shipping place in Richmond sending the books through the main US postal service or through an independent package delivery company like UPS? Because if it's the latter I don't want it to end up sent back, not after all this time waiting... can I get the shipping address for my order changed to a friend's house or something?
Varthonai
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Beeskee » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:57 pm

Got my book. ^.^

It contains all the book 1 comics, all the summer updates split into 2 parts, and a glossary that answers a bunch of questions that have been lingering on the forums (a caster's juice is refilled to full at the start of every turn) plus it serves as a good introduction to new readers who might be confused by all the weird names and such.

It arrived by US Postal service, shipped priority. Roughly, folks on the west coast should get it in the next 3-4 business days, east coast folks should have it in a day or two, depending on how far north or south you are. (again, business, don't count the weekend) And those in the middle, sometime in between. :D Out of the country or overseas, longer, however long it usually takes to receive things from the US, shipped USPS, via your local postal system.

I wish Rob had gone with a local printer, because they would have an easier time fulfilling smaller specialized orders such as the one I'm about to suggest: I wish there was a large-print, oversized hardback version of the book available to purchase. :) I'd buy that too.
Beeskee
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby BarGamer » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:27 am

PseudoPserious wrote:Just wanted to double-check...Book 1 has not shipped yet, right? I've got a slightly non-standard address and sometimes my packages get misdelievered.

Thanks for the info,PP

I requested that my Book 1 and 2 be combined into one shipment. I have a thing about reading books in order. I'm in Georgia. When should I expect my books?
I am the Barbarian Gamer. I can roam. I can explore. I am free to make purchases or returns or forum posts of whatever I please. I'm here for the same reasons you are. One, this interests me. And two? I love Erfworld. May the Titans help me.
BarGamer
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby cloudbreaker » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:05 pm

Got my book in the mail today and it looks awesome! I skipped ahead and read a few of the new extra pages too. I'll just say this. It was well worth the wait.
Bored? Read The Adventured of Melissa Ray. An Erfworld fanfic. comment here

Or A Tale From Traz. (Now complete!). comment here.
cloudbreaker

Postby Nows7 » Sun May 01, 2011 5:29 am

Got home from DnD, to find a big envelope on my chair... what is this? "Order fulfillment"? huh?

OMG! Erfworld book 1! Danm, I have to wake up in six hours to have lunch with family... want to read now...
Nows7
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Magentawolf » Mon May 02, 2011 2:20 pm

BarGamer wrote:
PseudoPserious wrote:Just wanted to double-check...Book 1 has not shipped yet, right? I've got a slightly non-standard address and sometimes my packages get misdelievered.

Thanks for the info,PP

I requested that my Book 1 and 2 be combined into one shipment. I have a thing about reading books in order. I'm in Georgia. When should I expect my books?

A very long time in the future? Issue 1 of Book 2 hasn't been printed yet, as far as I know.
Magentawolf

Next

Return to Everything Else Erfworld