Turning the decrypted

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Turning the decrypted

Postby Roketter » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:17 pm

Just tought about this...

The Turnamancer can do anything to turn them... why not call a croackamancer ?

I bet the deathmancers have some sort of spell to turn undead units to their own side, shouldn't they ? I mean it's ABC of animator casters, summon, create and control undead.
Roketter

Re: Turning the decrypted

Postby Thunder » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:13 pm

i was also wondering about a healomancer perhaps being able to bring on a complete resurrection and freeing control from wanda
I live up in the land of ice and snow, where the hot springs blow, from the city which rhymes with fun.
do you know from whence i hail?
Thunder

Postby Roketter » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:23 pm

hmm... i don't think so... If healomancers had resurection spells then there wouldn't be such a sense of fatality around croaking. Further, one of the written updates is from the point of view of a healomancer showing that resurection is out of his reach.

Perhaps a tri-caster-link of a healomancer, thinkamancer and a croakmancer could perform it, sort of like a decryption but without all the evilness, mind controlling, propension to being dusted and the side-changing. But ther's no faction we know with all those three, and no one in erfworld likes to get casters into combat.

Also the links are mostly unexplored magic, so it isn't likely to have been done before... and with the juice cost adjusted to a three caster spell, resurrecting or decrypting units would loose it's atractiveness when facing Wanda who can do it for free. They'd be better off using such a link to find ways to kill as many decrypted as posible.
Roketter

Postby MarbitChow » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:36 pm

A trimancer link of turnamancer / croakamancer / thinkamancer may be required to turn the decrypted. It also might not even be possible - the magic of the 'Pliers is stronger than regular magic, clearly.
Equilateratoria is now underway. New players are welcome to join at any time! (Rules)
MarbitChow

Postby Thunder » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:05 pm

Roketter wrote:hmm... i don't think so... If healomancers had resurection spells then there wouldn't be such a sense of fatality around croaking.

which is ok because wanda already took care of the resurrection part, they just have to fix the brain damage they seem to have undergone during the process
I live up in the land of ice and snow, where the hot springs blow, from the city which rhymes with fun.
Thunder

Postby the_tick_rules » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:14 pm

healomancy is also dependent on them being classified as uncroaked in erf terms. we sure they are?
I would be a procrastinator, but I keep putting it off.
the_tick_rules

Postby Roketter » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:43 pm

Im not sure Wanda's taken care of the resurection part... the units get dusted when they die.

If they had been resurected then they would just croak again like normal units. They've been altered in some fundamental way that makes them share the same fate of uncroaked when they die.
Roketter

Postby Thunder » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:09 am

i didn't think basic uncroaked units turned to dust upon death, only those which were killed by someone wielding the pliers. im pretty sure they fall down dead just like every other unit when killed... or recroaked?
Thunder

Postby TokraZeno » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:44 am

I don't think there's anything that prevents a resurrection spell. If it existed I would think it's a croakamany/healamancy combination. Probably would require a three-way link, a hell of a lot of juice and have to be done before the unit depops.
TokraZeno

Return to Everything Else Erfworld