Summer Updates, Some More Info

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Re: Summer Updates, Some More Info

Postby Chaotic Descent » Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:39 am

Sorry for the thread necromancy. I wasn't sure what was the most appropriate place to post this.

balder wrote:Here's some more information about what we're doing this Summer.

First, don't expect a real story. At least not in the sense of "tension building to a climax and denouement." This is a series of snapshots in the interstitial period between the first two major stories. Think of it as "some conversations between Luke and Han and Leia as they had to move the rebel base from Yavin to Hoth." Interesting, but the real story began at the start of Empire Strikes Back, when the new base is discovered and there's dramatic tension again.

It's 45 pages so far. Some of the developments in these summer updates seem more important than Balder's statement would suggest. (Maybe it's just me.) Is all of this going to be included in book 2? or it's own release because it's such a different medium?
Chaotic Descent

Postby Chaotic Descent » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:33 am

Seriously, do I need to start a new thread to get an answer? It seemed like the forum was littered with threats too numerous and similar in topic, although I guess this might be a bit much to reach back this far, it was more on-topic. but maybe that's just the way things work here and I should go with that instead of what I figured.

With this last summer update... I'm realizing it really does feel like a lot more is going on than Rob Balder's post here suggests to me. Some character have changes in attitude. Jillian is convinced that royalty is legit, and rebuilds Faq. That's HUGE. Parson quits as warlord and tries to loosen up psychologically and get in shape.

(and I'd still like to know where the Summer Updates will go as far as physical publishing)
Chaotic Descent

Postby SteveMB » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:06 am

Chaotic Descent wrote:(and I'd still like to know where the Summer Updates will go as far as physical publishing)

According to Rob's original post on the thread, and confirmed in the original post on this thread, the Summer Updates start with the two epilogues planned for the physical-volume version of Book 1 (Stanley's return to GK and Jillian's visit to Transylvito). That suggests that the publication of Book 1 will include the Summer Updates (possibly tweaked a bit) covering those storylines; my guess is that the eventual publication of Book 2 will include the remainder of the Summer Updates as an intro section.
Is this a real holy war, or just a bunch of deluded boopholes croaking each other?
SteveMB
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby partywhipple » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:58 pm

I loved the writing. Seriously. Loved it more than the comic form. The art takes from the story I think. The artist's skill doesn't keep up with the writer's. Just my opinion. Might be hard to keep up for any artist, though. You really proved you could write this Summer.
Best not to line your walls with mercenaries...
partywhipple

Previous

Return to Everything Else Erfworld