Maybe wrong forum, but: Hey Rob, interested in a commission?

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Maybe wrong forum, but: Hey Rob, interested in a commission?

Postby GaryThunder » Tue May 24, 2011 4:42 am

What I'm looking for, Rob, is a big splash-panel shot, with the new art style, of Ansom leading the Archons in the DDR dance-fight maneuver over Gobwin Knob's garrison. Possibly something I could use as a desktop image (I'm packing 1600x900 widescreen). There's a fragment of this scene drawn by Xin on the second page of Book 2, but a big shot showing Ansom's string of Perfects and a bunch of stiffly-hopping RCC soldiers on one side and Wanda's Thriller zombies on the other side would be glorious.

I always liked this bit; Ansom seemed a bit pompous and almost foolish in several places throughout Book 1, but there I think he really showed that he brings more than just a massive leadership bonus to the table. It's one of my favorite moves in the big game of Xanatos Speed Chess that characterized the last third or so of Book 1. Even Parson admitted that that move pretty much ended the fight, as dance-fighting Uncroaked was the only military advantage Parson had left. (Zombcano is different.)

For this I would pay $50. No deadline, as I know you and Xin already have a million things to do; waiting several weeks or even several months for work to begin wouldn't be unreasonable, if that's how the scheduling happens to work out. The idea here is that I would be buying this picture for the community, sort of sponsoring its creation like an artist's patron. After completion, I'd want to see it publicly exhibited for all to sample, hopefully without having to pay an additional fee. If anyone else cares to throw in, that'd be spiffy.

If this is the wrong forum, sorry, and feel free to move it to the right forum whenever you can be arsed to.
GaryThunder

Re: Maybe wrong forum, but: Hey Rob, interested in a commiss

Postby President_Allosaurus » Wed May 25, 2011 12:44 am

A scene that detailed? Archons, the background, Wanda, Ansom, Wanda's troops? ONLY 50$? Try 100$. You're asking for super-high res (wallpaper quality) here of a LOT of details.
President_Allosaurus

Postby seans23 » Wed May 25, 2011 12:47 am

If you become a tool, you'll have access to lots of wallpapers in the size you need. Not the particular page that you requested, but that could change.
seans23
Tool + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby ftl » Wed May 25, 2011 3:42 am

Why doncha become a tool?

There's a thread in the toolbox for custom wallpaper requests.

There's already a backlog though.
ftl
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby drachefly » Wed May 25, 2011 10:03 am

That's way more than $50 worth of material if you want it done 'gloriously'. Even Pres. Allosaurus' $100 is on the low side.
drachefly
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby balder » Fri May 27, 2011 4:12 am

Yeah I hate to say it, but that's way low. If Xin has time to draw Erfworld related things, it needs to be the comic itself. My suggestion is that you contact Jamie Noguchi about it and see what he would charge. Let him know I am okay with such a project.
balder

Return to Everything Else Erfworld