crokamancy

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Re: crokamancy

Postby bob the 6th » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:35 pm

said units that last a few turns, or one campaign at the most. its not to say croakamancy is totally sucks, it just seems a little weak. when you have to risk your caster every time you want to use it, the caster is either in combat lots and dead fast or lucky, or is never used except in last stands, and then it is weak from lack of levels. it just seems that the class lack a smaller, simpler, every turn ability. if say the croakamancer could spend turns buffing the uncroaked,it might be fair. or if wandas natural skill in the other forms of magic are the rule among croakamancers.
bob the 6th

Postby drachefly » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:56 pm

A few turns was from Trioxin. There were 5 - FIVE - warlords in various stages of decay at the beginning of tBfGK. We have literally no idea how long ago Lady Phat-Singh, Archduke Ferdinand, Leeroy Jenkins, and Ensign Toast croaked.
drachefly
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby bob the 6th » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:45 pm

but shockammancy should be limited. damage magic is the most limited kind of magic in any game, the creators but heavy limits to its max damage and range. this is also generally true with necromancy, but still. (I site refrances to games because this acts a lot like a game and therfore proly has the same limits). also necromancy generally takes more effort than blast magic does, or even heal magic.
bob the 6th

Postby bob the 6th » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:25 pm

drachefly wrote:A few turns was from Trioxin. There were 5 - FIVE - warlords in various stages of decay at the beginning of tBfGK. We have literally no idea how long ago Lady Phat-Singh, Archduke Ferdinand, Leeroy Jenkins, and Ensign Toast croaked.

five really week warlords, near the end of there usefulness, that would need another commander on hand except they had a thinkamancer.
bob the 6th

Postby Tachyon » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:27 pm

Food for thought: Croakamancy is a discipline which presumably has its own section in the MK. In order for Croakamancy to work, a caster needs: 1. Corpses, 2. A Clear Mind.

If there's no violence to produce corpses in the MK, they must come from somewhere else. We know from one of Parson's Klogs that corpses de-pop if they're not reanimated or moved (assuming it wasn't a typo about moving them, and "moving" means they have to cross a hex border, then Misty's corpse could've been preserved if they'd tossed it on a wagon or something and taken it outside of the city).

Maybe unsavory sides sell corpses to Croakamancers who're looking to practice their discipline. Thoughts?

Also, on the arrows/"myth" topic: Probably was Jack demonstrating for Wanda the impending danger, since she had just woken up and was not exactly alert. Jack can do sound and images as illusions; presumably the "myth" bit is a combination sound effect/expository artwork intended to give you the impression that the arrow whizzed by/through Wanda but wasn't real.
I don't always Think, but when I do - I Think because I can.
Tachyon

Postby warriortribble » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:02 am

Tachyon wrote:Maybe unsavory sides sell corpses to Croakamancers who're looking to practice their discipline. Thoughts?

Possible, but I think Croakamancers who wish to level would simply hire themselves out as mercenaries to aggressive sides. Especially since this way they're the ones that get paid.
warriortribble
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby bob the 6th » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:01 pm

but that would mean leaving the magic kingdom, and because of there discipline, going into combat as much as possible. Wanda is crazy high level so it isn't much of an issue, but for a level one? it would be dangerous. if the group as a whole bought corpses then the novices might get the training they need. also Wanda always seems to know a bit about combat, at least three instances I can think of but don't feel like looking through the archives. this might reflect that croakamancers get some basic combat, to balance them at low levels but it will mater less at high levels.
bob the 6th

Postby drachefly » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:46 pm

Step 1: a side gets some bodies
Step 2: brings bodies to capitol
Step 3: hires croakamancer
Step 4: profit

I didn't even need question marks.
drachefly

Previous