Chalie's origins

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Chalie's origins

Postby raphfrk » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:06 pm

From Stanley's surprise at a caster attuning to an Arkentool, I wonder if Charlie was a warlord before he became ruler, rather than a Thinkamancer. (Ofc, it is equally likely that Charlie's origins are just unknown, and Stanley just assumed he was a warlord).

Also, his capital, seems more like an hidden base in the mountains, rather than a city (unless the Arkendish is much larger than the other 2 tools). What if he popped as a barbarian warlord who found and attuned to the arkendish and then found a deserted hex to setup his base. His mountain base could be his only city, and his only interaction with the world is via his units.
raphfrk
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Re: Chalie's origins

Postby Alcazabedabra » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:32 pm

Hmmm... no, Charlescomm is a side. They aren't Barbarians because if they were, their turn would be on the Barbarians' turn.
Alcazabedabra

Postby raphfrk » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:40 pm

Alcazabedabra wrote:Hmmm... no, Charlescomm is a side. They aren't Barbarians because if they were, their turn would be on the Barbarians' turn.

Barbarian warlords can become rulers if they can find/capture a city (and likewise a ruler who loses his last city becomes a barbarian warlord). His base would have to be officially a city.

Ofc, there is an issue about where cities can be built. His mountain base could have been an abandoned city.
raphfrk
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Alcazabedabra » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:46 pm

Yeah, he could have started as a Barbarian. Or he may have begun much like Wanda - part of a side from which he defected, or which was destroyed while he was afield.

Barbarian thinkamancers are rare, but I can imagine a clever one getting to Charlie's position.

Another possibility is that he was summoned from another universe. Like Parson. Some warlord was in need of a Thinkamancer, couldn't hire one, and paid the Magic Kingdom for a summoning spell that would get him one.

That would mean that Charlie could have come from anywhere, and might be capable of anything.
Alcazabedabra

Postby Pentegarn » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:52 am

Was the dopest post I ever wrote... in '94
Pentegarn
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Return to Everything Else Erfworld