Amateur Predictamancy Thread (BETTING)

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Re: Amateur Predictamancy Thread (BETTING)

Postby mortissimus » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:04 am

wih wrote:Offering the following bet, as a package of 45 Q/15 each section. If you're taking portions of it, take equal from the three:
- That during Book 3, there will be an attempt to bring a caster into an involuntary link
- That this link will be initiated by Charlie/the Arkendish
- That the target of this link will be Parson

To clarify, if you take this bet for all it's 15/45, and in Book 3 Charlie attempts to involuntarily link Wanda, the net sum would be 15 to me. If Parson tried to involuntarily link Charlie, it would be 15 to you. If you took 5/15, then those example numbers would be 5 each.

Interesting. I'll take 5/15. So 5Q each against:
- That during Book 3, there will be an attempt to bring a caster into an involuntary link
mortissimus

Postby Taikei no Yuurei » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:36 pm

mortissimus wrote:
wih wrote:Offering the following bet, as a package of 45 Q/15 each section. If you're taking portions of it, take equal from the three:

To clarify, if you take this bet for all it's 15/45, and in Book 3 Charlie attempts to involuntarily link Wanda, the net sum would be 15 to me. If Parson tried to involuntarily link Charlie, it would be 15 to you. If you took 5/15, then those example numbers would be 5 each.

Interesting. I'll take 5/15. So 5Q each against:

I'll take the remainder.
Taikei no Yuurei
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby No one in particular » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:37 pm

I've been reminded that I have an extra 10q now that the month has rolled over; I'm sinking it into my "Parson is a Date-a-mancer" bet.

If anyone wants to sink another 10 against me, that's available now.

Refresher
Bet: Parson is a Date-a-mancer
Yes: (110)
  • No one in particular - 110
No: (100)
  • Lilwik - 10
  • drachefly - 20
  • xarx - 20
  • mortissimus - 20
  • wih - 30
"Are you always so pessimistic?"
"Not at all. I saved it for my last battle."
---
Got questions? Ask Count Downer!
No one in particular

Postby Taikei no Yuurei » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:18 pm

I'll take you up on that bet. You'll either be very poor or very rich here soon. Well, not too soon, it'll be a while till we find out anything about his class I'm guessing. Like... 10ish updates I think.
Taikei no Yuurei
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby No one in particular » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:10 am

Taikei no Yuurei wrote:I'll take you up on that bet. You'll either be very poor or very rich here soon. Well, not too soon, it'll be a while till we find out anything about his class I'm guessing. Like... 10ish updates I think.

What can I say, I am 98% certain that Parson's a Date-a-mancer.

The remaining 2% is 1% - he's not a caster at all, 1% - some sort of multi-class / omni caster nonsense.
"Are you always so pessimistic?"
"Not at all. I saved it for my last battle."
---
Got questions? Ask Count Downer!
No one in particular

Postby Taikei no Yuurei » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:51 pm

No one in particular wrote:
Taikei no Yuurei wrote:I'll take you up on that bet. You'll either be very poor or very rich here soon. Well, not too soon, it'll be a while till we find out anything about his class I'm guessing. Like... 10ish updates I think.

What can I say, I am 98% certain that Parson's a Date-a-mancer.

The remaining 2% is 1% - he's not a caster at all, 1% - some sort of multi-class / omni caster nonsense.

If I had to put a bet on a single class for Parson, it'd be signamancy if anything. He, like us, notices how things in Erfworld seem tied to Stupidworld in very humorous and highly coincidental ways. Which I would think is essentially the base role of a Signamancer, like the base role of a Foolamancer is seeing what others don't, just in a different way. Also, he made those signs in the capital, not that they seem to have increased income or anything that anyone has mentioned.

Ah well, I'm happy to either take your schmuckers or declare you an amazing predictamancer.
Taikei no Yuurei
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Taikei no Yuurei » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:51 pm

Your quatloo that is. Sadly, no schmuckers to be had here.
Taikei no Yuurei
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby bladestorm » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:55 pm

I'll wager 5Q that there is no interrupt in the schedule for this week.
bladestorm

Postby Taikei no Yuurei » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:18 pm

bladestorm wrote:I'll wager 5Q that there is no interrupt in the schedule for this week.

I will refuse to take that on principle. I don't want to want to win that one :P
Taikei no Yuurei
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Xarx » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:28 am

5 quatloo says that the thinkagram in Epilogue 10 wasn't really from Maggie.
Xarx

Postby bpzinn » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:05 am

bladestorm wrote:I'll wager 5Q that there is no interrupt in the schedule for this week.

As it is now the 14th, and there was no update on Friday the 13th, I would like to take this bet, as it has not been rescinded yet ^_^

Also, the 13th was my birthday, and I was really wanting that update :P
bpzinn

Postby mortissimus » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:51 am

Xarx wrote:5 quatloo says that the thinkagram in Epilogue 10 wasn't really from Maggie.

I'll take that.
mortissimus

Postby drachefly » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:14 pm

bpzinn wrote:

As it is now the 14th, and there was no update on Friday the 13th, I would like to take this bet, as it has not been rescinded yet ^_^

Also, the 13th was my birthday, and I was really wanting that update :P

Can't take unwinnable or unloseable bets.
drachefly
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby bpzinn » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:51 pm

drachefly wrote:Can't take unwinnable or unloseable bets.

It was definitely loseable. I posted on 12:04 am central time, and there was still time zones available for american audiences at least. As the terms of the bet were vague, this would have bumped it to you for adjudication, and you could have likely decided against me, as "the polls are still open in California" as it were.
bpzinn

Postby drachefly » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:27 am

Even so, there was too much information you had that he didn't - he posted on wednesday. You alluded to this additional information in your post.
drachefly

Postby mortissimus » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:47 am

mortissimus wrote:
Xarx wrote:5 quatloo says that the thinkagram in Epilogue 10 wasn't really from Maggie.

I'll take that.

Per epilogue 12, I'd say I won that. Fastest bet I've won I think.
mortissimus

Postby bpzinn » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:54 am

This is a Bet concerning trimancer links. I have 35/100 quatloos available, first come first serve.

I bet that it is possible for a participants in a trimancer link to contribute more than one caster discipline.

I think that this is possible because casters can be skilled in more than one discipline, and can have a class they can be referred by other than one of the 24 disciplines, that incorporates more then one discipline. Such as Janis is a "Grand Abbie" (and not a Florist, Signamancer, or Datamancer), and Issac is a Headmaster, (and not a Thinkamancer, Lookamancer, or Foolamancer). I believe this would enable such a caster to contribute multiple disciplines to the link.

Bet flavor 1: What I just said. This bet is even money.

I win if: There is a linkup where one caster contributes more than one discipline, or
Rob Balder specifically states this is possible, or
It is authoritatively stated in comic/text that this is possible.
(09/22/2013) GWvsJohn's caveat: Unless it is specifically stated otherwise in the comic/text/balder, In a case where Charlie (or another dish-attuned non-thinkamancer) is shown to contribute thinkamancy and other discipline(s), the thinkamancy will be assumed to be from/enabled by the arkendish and not contributed by the attuned user.

You win if: a caster skilled (adept level or better) in 3 linked disciplines (all eyemancy, all hippymancy, ect) joins a link and is only ABLE to contribute one discipline.(does not count if only one discipline was needed) or
Rob Balder states this is not possible, or
It is authoritatively stated in comic/text this is not possible.

Bet is annulled if: Book 4 begins without bet being decided.

Bet flavor 2: nonstandard linkup. Has better odds. I bet 3 quatloos to your 2 quatloos.

All tricaster linkups thus far have been 3 disciplines, one of which was a a thinkamancer holding it together.
I bet this will be exceeded in some way before the beginning of book 4. Either by the above bet, by a 4 person linkup, by using the dish as a router so the third person in the linkup need not be a thinkamancer, or something else.

I win if: There is a nonstandard linkup before book 4 begins.

You win if: I have not won by book 4.

Takers:
Lilwik (09/22/2013): 10 quatloos against a nonstandard linkup in book 4, matched against 15 quatloos from me.
GWvsJohn (09/22/2013): 50 quatloos against multi-discipline caster linkups, matched against 50 quatloos from me.
Last edited by bpzinn on Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bpzinn

Postby Lilwik » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:41 am

bpzinn wrote:Bet flavor 2: nonstandard linkup. Has better odds. I bet 3 quatloos to your 2 quatloos.
I'll take 10 quatloos of that bet. Those odds are too good for something as rare as a link, especially when Sizemore has already ruled this out. But Sizemore isn't a Thinkamancer, so we'll just have to wait and see.
Lilwik

Postby GWvsJohn » Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:50 pm

bpzinn, I'll take 50 of flavor 1, with the caveat that Charlie providing Thinkamancy and Carnymancy to a link does not cause you to win.
GWvsJohn

Postby bpzinn » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:32 pm

GWvsJohn wrote:bpzinn, I'll take 50 of flavor 1, with the caveat that Charlie providing Thinkamancy and Carnymancy to a link does not cause you to win.

I have added a caveat to my win conditions. Is it acceptable?
bpzinn

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Else Erfworld