Messing with the uncroaked Volcano

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Messing with the uncroaked Volcano

Postby Roketter » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:34 pm

Just reading the terrain modification tread i just figured...

Gobwin Knob is built mostly on top of an Uncroaked Volcano. Now if someone -let's think Charlie- found a spell to disrupt uncroaked... then the mountain itself would turn to dust and the city would crumble to pieces. I bet such a spell actually exists... I mean the Volcano is not a decrypted, it's just a lowsy uncroaked.

Also I wonder if Wanda can actually control it while the uncroaking lasts... I bet if she wanted it, she could make Gobwin Knob burn from the other side of the world just by mentally giving it the order to erupt again... Stanley better not ever piss her off while standing over the tomb that is Gobwin Knob :D
Roketter

Re: Messing with the uncroaked Volcano

Postby Thunder » Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:46 pm

but i think she would have to be in the hex to activate the volcano.
I live up in the land of ice and snow, where the hot springs blow, from the city which rhymes with fun.
do you know from whence i hail?
Thunder

Postby Lamech » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:50 pm

Do uncroaked and other golems obey the creator or the side? It seems to me like if under anyone's control its under Stanley's control. If Sizemore built him a hardened room that somehow could keep Stanley safe, and fire the volcano again. And again. And again. Which would make any assult on GK impossible. (I do think that Sizemore could probably dump lava on any approaching ground or tunnel troops though.)
Lamech

Postby bob the 6th » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:18 am

with the meager cost of a city every time. that is a mighty fine level 4 or 5 (to lazy to go through the archives to find out), think of the smuckers. also wandas spell was not quite uncroak, in the same way I dought you would say the eyeamancers spells were foolamancy spells, lookamancy or even thinkamancy. it was a mishmash of all three, and I think the TPK spell was much the same. think of the spell as a defibrillator, the dirtamancer was the paddles, the croakamancer was the charge, and the thinkamancer the wiring between. Know think of the mountain as a heart in a corpse (the analogy gets a little thin hear), it got a shock and and pumped once, but the rest of the body was broken down to such a digrea that all they got was a spasm. they could hit it again and again until the heart burnt out, but there is no way they could get it moving. (I still want to see wanda poke the lava lake with the pliers, it would be awesome to see it turn to dust.)
bob the 6th

Postby skarl » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:08 am

-which is good, because uncroaked dust over time, automatically.
I'm not serious. I am never serious. seriously!

(please remember that I am a foreign speaker, and therefore make a lot of spelling & gramatic mistakes, and please don't pin me down on my exact formulation.)
skarl

Postby bob the 6th » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:55 pm

do they dust, or just decay to a pile of bones. the uncroaked warlords seemed to just croak rather than dust unless they were hit with the pliers.
bob the 6th

Postby MrBob81 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:46 am

I would imagine that Wanda could do little more with the volcano at GK without Sizemore and a link. The magic that uncroaked the volcano was as unusual as the magic used for the strategy table from the first book.

Regarding the uncroaked volcanos "life expectancy": We know uncroaked (not decrypted) wear out and decay with time. however whether they take the "dust in the wind" route similar to getting shwacked with the Arkenpliers, or return to a regular corpse hasn't been addressed in comic/text update. I would estimate that they would simply fall apart back into a corpse (judgement based on viewing the various uncroaked warlords in different stages of decomposition from age). The dusting is more in response to the overwhelming power of the arkenpliers, and maybe its connection to necromancy (or erfworld equivalent). How this affects the volcano at GK is that instead of our faux Mt Doom disappearing, it simply returns to its dormant state (if it hasnt already)
MrBob81

Return to Everything Else Erfworld