webcomic ranking

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

webcomic ranking

Postby thaco4 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:59 pm

Alright, so I have been trying to puzzle out why I have not seen Erfworld on any of the Top webcomic ranking sites, such as http://topwebcomics.com. And I am stumped. Do these ranking sites charge webcomics to be ranked? If not then it might bring in more viewers, ie- more tools, therefore a greater incentive for a higher update rate. I know that the current readers would vote for this comic and easily get it into the top 10 at least. Of course if it is already on these sites then why hasn't Rob posted a vote link on the home page? I am honestly just curious. I would think that it would be a relatively easy way to bring in new readers.

*Edited to correct some grammatical errors
Indeed
thaco4

Re: webcomic ranking

Postby msb » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:26 pm

It's #168 on topwebcomics.
msb

Postby thaco4 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:55 pm

Why isn't there a vote button though?
Indeed
thaco4

Postby Thunder » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:36 pm

perhaps he thinks it not worth the time.
or maybe he just really doesn't want to seem like hes begging for attention like some of the other web-comic sites out there, an issue of pride in that if people really wanted to rate his comic they would go out and do so without him nudging them to do so
I live up in the land of ice and snow, where the hot springs blow, from the city which rhymes with fun.
do you know from whence i hail?
Thunder

Postby drachefly » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:07 am

On thewebcomiclist.com, erfworld doesn't even register as updated. That's more of a problem with them than with Erfworld, though; and you also don't get to vote on that site.
drachefly

Return to Everything Else Erfworld