4th arkentool speculation

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Re: 4th arkentool speculation

Postby moose o death » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:37 am

i have my doubts any tool was aligned to any school. they're all either, destined for a particular user, or attach to anyone with arkentool abilities under special. if wanda's tool was croakmancer artifact. does that mean any croakamamncer could've attuned to it? we don't know yet. but given she had the evenets predicted. either the predictamancer saw very clearly what would happen but chose not to say much about it. or something about wanda indicates she will attune one day.

one major piece of "proof" people like to throw out for the pliers being fr croakamancy is that they "turn uncraoked to dust" but if you re read the passage they "turn MOST uncroaked to dust" simply meaning they are a high level melee weapon and coupled with ansoms bonus's, overkill most uncroaked in one hit. they would probably overkill most anyone in the unaroyal held warchalking too but he wasn't fighting them then was he?

i think it's more likely units have artifact abilities that can only be unlocked if attuned to an arkentool, OR the titans really do have a plan for every erfworlder. if it was a mancy thing how did stanley get one? he's not a caster, he's a piker, the unaroyal troop that picked up the pliers didn't get very far with them. even ansom had no luck with them.
http://moosetech.blogspot.com/ my video game art. in easy to read blog form. swing on by. laugh at my spelling.
moose o death

Postby DevilDan » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:03 am

For my money, it's entirely possible that some of our assumptions regarding the 'tools are premature.

I do wonder, though, if we've seen other uncroaked literally turned to dust in battle—one must admit that it is a circumlocutious manner of stating that it is just a powerful melee weapon.
They could not possibly win. Every man knew this with certainty, and lo it was glorious.
DevilDan

Postby Yosarian » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:14 pm

raphfrk wrote:
Prometheus wrote:I disagree that Stanley would hand it over. He's not particularly thrilled that Wanda attuned to the pliers from what I can tell. He'd probably rather lock up the Arkenshovel (or Arkenwhatever) so that nobody could use it.

Well, he isn't sure about Wanda's loyalty, so that may be part of the problem for him.

Well...I think he thought he was supposed to get all the arkentools himself, as part of his destiny. He probably thought he would attune to all of them.

As Wanda is going to have vast armies loyal to her, and since she's not actually bound to Stanly by any loyalty spells, she could be a big threat. Having someone else who's directly loyal to him with an Arkentool would be in Stanly's best interest; even Wanda with her decrypted armies might have trouble going against two people with arkentools, and sizemore is completly loyal.

Considering he dosn't even know sizemore's name, though, I doubt he'll realize that.
Yosarian

Postby moose o death » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:03 pm

it's entirely plausible she isn't loyal to stanley BECAUSE she's attuned to an arkentool, maybe that's what happened to charlie.

going with the popular assumption stanley did betray saline, this all makes sense...however i still hold the opinion wanda was the true betrayer and that my point here is invalid.
http://moosetech.blogspot.com/ my video game art. in easy to read blog form. swing on by. laugh at my spelling.
moose o death

Postby Hari Seldon » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:09 pm

Arkenwelder - transmute elements (yes it's actually a particle beam that can make stuff radioactive ... the welding from the heat's just a bonus), and this is also basically the Arkenpliers for inanimate objects
Hari Seldon

Postby Beholden » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:17 pm

To those in this thread talking about FAQ only three people know the exact locations of the capital site & surrounding cities. Ansom, Wanda & Jillian. Even with the possibility of a Transilvito backed Jillian who says Wanda doesn't break off and grab the spot... possibly diplomatically separating and acting in concert with the Tool?

Plus when i say multitool i mean a proper basic multitool. Not an uber-tool in every discipline but one that could be used by someone attuned to refine their skills in a magic or giver them the basics to build on. Say the key not to major magics like the dish does to thinkamancy or pliers to croakamancy. I'd think of parson getting an epic weapon (which he now needs) but opens up more of the game to him. I.e. allowing him to multiclass as many casters... he has the perfect people to teach him with one being proficient outside her class yet uninterested while one is very interested but not so proficient.

In essence not a game changing boost to a person other than Parson... but with him it would be an epic item. Like a glove fit for him to attune to. What do you think?
Beholden

Postby Hari Seldon » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:22 pm

To those in this thread talking about FAQ only three people know the exact locations of the capital site & surrounding cities. Ansom, Wanda & Jillian.

And Jack (the Foolamancer for Stanley) he was hinted to have been FAQ's Foolamancer since Jillian recognized him and knew his name during that aerial battle.

I think each of the Tools will eventually have a sort of "What it did in the crafting of Erfworld" background and the Multitool would be hard to explain. In the end I think the Mathamancy Bracer is as close as he's ever going to come to an Arkentool (it gives him like perfect Spock math to give accurate probabilities to everything with not much margin of error if at all so how is it that much weaker than an Arkentool, really (except that it has no attack bonus)?)

Perhaps Parson can just Multi-class on his own. Like Wanda does.
Hari Seldon

Postby moose o death » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:27 pm

it's turning into erfworlds worst kept secret.

jack jillian and wanda are all from faq, potentially the croatan tribe. we know wanda is of the croatan tribe but not that this means native to FAQ

stanley invaded the place under wanda's request

none of this relates to the 4th arkentool.

however elsewhere i predicted jillian will get an arkentool (which i had said would be the fifth one maybe) which would give her the two best bonus's she could ever need turn control and money mancy abilities. both perfect for a barbarian queen. after some thought i figured it would be the monopoly boot gamepiece so she will attune the arkenboots.
moose o death

Postby Hari Seldon » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:29 pm

How about the Arkencar (those Elvis Titans rode in Style!)? As the Titans' transportation it was the Tool that indirectly helped all of the other Tools build Erfworld.

The Arkencar could be that DeLorian from Back to the Future because it gives Turn control ... as for Moneymancy I dunno Arkenwelders would be better to transmute up some gems for Schmuckers. At a stretch the DeLorian would be Fuison-powered (like in the second BTTF movie) which would get you your transmutation/moneymancy.
Hari Seldon

Postby DevilDan » Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:48 pm

Why does Parson need a tool or superweapon? He isn't interested in playing by Erf's rules or in following its customs and conventions.
They could not possibly win. Every man knew this with certainty, and lo it was glorious.
DevilDan

Postby yay » Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:08 am

i don't think arkentools are tied to particular magic disciplines. i think it is connected to different aspects of the game. hammer makes someone a beast at combat. pliers increase magical skill. dish gives increased intelegence gathering. so the fourth one could be something along the lines of unit production(arkenscrewdriver? arkensaw?) or moneymancy (arkenscale? eh...)

yeah, the theory has holes. doesn't explain dwagons or decryptd that well, but it makes more sense than trying to guess what magic the hammer is...
yay

Postby DevilDan » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:59 pm

Heh, maybe the tools allow Erflings to jump to the next version, to Erf 2.0 rules.
DevilDan

Previous

Return to Everything Else Erfworld