Character Ages

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Re: Character Ages

Postby Cmdr I. Heartly Noah » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:18 pm

That's right, as a Count, he's a noble. (Duke Nozzle should be, too.)

You can tell for sure he's noble, because he confronts Ansom about caring that Stanley isn't Royal, then Ansom plays it down, saying it's because he's not Noble (which would place Vinny inside the 'circle' with Ansom, rather than outside with Stanley). This just after Parson prods Ansom into his "morally fit" rant
I am a: Chaotic Neutral Human Bard/Sorcerer (2nd/1st Level)
Str- 12, Dex- 15, Con- 12, Int- 14, Wis- 11, Cha- 13
Cmdr I. Heartly Noah

Postby DevilDan » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:13 pm

Just for reference, as of Summer Update 17 we know that Vinny is probably well over 200 turns in age.
They could not possibly win. Every man knew this with certainty, and lo it was glorious.
DevilDan

Postby opal » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:58 pm

Alas, I cannot find patterns in one number. How long is 200 turns? Vinny's internal dialog makes it sound like a long time, but we don't have anything to compare it with.
opal

Postby SteveMB » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:52 pm

Cmdr I. Heartly Noah wrote:That's right, as a Count, he's a noble. (Duke Nozzle should be, too.)

You can tell for sure he's noble, because he confronts Ansom about caring that Stanley isn't Royal, then Ansom plays it down, saying it's because he's not Noble (which would place Vinny inside the 'circle' with Ansom, rather than outside with Stanley). This just after Parson prods Ansom into his "morally fit" rant

Actually, the main conversation between Vinny and Ansom was long before Parson's taunting Thinkagram. Vinny briefly confronted Ansom after his public rant, but that didn't touch on fine distinctions between Royal and Noble.

opal wrote:Alas, I cannot find patterns in one number. How long is 200 turns? Vinny's internal dialog makes it sound like a long time, but we don't have anything to compare it with.

Toward the end of the battle, Parson says "I've been playing with this combat system for a week now." That implies that he perceives each turn as taking a day.
Is this a real holy war, or just a bunch of deluded boopholes croaking each other?
SteveMB
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby opal » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:02 pm

Apparently "Experienced commanders can command stacks with few or no words. When you understand your command, the unit will."

So Caesar commanded his stack with "go", while Jillian gives more complex commands. Anyone else thinks this means Caesar is older than Jillian?
opal

Postby DevilDan » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:36 am

opal wrote:Apparently "Experienced commanders can command stacks with few or no words. When you understand your command, the unit will."

So Caesar commanded his stack with "go", while Jillian gives more complex commands. Anyone else thinks this means Caesar is older than Jillian?

It might have more to do with the complexity of the strategy/tactic intended and the intelligence of the units commanded. Jill wanted something very specific from units that have probably the intelligence of a very smart dog or horse.
They could not possibly win. Every man knew this with certainty, and lo it was glorious.
DevilDan

Postby taltamir » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:59 pm

Maldeus wrote:I don't think any single unit in Erfworld can be expected to last very long. Vinny also doesn't strike me as being extremely old or even much of a mentor figure. He's clearly not the top dog in Transylvito, which implies other warlords have more experience or competence, specifically Caesar, the Chief Warlord, who doesn't seem particularly wise or aged.

we saw clearly that not the most "fitting" candidate is chosen to be the leader. And vinnie has enough clout to talk down Caesar.

DevilDan wrote:
opal wrote:Apparently "Experienced commanders can command stacks with few or no words. When you understand your command, the unit will."

It might have more to do with the complexity of the strategy/tactic intended and the intelligence of the units commanded. Jill wanted something very specific from units that have probably the intelligence of a very smart dog or horse.

Or might have something to do with natural thinkamancy, as she is a warrior commanding griffins, he is a vampire commanding bats (telepathy?)
taltamir

Previous

Return to Everything Else Erfworld