Guess I'm the new colorist

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Guess I'm the new colorist

Postby morikahn » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:34 pm

Due to communication mishap, I found out I was the new colorist .. today :)

Uh, hi.

Here is my deviantArt site with examples of my coloring work on a couple comics I've done with a good friend of mine.

My deviant art page

I also painted the red dwagon motivational poster that is posted on the fan art forum.
morikahn

Re: Guess I'm the new colorist

Postby cloudbreaker » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:18 am

When I found out, I was surprised and excited to hear you would be the new colorist. I knew from talking to you in the Erf chatroom that you have the skills necessary to do Erfworld justice, and are also a fan of the comic. Glad you joined the team, morikahn. I can't wait to see some of the new Erf artworks that you assist with.
Bored? Read The Adventured of Melissa Ray. An Erfworld fanfic. comment here

Or A Tale From Traz. (Now complete!). comment here.
cloudbreaker

Postby mortissimus » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:07 am

I have a feeling it will be awesome.
mortissimus

Postby Kaed » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:57 pm

Hey, nice to meet you!
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:47 pm

Best of luck! Seen the devart page, you definitely should have gone pro a longer time ago!
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Housellama » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:52 pm

morikahn wrote:Due to communication mishap, I found out I was the new colorist .. today :)

Uh, hi.

Here is my deviantArt site with examples of my coloring work on a couple comics I've done with a good friend of mine.

My deviant art page

I also painted the red dwagon motivational poster that is posted on the fan art forum.

Welcome to the crew! You gain automatic cool points in my book simply for the Sword of the Stars reference in your name (assuming that's where it came from).

I've trusted Rob's judgement from the beginning and I'm certain that he didn't start going wrong now. I look forward to seeing the wonders that you and Xin bring us together with the third member of the team.
"All warfare is based on deception" - Sun Tzu, Chapter 1, Line 18, The Art of War

"The principle of strategy is to know ten thousand things by having one thing." - Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Earth, Go Rin No Sho
Housellama
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby morikahn » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:52 pm

Never heard of Sword of Stars. I've used Morikahn for about.. 16 years now.

My real name is Forest.

When I took Japanese at a community college class, the teacher had a hell of a time pronouncing my name: 'Fo-re-su-to' - san. To make her life easier, I found the Kanji for trees..

http://216.92.160.187/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/kanji-forest-mori.png

And went by Mori-san. She liked that I guess. Then, as loathe as I am to admit it.., while playing a game of Command and Conquer, I decided to try to sound all cool, and added Khan to the end of my name, like Genghis Khan. Unfortunately, I misspelled it as 'kahn'. I didn't realize I had misspelled it for years... and by then, it was too late.

So that is the long and silly explanation behind my name.
Last edited by morikahn on Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
morikahn

Postby morikahn » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:53 pm

Oh, I guess Sword of Stars is a 4x game. Well.. I really like Sid Meir's Alpha Centauri. Does that score me cool points?
morikahn

Postby Housellama » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:07 pm

morikahn wrote:Oh, I guess Sword of Stars is a 4x game. Well.. I really like Sid Meir's Alpha Centauri. Does that score me cool points?

It does indeed! SM-AC is I think one of the best of the classic Civs out there, and another personal favorite of mine.

The SotS reference: One of the factions calls their leader Mori-khan. Interesting synchronicity.
"All warfare is based on deception" - Sun Tzu, Chapter 1, Line 18, The Art of War

"The principle of strategy is to know ten thousand things by having one thing." - Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Earth, Go Rin No Sho
Housellama
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Kaed » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:24 pm

This place needs a good pasteurizing. If only you could get rid of bots that easily.

Uh... also welcome, new artist. Yeah, looking forward to seeing your work :)
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Return to Everything Else Erfworld