Royal Rebels- by nature?

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Royal Rebels- by nature?

Postby Wisp Wings » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:33 am

I have a speculation: all female royals are rebelious and cast off their rolls as leaders- as a game mechanic.

It may be a bit early to say, with only Jillian and a breaf reference to the deceased princess. What does everyone else think?
Avatar is an one of Charlie's Archrons from the Erfworld Webcomic. May the Titans bless thee and Croak thy enemys.
Wisp Wings

Re: Royal Rebels- by nature?

Postby Lemarc » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:09 am

Well, you're speculating based on one single character we've seen, and a brief mention of a second character who didn't get on with her father, with no mention of her attitude towards royalty. So there's no evidence of it. It would be a very odd, seemingly completely pointless game mechanic. And you'd expect female royal barbarians to be common in that case, which they apparently aren't.
Lemarc

Postby moose o death » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:46 am

i think it's more likely at heir stage they behave like a bunch of spoilt teenagers. ansom bahaves like a football jock, jillian just rebels against everything for no real reason, and she doesn't like being controlled either, the two tv heirs sound like they were a pair of hormonal nutcases as well.

all in all modelled on some royals we here in the commonwealth hear about quite a bit....
http://moosetech.blogspot.com/ my video game art. in easy to read blog form. swing on by. laugh at my spelling.
moose o death

Postby Wisp Wings » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:33 am

Lemarc wrote:Well, you're speculating based on one single character we've seen, and a brief mention of a second character who didn't get on with her father, with no mention of her attitude towards royalty. So there's no evidence of it. It would be a very odd, seemingly completely pointless game mechanic. And you'd expect female royal barbarians to be common in that case, which they apparently aren't.

I was not referring specificly to barbarians, I was refering to all royals in general.

moose o death wrote:i think it's more likely at heir stage they behave like a bunch of spoilt teenagers. ansom bahaves like a football jock, jillian just rebels against everything for no real reason, and she doesn't like being controlled either, the two tv heirs sound like they were a pair of hormonal nutcases as well.

all in all modelled on some royals we here in the commonwealth hear about quite a bit....

Now that is probably what is happening. So if a non-overlord royal represents a teen, then the overlord would represent their parents. What about non-royal overlords? Bad kids from across town?
Avatar is an one of Charlie's Archrons from the Erfworld Webcomic. May the Titans bless thee and Croak thy enemys.
Wisp Wings

Postby Lemarc » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:25 pm

Wisp Wings wrote:
Lemarc wrote:Well, you're speculating based on one single character we've seen, and a brief mention of a second character who didn't get on with her father, with no mention of her attitude towards royalty. So there's no evidence of it. It would be a very odd, seemingly completely pointless game mechanic. And you'd expect female royal barbarians to be common in that case, which they apparently aren't.

I was not referring specificly to barbarians, I was refering to all royals in general.

I'm aware. If you were referring specifically to barbarians, my statement would make no sense. If female royals are naturally rebellious and cast off their roles as leaders, then you would expect many of them - like Jillian - to become barbarians.
Anyway, that's just an aside. We don't have any evidence to support the idea at all - we only have one female royal's personality to look at. We don't have any idea if this unnamed Transylvitan princess disliked her royal position, all we know is that she didn't get on with her father. Even if we assume that she did, that's still just two people, it doesn't mean their entire sex and class shares the same characteristics. Nothing in Ansom's or Don King's interactions with Jillian suggests that her dislike of royalty is an inherent or natural part of her, quite the reverse in fact. And even in the context of a fictional universe, where speculation isn't so reliant on evidence, I can't see any reason why such a game mechanic would exist.
Lemarc

Postby random_guy » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:57 pm

For all we know, Don King's daughter might be unable to get along with him because she flaunts her royalty too much. It's possible she mistreated the warlords and treated them as inferior. Don King said the warlords respected Caesar the way they never respected the pricess, so there may have been a reason they didn't like her.
random_guy
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby DevilDan » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:26 am

As I've mentioned before, it was a very lucky thing for Faq that Jill and Banhammer weren't simpatico. It's almost as if she was the best possible heir that could have been popped...
They could not possibly win. Every man knew this with certainty, and lo it was glorious.
DevilDan

Postby moose o death » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:58 am

yep, i think the cities/erfworld has alot of say in these things. banhammer wants a poet as an heir and gets a hotheaded lunatic. faq falls, hotheaded lunatic reclaims it and rebuilds, makes gains to become a strong nation again pops an heir. the city wants a diplomat this time the new heir offs their lord, establishes new trade and diplonatic relations. so on so forth until someone remakes the world .
http://moosetech.blogspot.com/ my video game art. in easy to read blog form. swing on by. laugh at my spelling.
moose o death

Return to Everything Else Erfworld