Varied Questions

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Varied Questions

Postby OneHugeTuck » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:26 am

1. How big is Erfworld? Earth sized and full of lands and kingdoms, or map sized, with a few more kingdoms than shown in the story so far?

2. Twolls are listed as heavies, like dwagons. It appears that twolls are -much- smaller. IF heavies are generally not able to move through tunnels, can twolls, since they appear to be the smallest heavies?

And, a twoll is as powerful as a dwagon?? Bogroll could stand toe to tail with the blue?

3. Seas are an underlined topic in the wiki, but rivers and lakes the only known bodies of water. If aquavelva has a port, wouldn't that imply a sea, as rivers and lakes don't have ports?

4. What would the set up be if there was a castle right where the ocean meets the land, like maybe on a cliff. Any different than a castle on a lake? Good for defense from land units from that side...

5. Are all units of the same size essentially powered the same? Heavies all as strong as each other? Marbits as strong as elves? Knights as strong as another kingdom's knights?
OneHugeTuck
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Re: Varied Questions

Postby moose o death » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:47 am

1, no idea
2, no idea
3, probably
4, an inordinately high number of units appear to fly happily so putting it higher doesn't appear to count for much
5, no, i wont even draw from speculation. if that were the case there would be no need for capturing other cities to gain access to their unit types.

these questions are too early to ask. the only people who know wont say anything as it takes away from the eventual story
http://moosetech.blogspot.com/ my video game art. in easy to read blog form. swing on by. laugh at my spelling.
moose o death

Re: Varied Questions

Postby DevilDan » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:52 am

1. We don't know the shape of Erf, much less its size.
2. I'd bet good money that twolls can go into tunnels, much like most humanoid units probably can; I mean, if mounts like spidews and sourmanders can go into tunnels.
- I doubt a twoll is nearly as powerful as even a weak dwagon.
3. Ports can lie on lakes and on rivers. I see no reason, however, why there couldn't be seas on Erf. Though we don't know much of Erf's topology, a sea is just a lake that doesn't have any outflowing rivers.
4. All water probably has the same effects as far as defenses go. I'm sure that there must be a way to mount an assault by sea, making a moat or a lave lake a safer situation than being surrounded by a river or lake that might allow the practical execution of an attack using larger watercraft.
5. We know that not all dwagons are created equal: not only do they seem to have different attacks, but we know that some are "stronger" or "weaker" than others of their same kind. Ansom clearly sayss: "These may be weaker dwagon types, but they are strong examples."
http://www.erfworld.com/book-1-archive/?px=%2F058.jpg
They could not possibly win. Every man knew this with certainty, and lo it was glorious.
DevilDan

Return to Everything Else Erfworld