Dollamancy Vs. Stuffamancy

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Dollamancy Vs. Stuffamancy

Postby opal » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:35 pm

I think Stuffamancers can conjure things, while Dollamancers build things. So Sizemore creates and destroys matter itself. While a Dollamancer 'creates' in an earthly way; by taking stuff putting it through a process (Motion!) until a desired shape is reached.

i.e Dollamancers must obey the scientific law that matter cannot be created or destroyed. I theorize Stuffamancers are not bound by this law.
opal

Re: Dollamancy Vs. Stuffamancy

Postby DevilDan » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:02 pm

Sizemore takes existing matter, as far as we know, to create his golems.
They could not possibly win. Every man knew this with certainty, and lo it was glorious.
DevilDan

Postby opal » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:07 pm

However, I don't think Sizemore used exsisting matter when rebuilding Gobwin Knob. Do you think he would need exsisting matter to add upgrades to Gobwin Knob?
opal

Postby moose o death » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:54 pm

given the upgrade costs are subsidised by his abilities i would imagine the natural limiting factor is the city cannot exceed his level abilities. either he's level 5 or whatever level of mancer he is limited the city to level five.

either way i doubt he will be upgrading the city from where it is unless it gets broken again
http://moosetech.blogspot.com/ my video game art. in easy to read blog form. swing on by. laugh at my spelling.
moose o death

Postby DevilDan » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:41 am

Sizemore—and Maggie, it seems—only guided GK's reconstruction, right? The actual reconstruction involved an application of moneymancy, if memory serves.
They could not possibly win. Every man knew this with certainty, and lo it was glorious.
DevilDan

Postby MarchHatter » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:58 pm

DevilDan wrote:Sizemore—and Maggie, it seems—only guided GK's reconstruction, right? The actual reconstruction involved an application of moneymancy, if memory serves.

I have a question when it comes to the level of the city which sizemore is able to build whether it would be his level restricted and whether being connected to maggie could alter that if she was higher level.

Also I do not remember Goblin Knob having a moneymancer but Sizemore got a ton of gems out of the volcano uncroaking and I believe he would have been able to use them to refil the metaphorical bank of goblin knob and there fore pay for the process and making of Goblin Knob 2.0 but also I think i remember it being said that they were now in debt because of making the new city.
Today's signature was brought to you by: Erfworld, SteveMB and the Letter Q
MarchHatter

Postby DevilDan » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:12 pm

A dirtamancer isn't needed to build a city, just money. What limits your city's level is how much money you want to spend and, presumably, the terrain.

Anyone can turn gems into money, pretty much: http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/Gem
DevilDan

Return to Everything Else Erfworld