Natural Allies

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Natural Allies

Postby Arkaim » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:44 pm

Certainly, we don't know everything there is to know about Natural Allies. A couple of questions I have thought of is whether or not the Ruler of the side Natural Allies are allied with can disband those Natural Allies. Do Natural Allies themselves have an Overlord? They almost certainly have warlords, otherwise, the Gobwins were dooming themselves to neutrality when the took over Gobwin Knob. Besides, someone has to make the decision of Breaking Alliance.

Now, the issue of becoming a Neutral is particularly interesting. In Parson's 12th Klog, Parson mentions that when a side's Ruler croaks without an heir, their field units disband and all units within cities can no longer take initiative. What is interesting is that Natural Allies are not the Ruler's units. They are simply allied. So would Natural Allies still be able to take the initiative? Would they keep their field units? Or would they be stuck in the same situation as long as they are still allied? The most likely two resolutions to this Neutral conundrum is that either they lose initiative as long as they stay allied or it is not possible to be allied to Neutrals and their alliance automatically breaks. Anyways, these are my thoughts.
Arkaim
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!

Re: Natural Allies

Postby OneHugeTuck » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:16 pm

And, if the Gobwins all got croaked in the Volcano, do they pop as a function of geography, or have to be paid for by a ruler to start popping, or?

Is it No-Gobwin Knob now?
OneHugeTuck
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby the_tick_rules » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:51 pm

From what I read the natural allies could continue the battle, if they wanted. But I get the feeling without rulers, capitals and such they are somewhat open to new alliances once one no longer suits them. I kinda think of them as more territorial units, loyal to whoever controls their land.
I would be a procrastinator, but I keep putting it off.
the_tick_rules

Postby yay » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:52 am

i think (no basis for this, just thinking out loud) that it's more nomadic than that. they aren't tied down to cities for production, and can pop in the wild. but they ally with sides for protection, or some sort of serfdom. if they don't like the sides near them they can move elsewhere (theres alot of empty space as we learned from the jillian updates) or fight. and i'd figure they would have some time of overlord or chief warlord, the latter more likely.
yay

Return to Everything Else Erfworld