is "magic kingdom" a "side"

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

is "magic kingdom" a "side"

Postby taltamir » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:21 pm

is the "magic kingdom" a "side" in erfworld? they have territory, they have units... and they are NOT frozen in time... i would venture a guess that they are then...
but they are certainly a unique one... as i don't think they have kings or warlords... so what gives?
taltamir

Re: is "magic kingdom" a "side"

Postby moose o death » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:56 pm

they are like wanda, not loyal to a faction but to a school of magic. wanda is fate alligned. thus she is not bound by faqs fall or by stanley's. sizemore however is bound to the plaid tribe.

maybe casters can choose to break loyalty if their side is truly doomed, and parson never got them there. but they are apparantly too expensive to waste on combat. and there appears to be little control over what you get popped. high costs would be the only way to justify toleration of random pops if they were the case. too expensive to try again. as useful as sizemore is to GK, wanda's abilities wouldn't have been too crash hot for FAQ, a city full o philosophers doesn't really need an undead army.
http://moosetech.blogspot.com/ my video game art. in easy to read blog form. swing on by. laugh at my spelling.
moose o death

Postby Welf von Ehrwald » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:19 pm

Some time ago I had a crazy idea: the magic kingdom is a side that got destroyed. The king got croaked, but the enemy was defeated. before the last unfriendly unit was croaked, a turnamancer /tim magic), a hatamancer (teleporter) and a thinkamancer formed a link and a) teleported the complete hex far away and b) made the last turn indefinite. And because that the turn never ends the units never go neutral. And because they are technically still in battle modus, they can do magic.

Of course that's a stupid theory. Magic kingdom was probably a design feature made by the titans, a place where casters can discover their magic school and the different sides can buy magic items.
I love uncroaked Dora. I love an anonymous friend even more.

Only one man has understood me, and even he has not!
Welf von Ehrwald

Postby cloudbreaker » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:52 pm

Could it be possible that the magic kingdom is actually a kingdom? Like with a king and everything? We know that non-casters aren't supposed to be able to use the portals, but I don't see why a king couldn't live there as long as he doesn't use the portals.

Note: I agree that the magic kingdom seems like a place that isn't under anyone's rulership, but I just wanted to know if I missed a detail somewhere that refuted this possibility.
Bored? Read The Adventured of Melissa Ray. An Erfworld fanfic. comment here

Or A Tale From Traz. (Now complete!). comment here.
cloudbreaker

Postby PhoenixTalion » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:33 pm

Is there any reason Royalty couldn't be a caster? Maybe they have some kind of Wizard King.
PhoenixTalion

Postby DevilDan » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:56 am

Whatever the Magic Kingdom is, I suspect that it will be a unique case; probably a lot of the rules are different for casters there, at least as far as casting "out of turn" and maybe even casting at night.
They could not possibly win. Every man knew this with certainty, and lo it was glorious.
DevilDan

Postby the_tick_rules » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:39 pm

they are a side in some sense but since they are not involved in the war directly I don't think their turn is done in order lke the rcc and gobwin knob did. But they have to have some kinda turn. Remember erfworld's subjective time. With so many sides taking so many turns and all.
I would be a procrastinator, but I keep putting it off.
the_tick_rules

Postby DevilDan » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:38 pm

The Magic Kingdom is probably off the maps, blocked to eyemancy scrying, and otherwise protected from a conventional invasion. Probably there's not way to even find the place, making the portals the only way in or out of the place.
They could not possibly win. Every man knew this with certainty, and lo it was glorious.
DevilDan

Postby taltamir » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:43 pm

DevilDan wrote:Whatever the Magic Kingdom is, I suspect that it will be a unique case; probably a lot of the rules are different for casters there, at least as far as casting "out of turn" and maybe even casting at night.

consider, charlie is unique, parson is unique, wanda + pliers is unique, and stanly is unique... there is plenty of unique things in erfworlds
taltamir

Postby Galahad » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:21 am

Whatever magic kingdomis, i bet it will play a key role in the future as Parson starts to understand/hack the system of Elf-world. I would even be willing to put money on it 8-)
Galahad

Postby Yosarian » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:12 pm

moose o death wrote:they are like wanda, not loyal to a faction but to a school of magic. wanda is fate alligned. thus she is not bound by faqs fall or by stanley's.

I really don't think that's true. After all, Stanley did threaten to disband her, and earlier, he said it was "impossible" for her to disobey his orders.

She wasn't affected by the fall of FAQ because she had already changed loyalty to a different side before it happened. We know that in certain situations a unit can betray their side and switch their loyalty to an enemy. However, before she switched, she was part of FAQ's side, and was bound by them; after, she is now part of Stanly's side, and is bound by him. She could betray him in the future, but so could anyone, unless they're bound with a loyalty spell (or, I guess, unless the "natural thinkamancy" is too strong for them?); until she does, though, she is clearly a part of his side.
Yosarian

Return to Everything Else Erfworld