what happens to parson when he levels? also level infinity

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

what happens to parson when he levels? also level infinity

Postby taltamir » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:27 pm

What happens to parson when he levels? he already seems to be level 2... Does he get smarter? does he get to CHOOSE new abilities?
does he need to figure out a way to apply new abilities for the level he already earned?

Also, the grand abbie told sizemore he can never be level infinity, but he can strive towards it... Does that mean there is no level cap? are there some super leveled units out there who can decimate armies by themselves?
taltamir

Re: what happens to parson when he levels? also level infinity

Postby OneHugeTuck » Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:34 pm

taltamir wrote:What happens to parson when he levels? he already seems to be level 2... Does he get smarter? does he get to CHOOSE new abilities?
does he need to figure out a way to apply new abilities for the level he already earned?

Also, the grand abbie told sizemore he can never be level infinity, but he can strive towards it... Does that mean there is no level cap? are there some super leveled units out there who can decimate armies by themselves?

1. Why do you say he seems to be level 2?

2. SInce infinity is not a specific number, one could never be that. I don't know that there are any answers yet to level caps.

Super level units would be fun to watch.
OneHugeTuck
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby moose o death » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:46 pm

yeah i concur when does it say he's level 2 ? it's likely he can't level at all as it's not a feature of earthworlders. and his abilities seem to be stripped from the nearest potential match. ie no move as earth doesn't have hexes, no levels as earth doesn't award xp.
http://moosetech.blogspot.com/ my video game art. in easy to read blog form. swing on by. laugh at my spelling.
moose o death

Postby cloudbreaker » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:53 am

I got this from the Word of the Titans page in the wiki.
Higher levels cost more, on a kind of exponential scale that may vary by a large number of factors including the type of unit leveling, the type and number and levels of units croaked, and other activities involving the leveling unit's special abilities that may not even constitute combat. But the main thing is that you should imagine something like a logarithmic curve (not saying it literally is logarithmic), whereby low levels are achievable with a little combat, but levels above 10 or 11 become extremely difficult to obtain, and something like a level 20 unit is completely unheard of. Also notable is that not all of the numbers are available to the units and commanders to calculate, and so the existence of a predicable system of leveling at all is in the realm of the theoretical Mathamancers. Units cannot actually predict when they are going to level (Jillian is being flippant when she tells the Archons, "Cmon, it'll be fun. You'll level." but it would be a reasonable bet they might if they took out a stack of dwagons.)
So there is technically no maximum level for erfworlders, just like there is technically no maximum age for earthworlders (I'm not suggesting that the two have a correlation).

Also, it states here that Parson is level two. But a lot has happened since that klog was written, so it is possible that Parson has leveled up since then.
Bored? Read The Adventured of Melissa Ray. An Erfworld fanfic. comment here

Or A Tale From Traz. (Now complete!). comment here.
cloudbreaker

Postby moose o death » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:37 am

then based on that it appears casters do not have combat levels, they are simply listed as working or broken

same for golems.
http://moosetech.blogspot.com/ my video game art. in easy to read blog form. swing on by. laugh at my spelling.
moose o death

Postby taltamir » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:42 pm

I base him being level two on this comic:
http://www.erfworld.com/book-1-archive/?px=%2F077a.jpg

Note the bottom...

However this was far before the combat of GK, also before he killed that thing with his sword. So I guess there is no correlation, he must have either popped at level 2. Or he leveled from leading the dwagons to croak all those siege. wait... was that before or after this page?
taltamir

Postby OneHugeTuck » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:38 pm

Makes me wonder if when a level 9 Warlord becomes chief Warlord, does he become a level 0 or 1 Chief Warlord, or a level 9 Chief Warlord.
OneHugeTuck
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby PhoenixTalion » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:39 pm

The latter, IMHO.
|Icons|Art|Fanfic|

"The truth of a proposition has nothing to do with its credibility. And vice versa."
~Robert Heinlein
PhoenixTalion

Postby DevilDan » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:54 am

moose o death wrote:then based on that it appears casters do not have combat levels, they are simply listed as working or broken

same for golems.

Stupidmeal information is notoriously incomplete and seems to be chosen almost capriciously. (Or maybe it's what the spell thinks is most important or salient.)
They could not possibly win. Every man knew this with certainty, and lo it was glorious.
DevilDan

Postby the_tick_rules » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:57 pm

His stats increase. But since his stats are unclear it's unsure what that would mean. There are infinite levels, but with the vastly increased xp requirements very few go beyond certain level ranges, like d&d.
I would be a procrastinator, but I keep putting it off.
the_tick_rules

Postby OneHugeTuck » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:13 pm

taltamir wrote:However this was far before the combat of GK, also before he killed that thing with his sword. So I guess there is no correlation, he must have either popped at level 2. Or he leveled from leading the dwagons to croak all those siege. wait... was that before or after this page?

Me thinks that if parson levels, he would have -had- to level a time or three, what with wiping out an entire coalition of enemy and as many separate 'wins' that would count for. And if it goes by XP, maybe bonuses for achieving TPK, coming up with a new trimancer link ability of uncroaking a volcano. And, uhmmm, he did kill that weiner ram in hand to hand combat:)
OneHugeTuck
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Return to Everything Else Erfworld