Average life expectancy

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Average life expectancy

Postby valce » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:01 pm

What do you think the average life expectancy of an Erfworlder is? Wonder if they ever die of old age... [Or just combat related deaths :P]

I'd imagine that it is higher for rulers and commanders than for soldiers... And, come to think of it, probably somewhat dependent on what kind of unit you are.

-V
valce

Re: Average life expectancy

Postby Flagg » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:34 am

i imagine that they have SOME sort of maximum life expectancy. Transilvito's Capitol is very well defended, and Don King doesn't seem to be the kind of king who'd go "lead the troops", yet having a high quality Heir Designate was important to him. also, no units are popped as old people, and yet Jack Snipe, Don King, King Salive IV and King Slately are all old.

nonetheless, it is a good question, and raises others. what IS that life expectancy? are there any buffs/debuffs resulting from age? can a unit that dies of old age be uncroaked? has anyone ever died of old age? are the effects of aging purged by the daily cleansing?

we shall see.
Flagg

Postby SteveMB » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:46 am

Flagg wrote:i imagine that they have SOME sort of maximum life expectancy. Transilvito's Capitol is very well defended, and Don King doesn't seem to be the kind of king who'd go "lead the troops", yet having a high quality Heir Designate was important to him. also, no units are popped as old people, and yet Jack Snipe, Don King, King Salive IV and King Slately are all old.

It's possible that some units are popped with an"aged" appearance. Also, I don't think Jack Snipe looks particularly old except in his bearing (which could be the result of stress -- he was linked for a long time and deranged by the link-snap for most of the time we've seen him, after all), and all we have for King Slately is a third-party description (which also seems to refer to his personality rather than his physical appearance).
Is this a real holy war, or just a bunch of deluded boopholes croaking each other?
SteveMB
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby DevilDan » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:51 am

At this point we have virtually no solid clues about the natural lifespan of Erfworlders. Average lifespan would obviously depend on what sort of units they are and on which side they are.
They could not possibly win. Every man knew this with certainty, and lo it was glorious.
DevilDan

Return to Everything Else Erfworld