Archons - still somewhat under Charlie's control?

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Archons - still somewhat under Charlie's control?

Postby valce » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:57 pm

Was reading the current update and it occured to me that there's no guarantee that the Archons (which may be Arkendish-specific units) may still have tie back to Charlie.

Maybe he's still got control of them, or maybe he can still see through the archons' eyes or something (some innate magic bound to the Arkendish rather than to the unit's owner), but that'd be interesting. Would help explain Charlie's calmness, and make for some interesting scenarios later.

What do you think?

-V
valce

Re: Archons - still somewhat under Charlie's control?

Postby DevilDan » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:41 pm

I think that it's more or less safe to assume that Archons no longer answer to Charlie. If they were indeed strongly tied to the 'dish, then either Sizemore or Wanda or Parson would be wary of using them or trusting them too far.

We've now seen several TV units that are similar in some respects to archons: i.e., flying humanoid units, which leads me to suspect that archons might not be as unique as we might have first suspected, natural magical powers aside.
They could not possibly win. Every man knew this with certainty, and lo it was glorious.
DevilDan

Postby moose o death » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:26 pm

yeah i'm pretty sure the forces rallied against GK were mostly greenhorns using numbers to win, the high level units of erfworld stayed in their capitals to protect them. the best fights are yet to come.

i'm sure charlie has better units, the archons are now alligned to gk so trading info back to charlie would instantly disband them it appears

but one of them filmed something for someone. we'll find out who sometime. i don't think it's wanda why would sh care if parson throws a dwagon over the walls
http://moosetech.blogspot.com/ my video game art. in easy to read blog form. swing on by. laugh at my spelling.
moose o death

Postby DevilDan » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:49 pm

moose o death wrote:i'm sure charlie has better units, the archons are now alligned to gk so trading info back to charlie would instantly disband them it appears

Betrayal doesn't cause disbanding as far as I know: it's the failure to follow direct instructions that does so. (I'm sure there are other circumstances, such as a direct "order" to disband and such as disbanding in the field if an overlord dies without an heir.)
They could not possibly win. Every man knew this with certainty, and lo it was glorious.
DevilDan

Postby carisbourg » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:48 am

moose o death wrote:but one of them filmed something for someone. we'll find out who sometime. i don't think it's wanda why would sh care if parson throws a dwagon over the walls

I don't know if this has been brought up, but what if the "filming" was her casting a "featherfall" spell? Slowing the film in the projector so-to-speak; maybe a form of Turnomancy since it's Spookism which is Motion.

edit: fix quote
carisbourg

Return to Everything Else Erfworld