Gobwins?

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Gobwins?

Postby yay » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:12 am

assumedly all the Gobwins died in the uncroaking of the volcano, the only "survivors" are the ones Wanda decrypted. so, are they still natural allies? are they extinct? is the next book titled "the Battle for Knob"
yay

Re: Gobwins?

Postby moose o death » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:05 am

the next book is called love is a battlefield.

i'm sure there are other gobwin tribes out there, the natural allied gobwins wont be extinct as they likely are popped by the GK hex as indiginous units. there is no breeding new units so a species can survive without any survivors in erfworld. the next day a new one would pop regardless of other influences.
http://moosetech.blogspot.com/ my video game art. in easy to read blog form. swing on by. laugh at my spelling.
moose o death

Postby Welf von Ehrwald » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:17 am

The gobwins as natural allies still exists; there is exactly one hobgobwin, Vurp, who survived. But we don't know of "they" can pop more gobwins, if they don't have any gobwins left. The decrypted are part of Gobwin Knob, just as uncroaked would be.
I love uncroaked Dora. I love an anonymous friend even more.

Only one man has understood me, and even he has not!
Welf von Ehrwald

Postby DevilDan » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:26 am

Well, we know that they can certainly pop twolls.
They could not possibly win. Every man knew this with certainty, and lo it was glorious.
DevilDan

Postby Wyvern » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:53 am

I kind of doubt that the entire Gobwin species was at Gobwin Knob at the time of the battle. There's probably still some sort of Gobwin headquarters out there somewhere (maybe just metaphorically; I don't really know how non-kingdom sides like Gobwins and Marbits work).

Whether the Gobwins are still willing to remain GK's allies after that catastrophe is another question. Though given its current position of power, I guess it seems more likely than not that they would. Actually, I'm not sure if it would have been possible for them to break alliance without Vurp going hostile...
Wyvern

Postby DevilDan » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:16 pm

We don't even know the exact like, if any, between gobwins and hobgobwins.
They could not possibly win. Every man knew this with certainty, and lo it was glorious.
DevilDan

Return to Everything Else Erfworld