The Get-Erfworld-A-UK-Con-Appearance Thread (Seriously)

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

The Get-Erfworld-A-UK-Con-Appearance Thread (Seriously)

Postby Eiphel » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:04 am

I added the '(Seriously)' to emphasise that this isn't just some pipe dream I suddenly had. Rob was chatting in the IRC channel, and I made an offhand comment about wondering if there were enough UK fans for a meetup. Rob said he'd love to come and do a UK con, but he'd need his expenses paid until Erfworld is big-time, and mentioned that if we ever did get a big group of UK fans together, we might be able to organise sponsoring an appearance at some con. (My vote would be for Thought Bubble, which is a big (they had half of Marvel last year) comics convention that is in Leeds, a fairly central location (and the rail network hub). They have international guests and I believe they cover expenses.) So, there it is. Rob would love to do a UK con if the expenses could be covered, and if we can get enough people together, we might be able to arrange it with somewhere. I'm gonna post this over on the GitP forums, too.
Eiphel
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Re: The Get-Erfworld-A-UK-Con-Appearance Thread (Seriously)

Postby moose o death » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:08 pm

good luck with that. maybe we should do a poll for where the regular forumers are. unfortunately even if rob could make it to aus, there is 7 state capitals and one federal capital and there is no such thing as a central location in australia. we have as much land as the usa, and about 7% of the population. so if rob could amke it here most of us wouldn't be able to go see him anyway.

it's also hard to work out the timing to come here. it would take nearly 48 hours to get here but takes -5 to go back, you'll spend 17 hours to get to the usa to arrive 5 hours before you left.
http://moosetech.blogspot.com/ my video game art. in easy to read blog form. swing on by. laugh at my spelling.
moose o death

Postby KiltedNinja » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:02 am

I would totally love it if the Erfworld troops came to the UK.. Only problem I have, is that my job isn't permanent and pays absoloute crap - I don't know how much I'd be able to contribute towards costs. If we could get more UK folks in here, perhaps discuss how much we'd need etc, I'd have a better idea of what I could do to help. Totally up for it.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
...I'm still holding out for the Arkenoid...
---------------------------------------------------------------------
KiltedNinja
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby doran » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:56 pm

!!!

Excellent news, yes I'd sponsor Rob to come to Thought Bubble, especially after hearing the news on reveals at Capclave.

Quick question, though, where is your giantitp thread on ErfCon UK? I can't see it.
MarbitChow wrote: Don't you get it yet? WE ARE THE MAGIC KINGDOM.
We're the people sitting around discussing our pet theories based on nomenclature, citing references, discussing ad nauseum while Parson finds out how it works.
doran
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Return to Everything Else Erfworld