Jillian vs Stanley.

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Jillian vs Stanley.

Postby jabbersocky » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:04 pm

I’ve been wondering despite all of Jillian’s fury and desperation to croak Stanley could she pull it off?

Consider the fact that Stanley could be considered the perfect field warlord. His atunement to the Arkenhammer grants him combat abilities FAR above what a normal warlord is capable of. He shoots lighting, flies, rocks out and must be a quite high level on top of that after winning so many battles. All that adds up to a quite formidable opponent. And let’s not forget he did scatter Caesar and a stack of Doombats each as powerful as a heavy unit.
Whereas Jillian despite all her zeal is a simple level 9 warlord.(I’m not sure if there’s a distinction between barbarian royals and a warlord).
Also considering the latest update could this be the reason Don King wants an heir popped?

O and sorry if this has been covered before I searched to find a thread but came up with nothing.
My life for Jetstone!
Her vorpal blade went snicker-snack! as she croaked every dwagon in the stack.
jabbersocky

Re: Jillian vs Stanley.

Postby Lord Kasavin » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:41 pm

Being that actual combat stats are largely kept in the dark... Jillian's vs. Stanley would be settled by plot.

Yet, we do know that Jillian lost to a stack of unled Dwagons very early with just her gwiffons and some orlys. Adding Stranley and the Arkenhammer would make the disparity far greater.
"Act, and God will Act." - Joan of Arc

"Those who plot the destruction of others often perish in the attempt." - Thomas Moore
Lord Kasavin

Postby Anton Gaist » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:05 pm

Though I seriously doubt we'll see them fight, I think that match would go to Stanley based on the artifact bonus.

It would depend on the units each one had, we haven't seen a megalogwiff yet, but a stack of mounted dwagons rocking out does seem a bit more than what Jillian could handle. Can she lead a dance fight, to begin with?
Gentlemen, I like war.
I like trench war, I like Blitzkrieg, I like the offensive, I like the defensive.
I truly love each and every kind of war man can wage on a tabletop game.
Anton Gaist

Postby pSycHOtic chICkeN » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:57 am

Bogrol was able to kill prince ansom. Surprise and initiative could make a large difference. If Stanley has very low hit points a lucky shot might get the job done.
pSycHOtic chICkeN

Postby MarbitChow » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:34 pm

But the REALLY important question is who would win in this three-way free-for-all: Stanley with his 'Hammer and Plated Red Dwagon, Gandalf, and Darth Vader?
MarbitChow

Postby yay » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:39 pm

MarbitChow wrote:But the REALLY important question is who would win in this three-way free-for-all: Stanley with his 'Hammer and Plated Red Dwagon, Gandalf, and Darth Vader?

chuck norris, chief warlord of texas, could take a stack of all three
chuck norris jokes are still cool, right...
yay

Postby DevilDan » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:44 pm

yay wrote:
MarbitChow wrote:But the REALLY important question is who would win in this three-way free-for-all: Stanley with his 'Hammer and Plated Red Dwagon, Gandalf, and Darth Vader?

chuck norris, chief warlord of texas, could take a stack of all three
chuck norris jokes are still cool, right...

It's NPH all the way these days, man.
They could not possibly win. Every man knew this with certainty, and lo it was glorious.
DevilDan

Postby Alexei P » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:06 pm

As it stands now? Definitely Stanley.

But I get the impression the story is setting up Jillian to wield the fourth Arkentool.
Alexei P

Postby DevilDan » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:14 pm

Alexei P wrote:As it stands now? Definitely Stanley.

But I get the impression the story is setting up Jillian to wield the fourth Arkentool.

If forced to abandon Faq, would she revert to her feral/barbarian phenotype?
They could not possibly win. Every man knew this with certainty, and lo it was glorious.
DevilDan

Postby Welf von Ehrwald » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:39 am

Even then she wouldn't bet my money on her. The arkenhammer seems to be the ultimate combat weapon. Rock out would give Stanley more bonus than Jillians dance fight, and with the lightning he can damage her from distance. A single Van De Graaf took out Ceasar, and he is at least as strong as Jillian.

DevilDan wrote:

If forced to abandon Faq, would she revert to her feral/barbarian phenotype?

Yes she would. Sttanley would have become barbarian, if Gobwin Knob had been conquered.
I love uncroaked Dora. I love an anonymous friend even more.

Only one man has understood me, and even he has not!
Welf von Ehrwald

Postby DevilDan » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:37 am

Welf von Ehrwald wrote:
DevilDan wrote:If forced to abandon Faq, would she revert to her feral/barbarian phenotype?

Yes she would. Sttanley would have become barbarian, if Gobwin Knob had been conquered.

I know that she would become a barbarian, just as she did before even though she was only the heir. I was asking whether the physiological or cosmetic changes she is experiencing would reverse themselves. I happen to think that they probably would...

At this point, it's surely a matter of conjecture. But let it never be said that we're not willing to take personal opinion and fob it off as fact in this board.
DevilDan

Postby Xewleer » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:17 pm

Stanley, but only by virtue of the Arkenhammer. Their natural bonuses (as overlords) would balance each other out. Perhaps Jillian will gain bonuses as a royal overlord, and both have abilities from essentially fighting their way in life... a lot. So I have to agree with other posters... the end decision will be decided by plot, though I wouldn't rule out a third party 'winning'.

*Note: Jillian and her stack almost croaked because there was like... 30+ dwagons that AND 3 warlords. Despite being wounded, I'm pretty sure damage stays the same. Just saying...
I'll show you how terrifying a true Christian can be!
Looking for a worthy opponent but the one man who can face me will not fight me anymore.
Xewleer

Postby Ferrous » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:36 pm

My understanding is that the main line of speculation has Sizemore getting the fourth arkentool (a shovel), given how current tool/attuned character matchups have been going (look it up in the wiki). Personally, I'm not certain what the conclusion of the story is "supposed" to be, but in the short run, I think Wanda will turn on Stanley, and Stanley will take his troops to flee, taking Sizemore, Jack, Maggie, Parson, all of the dragons and whatever else with him, and in their exile, come across the fourth arkentool.

To actually answer the question posed, I don't think Jillian alone would stand a chance as long as Stanley has the hammer. Level-wise, they are probably similar, and Jillian has a slight advantage for being royalty. Everything else though, has been said, about how much power the hammer has, and the kinds of resources Stanley commands. Furthermore, given previous foreshadowing, I think it'll be Jillian vs. Wanda, not Jillian vs. Stanley.

EDIT:

And oh, according to top sources, there are two things that could beat Chuck Norris:
A. The ultimate combination of Gandalf the Grey, Gandalf the White, "Monty Python and the Holy Grail"'s Black Night, Benito Mussolini, the Blue Meanie, Cowboy Curtis, Jambi the Genie, Robocop, Terminator, Captain Kirk, Darth Vader, Lo Pan, Superman, every single Power Ranger, Bill S. Preston, Theodore Logan, Spock, The Rock, Doc Oc, and Hulk Hogan.
B. Mr. Rogers
"Those who live in fear deserve what they get." -Ivan Moldavi
Marooner | Banjoist | Mapamancer
Ferrous

Return to Everything Else Erfworld