Eventually: Predictions on what will happen (events only!)

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Eventually: Predictions on what will happen (events only!)

Postby Xewleer » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:06 am

Basically theories on what will happen. This is not a 'speculation on 4th arkentool' thread (no offense to those who posted on that thread! Or its maker! I found it interesting to read!) But rather the whole, basic plot. Again: Not so much how as what and a short, 1-2 sentence as to why.

Someone (Jetstone?) will eventually figure out what happened and summon in their own perfect warlord, except with the detail: Must be able to beat Lord Hamster.
Correlation: The new warlord will be female. Bonus points if it's that one female (Ashna)

Charlie will be attacked, likely by Wanda, after she regains all the lost cities. After all, Stanley has a strong personal dislike for Charlie. It would make sense for him to try to kill Charlie by using his army to attack his bases. This is not a 'near' event, but would rather be more far off.

Wanda's Army will be destroyed SOMEHOW. This is certain, she is something of a game breaker as she is now.

Of course: 4th arkentool to be found/revealed (doesn't matter what it is/who has it)

Jillian will order forces to engage Gobwin Knob forces, but she will try to lead it herself, after all, she might have an heir by then. (Duh)
Correlation: Ansom/Jillian will engage in combat. One will die OR Ansom will break the Croakamancy spell (by the power of love! :lol: ). Bonus points if he dies in her arms. Total Book 2 ending/climax. Totally

If Parson's friends reappear, there may be some heroic sacrificing on their part.

(Far off) Lord Hamster will be named Heir of Gobwin Knob and maybe even take it over. (Don (whatsisface) stated that his heirs did try to replace him)

Charlie may be revealed to be a player himself, OR someone with knowledge of the World OR a player controlling Charlie's side through a medium in our world, computer?

Sorry if this has been done before, of course, but I have not found a similar thread...

Post your own Predictions! Lets see what you guys think. Don't be shy! :)
I'll show you how terrifying a true Christian can be!
Looking for a worthy opponent but the one man who can face me will not fight me anymore.
Xewleer

Re: Eventually: Predictions on what will happen (events only!)

Postby moose o death » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:54 am

wanda gets squashed and limps home, soon

charlie contacts stanley again and tries to establish an alliance. latr but not too late

jillian attunes an arkentool that makes her very good at building armies of standard troops. allowing faq to become a merceneray force again. on a larger scale.

jetstone (possibly the largest army erfworld has) takes personal offense at ansom being decrypted and assembles a very large coalition that they will fight from the defencive side.

very long term
parson finds, conquers and earns the respect of each attuned arkentool's users. once all have been found and attuned, a very elaborate link allows erfworld top be remade again by a team of parson like titans. one parson for each arkentool.
http://moosetech.blogspot.com/ my video game art. in easy to read blog form. swing on by. laugh at my spelling.
moose o death

Postby joosy » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:24 am

Entire world becomes decrypted except for a few pockets of resistance.

A few Erfworld survivors eventually hole up in a farmhouse and make their last stand. But due to arguments about whether they should barricade themselves in the basement or the attic as well as some thinly veiled race/caste issues their resistance falls apart and they are wiped out.

Others hide out in the Erfworld equivalent of a shopping mall but, due to the inherent greed and rampant consumerism of non-decrypted barbarians, they end up having to abandon that facility as well.

A small group of Erf scientists and military units make their last stand in an underground facility but end up turning against each other due to the conflicting yet futile interests of unethical science and the military-industrial complex.

<apologies to George Romero>
joosy

Postby KiltedNinja » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:58 am

At some point, a large music concert will be held, and called "Ark-Aid"
(puns on LiveAid, BandAid, and the all-important Arcade)

It will be revealed that Parons's presence is indeed to help fix Erfworld, helping the Titans, aiding them - you might say. Hence, Ark-Aid. Arcade. (I'm not obsessed with the word Arcade at all)

There will be a subtle exposition which explains by use of careful metaphor, that Parson is playing an Arcade game.

There will be a mention of the word Arcade.

Someone, will say something, at some time. Hopefully, Arcade.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
...I'm still holding out for the Arkenoid...
---------------------------------------------------------------------
KiltedNinja
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby yay » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:36 pm

sides will give in to GK's expansion in a attempt to placate stanley, similar to pre WW2 europe and Hitler. eventually, france/jetstone/sofaking, will be attacked and get crushed, causing a second royal coalition. war similar to WW1 will happen, with bitter trench fighting/decryption causing war to lose it's adventourus/fun/honorable mindset, and finally causing peace on the erf due to the aversion to having to fight like that again

bonus points for a parson/jillians heir having to do a saving private ryan Tom Hanks impression on the beaches of normandy

alt theory: wanda goes insane due to confrontation with jillian, turns barbarian, and rampages everywhere with decrypted forcing stanley and royals to team up to stop her. moral lessons learned by all about equality and friendship. 'cept wanda. wicked witch is dead
yay

Postby Roketter » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:08 pm

Short Term:

One of the sides currently loosing cities to GK (Or a group of them) will mount an organized defense or strike force to stop GK's army of conquest. During the battle, or before it ocurs (via a scout or one of Charlie's spies) they'll find out what's going on and spread the news to other factions.

Mid Term:

We'll get to know more people and/or royals from Jetstone. Probably even one of Ansom's brothers if he has one. (Who could even fall in love with the new queen Jillian ??) Total speculation. on that last bit :P

Long Term:

Gobwin Knob and its massive decrypted army mounted on dwagons will grow into a major threat to the entire Erfworld. Jillian and Vinny will have to fight their way to convince everyone that victory is posible.

The last (unknown) Arkanetool will be found, and Jill & Vinny will go on a quest seeking to aquire it. Perhaps we'll find out who will get attuned to it too! Jill could be the one who does it. None of those who atuned to one seem to want to follow Erfworld's rules (Charlie is an oddity, Stanley wants to redefine erfworld, Wanda believes she's got a higher destiny) so Jill might fit into that description.
Roketter

Postby Hari Seldon » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:46 am

Once people figure out Wanda has Unlimited Undead Army Raising, they all rush to Charlie for some BOOMstick spells to disintegrate Wanda's army (disintegrated units can't be uncroaked, ex: Bogroll).

Charlie didn't send anywhere near 50% of his Archons (nor his best ones) to the battle for GK so he steamrolls Wanda's Archons, then unleashes massive Spell Cannon(s) BOOM.

This is why Jillian wasn't really needed and why she was asked to pop an Heir. She still goes off to fight Wanda by herself or something I guess.

Stanley probably rushes to the rescue with his Dwagons.

Gobwin Knob has serious problems now that the enemy sides are hiring/using a reasonable number of spells instead of letting GK get the spell upper hand, and Wanda's tool is useless now that the enemy incinerates their dead / her dead.

GK being the richest side doesn't matter when the enemy has more spells, see below:

Blowing up the Volcano again ... won't help, because Charlie has the appropriate Fire Resistance spells or something. And other, worse spells.

The ONLY way I see Erfworld ever, ever having War end is if both Charlie and the Magic Kingdom want to stop war (or at least be neutral). Then it's quite easy actually since Mancers give ridiculous bonuses, the Magic Kingdom plus Charlie plus Wanda's Decryption could probably conquer the world no problem.

But that's no fun, Parson probably has to conquer Charlie. The Magic Kingdom ... probably remains neutral as always. Then Parson's side can pop Archons and can manage the other Erfworld sides buying Casters from the Magic Kingdom, more or less.

Oh, and conquer Transylvito because of Don's attitude he'd never submit (and with all that plot exposition about the defenses of Transylvitto ...).

I still think that Parson should actually LOSE sometime (please Erfworld don't fall prey to everyone doing "military escallation" on Parson, which just lets him catch up to them in strength so you can't defeat them), and have to be on the run for a while, but that's just my opinon.
Hari Seldon

Postby DevilDan » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:53 pm

It's really a predictions thread when Hari Seldon participates.
They could not possibly win. Every man knew this with certainty, and lo it was glorious.
DevilDan

Postby cloudbreaker » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:36 pm

Short Term: Wanda clobbers cities left and right. Parson learns the intricacies of Erfworld. Sizemore plays in his shiny new cesspit. Stanley tames dwagons. Jack and Maggie help Parson (Sizemore helps too). Ansom does Wanda's bidding. Mung and Vurp loose a drinking contest against Zhopa and Duke Nozzle.

Mid Term: Wanda captures cities on the far left, Parson is sent out to capture cities on the far right. Stanley sits at home and chills with his peeps.

Long term: Wanda goes after Faq and gets captured by Jillian. Wanda gets switched to Jillian's side, but all the decrypted units stay loyal to GK. Wanda starts building up a new decrypted army that will eventually be able to stand up to the forces of GK. Tarfu makes everyone snowcones with the ice from the icehouse.
Bored? Read The Adventured of Melissa Ray. An Erfworld fanfic. comment here

Or A Tale From Traz. (Now complete!). comment here.
cloudbreaker

Postby moose o death » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:16 am

cloudbreaker wrote:Short Term: Wanda clobbers cities left and right. Parson learns the intricacies of Erfworld. Sizemore plays in his shiny new cesspit. Stanley tames dwagons. Jack and Maggie help Parson (Sizemore helps too). Ansom does Wanda's bidding. Mung and Vurp loose a drinking contest against Zhopa and Duke Nozzle.

Mid Term: Wanda captures cities on the far left, Parson is sent out to capture cities on the far right. Stanley sits at home and chills with his peeps.

Long term: Wanda goes after Faq and gets captured by Jillian. Wanda gets switched to Jillian's side, but all the decrypted units stay loyal to GK. Wanda starts building up a new decrypted army that will eventually be able to stand up to the forces of GK. Tarfu makes everyone snowcones with the ice from the icehouse.

i agree with the snowcones. but only because its freakin hot here and my pc keeps overheating playing stalker
http://moosetech.blogspot.com/ my video game art. in easy to read blog form. swing on by. laugh at my spelling.
moose o death

Postby Yosarian » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:40 pm

We know Wanda thinks she has a fate, and that she's willing to do anything to get there, including betraying whatever side she's on. We don't know what that fate entails; we know attuning to an arkentool was part of it, but I think there's more she hasn't told us about, probably more she was told by the predictamacer.

If she thinks her Fate is to get more arkentools, she might go after Charley next, or else she might betray her side again when she's strong enough and go after Stanly for the hammer. Probably after making sure all the cities she's taken are garrisoned by decrypted troops under her control.

If she thinks her Fate is to conquer the world...she'll probably just keep doing what she's doing,but she'll eventually run into a brick wall. The first Royal Coalition was because Stanly had pissed off a lot of people, mostly. Once people figure out what's going on, once they figure out their only options are "Beat Stanly, stop Wanda, or die", then they'll form a much stronger coalition, devote a lot more of their resources to the battle. Wanda's got an incredibly powerful strike force, but I don't think she's strong enough (yet) to overcome the massive kind of numbers people are willing to throw at her; and yet, if she thinks she has a destiny here, she's not going to do the smart thing and stop, digest their conquests, and regroup before taking on the really big powers. With Ansom leading the force, they'll do well against smaller forces and decent against forces of equal strength, but he's not the kind of strategic genius to beat a larger army; he's probably smart enough to tell Wanda that she can't win a fight, but I doubt she'll listen to him, and if she tells him to try then he'll try. If the story goes this way, I expect them to get wiped out, perhaps have just Wanda and Ansom come limping back home, closely followed by a huge enemy army.
Yosarian

Postby moose o death » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:51 am

yeah that's where my heads at. wanda has become more or less cold and unlikeable now. so she's either becoming an enemy, or she's getting set up for an arse whooping
moose o death

Postby Danetrix » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:44 am

moose o death wrote:yeah that's where my heads at. wanda has become more or less cold and unlikeable now. so she's either becoming an enemy, or she's getting set up for an arse whooping

My vote is for enemy. If she got a whumping, then the RCC Mark 2 side that did it would just be going back to stomp GK, and we've read that story before.

After that Face-heel turn, Stanley would probably latch onto Parson with both Wanda (who's now very scary) and decrypted Ansom (seen as one of the better Cheif Warlords out there) now defecting against him.

And if Wanda was gunning for anyone, it'd be Jillian (and by proxy, Faq. She doesn't know about those cities yet have already been reclaimed. Maybe we'll see her plot to make her new base there, and find Jillian in the way?) I expect the changing/defecting to be done at the end of a battle between them both.
Danetrix

Postby moose o death » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:36 am

that'd be weird, wanda returning to faq to serve jillian and having ansom as her slave. weirdest love triangle ever
moose o death

Postby yay » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:50 pm

the next book is from the point of view of someone besides parson (i think i heard that somewhere). so my money is that it will be jillians heir,
(short term) Vinny+Heir will lead forces to retake the cities so heir can level up, and the RCC 2.0 will try and stop wanda the old fashioned way
(mid term) Parson will be sent to re-retake the cities, and the Heir has to deal with the perfect warlord and either loses and is captured, revealing FAQ rebirth, or wins with Charlie's help and captures parson who's existence will confuse everyone.
(Long term) can't guess at all, wanda probably deffects, sizemore dies to give story emotional weight, parson becomes overlord... possibilities are endless
yay

Postby Danetrix » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:40 pm

moose o death wrote:that'd be weird, wanda returning to faq to serve jillian and having ansom as her slave. weirdest love triangle ever

Oh no, I wasn't saying Wanda would join Jillian. Wanda would decide to form her own side after a battle between them both.

That love triangle would definately be strange. (Internet Law would state a reader on the site is writing it right now)
Danetrix

Postby Sonic Screwdriver » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:48 am

The bearers of the three known Arkentools are going to perform a link, doing something Titanically related to croakamancy and rocking out.
Sonic Screwdriver
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby DevilDan » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:14 am

Sonic Screwdriver wrote:The bearers of the three known Arkentools are going to perform a link, doing something Titanically related to croakamancy and rocking out.

I wonder if anyone has ever tried to use a non-caster in a link, perhaps to attempt to exploit a natural magic?
They could not possibly win. Every man knew this with certainty, and lo it was glorious.
DevilDan

Postby moose o death » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:56 pm

DevilDan wrote:
Sonic Screwdriver wrote:The bearers of the three known Arkentools are going to perform a link, doing something Titanically related to croakamancy and rocking out.

I wonder if anyone has ever tried to use a non-caster in a link, perhaps to attempt to exploit a natural magic?

given the two pieces of info we do know.

you need a thinkamancer to control the link
you need to remember the first time you casted within your discipline

while there may be a way, it's not as likely. even if it worked your looking at very little practical benefit. possibly being powerful enough to cast A spell below the ability of one caster and all three units dying afterwards
moose o death

Postby DevilDan » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:24 pm

moose o death wrote:
DevilDan wrote:I wonder if anyone has ever tried to use a non-caster in a link, perhaps to attempt to exploit a natural magic?

given the two pieces of info we do know.

you need a thinkamancer to control the link
you need to remember the first time you casted within your discipline

I didn't say that you couldn't use a thinkamancer; but could one link an archon to a thinkamancer, and then perhaps to a third linker?

Perhaps, for example, one could create the original triple-eyemancer setup but replacing the foolamancer with an archon. Surely a tabletop display is well within the means of the natural foolamancy of the latter.

moose o death wrote:while there may be a way, it's not as likely. even if it worked your looking at very little practical benefit. possibly being powerful enough to cast A spell below the ability of one caster and all three units dying afterwards

Speculating about "balancing" aspects and special rules is one of our favorite pastimes on this forum, I guess.
DevilDan

Next

Return to Everything Else Erfworld