spell again

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

spell again

Postby Grim » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:37 am

ok, so something just popped into my mind [pun intended]; the spell to summon parson is not unique - since it was made and bought from the magic kingdom, it stands to reason it could be bought and cast again...but what would/could happen?

A) assuming the spell worked approximatly right and parson is simply the 'perfect' warlord, would it just resummon him and cause him to change sides? or would it summon the next best available warlord? His evil twin? An equally good but different perfect warlord?

B) the spell was done imperfectly, ie all the extra definitions stanly asked of wanda gave them the best warlord within those definitions...theres actually a better pure warlord out there, as long as someone pays for the help...and while they'd have to be pretty desperate to do that, Stanly's side is beating them pretty hard

dunno if this is something that might crop up later or just a curious thought
Grim
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Re: spell again

Postby moose o death » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:53 am

the "fixes" to the imperfect warlord were simply erf adjustments.

he couldn't see stats, he'd never had to kill before, and his watch needed to be converted to proper mathamancy instead of our version of maths.

i would far sooner believe the MK side has no intention of funding an arms race. and/or that they have ulterior motivtions for allowing the spell to be cast.
http://moosetech.blogspot.com/ my video game art. in easy to read blog form. swing on by. laugh at my spelling.
moose o death

Postby MarbitChow » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:27 am

Keep in mind that Stanley added a lot of criteria to the spell: "Eats marbits for breakfast," etc. Whoever is casting the spell sets the criteria.
I assume that someone else casting the Perfect Warlord spell would want to do it to be able to defeat Parson, so one of the criteria would be "Find me someone who can defeat Parson," or "Find me someone who has beaten Parson."
One of his gamer friends would thus be a logical choice.
MarbitChow

Postby moose o death » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:45 am

parson was ideal because he had nothing to lose in going to erfworld, his gamer friends did have lives to live. so they would be more focused on leaving than winning.

keep in mind pitting parson against his friends is essentially murdering one of them. the only way around that little eventuality is to capture. but then what everyside of erfworld starts teleporting parsons friends into erfworld and he collects them all. it's too obvious and too impractical.
http://moosetech.blogspot.com/ my video game art. in easy to read blog form. swing on by. laugh at my spelling.
moose o death

Postby MarbitChow » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:07 am

moose o death wrote:parson was ideal because he had nothing to lose in going to erfworld, his gamer friends did have lives to live. so they would be more focused on leaving than winning.

keep in mind pitting parson against his friends is essentially murdering one of them. the only way around that little eventuality is to capture. but then what everyside of erfworld starts teleporting parsons friends into erfworld and he collects them all. it's too obvious and too impractical.

I don't think one of Parson's friends would show up and be a major antagonist. Seeing them try to outsmart him, or get outsmarted, isn't very interesting, since there are already two established clever antagonists in Charlie and Don King.

I think that a side might intend to summon a warlord to counter Parson, but what they actually summon is a moral dilemma for Parson to overcome. :D
MarbitChow

Postby Nebulious » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:48 am

Perhaps one side will summon one of Parson's friends as warlord and Parson will only discover it once the friend is killed by Parson's own troops.
This cold night will turn us all into fools and madmen.
Nebulious
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby DevilDan » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:34 pm

If a spell could "summon" another Erf unit, what would stop Jetstone from summoning Stanley?
They could not possibly win. Every man knew this with certainty, and lo it was glorious.
DevilDan

Postby Grim » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:01 am

MarbitChow wrote:Keep in mind that Stanley added a lot of criteria to the spell: "Eats marbits for breakfast," etc. Whoever is casting the spell sets the criteria.
I assume that someone else casting the Perfect Warlord spell would want to do it to be able to defeat Parson, so one of the criteria would be "Find me someone who can defeat Parson," or "Find me someone who has beaten Parson."

but only Stanly was 'stupid' enough to not buy the support network, so if another side did it, they might get a generic 'get me the best warlord'...or considering the way stuff is shaping up, they might also go something like "someone who will uphold the royal side' or something

DevilDan wrote:If a spell could "summon" another Erf unit, what would stop Jetstone from summoning Stanley?

that's a very good point, although there is the suggestion that certain thinkamancy spells, perhaps ones more powerful then the suggestion one put on jillian, might be able to better control other units - there might also be the factor that parson is a special 'summoned' unit who might therefore be unique in the game...but at a guess you're probably right

MarbitChow wrote:Keep in mind that Stanley added a lot of criteria to the spell: "Eats marbits for breakfast," etc. Whoever is casting the spell sets the criteria.

good point! well, I think it'd be entertaining anyway, and give us further insight into loyalty effects...parson may not 'love' his freinds, but perhaps he could't be made to destroy them either...then again, they did grab his dice pretty quick
Grim
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby carisbourg » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:16 am

What if they get a Parson from another reality, one who say doesn't eat Marbits for breakfast. What kind of fun would that be, calling up the new high warlord and finding out that he's Parson Lord Hamsturd instead of Hamstard. Imagine trying to beat someone who thinks like you, but doesn't have your memories quite the same, so their experiences are different. Over the long run it would be a tie, but Parson hasn't been shown to plan strategically. They might capture each others sides a couple of times as they go for slightly different masterstrokes. Plus the mental and verbal weaving would be fun.

Parson Lord Hamstard: "So, did I just say that to throw you off, 'turd or was I just pretending to throw you off. Maybe I'll move in a completely different direction, or not move at all? Bwah, hah, hah!"

Parson Lord Hamsturd: Yes, but did you just give me valuable understanding into what you'll do by the way you phrased that or am I just bluffing? Bwah, hah, hah, back at you, 'tard!"

Thought in unison: "What the boop did he mean by that?"
carisbourg

Return to Everything Else Erfworld