Freaky Erfworld Dream

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Freaky Erfworld Dream

Postby The Shadow » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:11 pm

I didn't think I was nearly as obsessed with this comic as my subconscious mind seems to be...

Last night I dreamed that I had been summoned as the Perfect Warlord in Parson's place. I had been in Erfworld for many turns - I'm not sure how long, but a good ways past the Battle for Gobwin Knob. And Sizemore and I had become close friends.

Anyway, when the dream started, something distressing had just happened. Erfworld had been restored to a savepoint shortly after I got summoned! The natives have no idea that savepoints even exist, of course, as their memories are restored to the old state along with everything else; but I, as an outsider, could clearly remember everything that had happened in my 'past life'.

I went to see Sizemore in his room and tried to explain this to him. He, being unable to comprehend or cope with this, and alarmed that I seemed to know WAY too much about GK and its war footing (given what a complete newbie I had seemed not long previous), started throwing wild accusations at me of being a plant from some other side, a spy, a traitor. I finally got through to him by repeating to him something he'd told me in the vanished turns, something he'd never told anyone else - King Saline's words to him the turn before he was croaked. (I don't recall what they were, except they were poignant and ironic, given what happened the next turn.)

He stared at me, shocked, and started to wrap his mind around what I was saying. And then it happened again! All the Erf shimmered, and got restored once more... I found myself in front of Sizemore's door again, with the whole conversation to do over.

And the thing that really ticked me off? Somehow I knew (the way one does in dreams) that these restores had nothing to do with me and Sizemore; they had to do with a battle occurring on the other side of Erfworld, and my life and relationships were totally unintended and unknown casualties.

I was so angry with Fate that I woke up. :) Very Groundhog Day, without the happy ending.
The Shadow
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Re: Freaky Erfworld Dream

Postby Brewdude » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:51 pm

NERD TRIVIA:

Should you ever find yourself in a groundhog day like situation, where rather than travel back from the future, your own personal timeline is rewound to a previous point in time but you "remember" the future....should this ever occur, the way to present this information to other people is to rather than explain that you are back in time from the future, tell them that....

You had a vision of the future. People will readily believe in visions where they won't believe in time travel, and even if they don't, at least you won't sound crazy, just disturbed.

Given that this is erfworld, though, going back to a save point sound like what predictomancers do.
Brewdude

Re: Freaky Erfworld Dream

Postby The Shadow » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:12 am

I'll try to remember that next time I have a dream like that. :) Which may be never, considering I can't recall ever having one before, but you never know.

Interesting idea about predictamancy taking you to a savepoint! It would explain that they know the way the future is trending, but there are no guarantees. I guess that would make outsiders like Parson "natural predictamancers" - they have no control over it, but they can mooch off of other people's predictamancy.
The Shadow

Return to Everything Else Erfworld