Rations popping at dawn vs. start of Turn

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Rations popping at dawn vs. start of Turn

Postby Kreistor » Mon May 04, 2009 10:53 am

We've been working on the Wiki, and there are a few things that I know there is still some controversy about. One of these is the time of Rations popping. I currently have Rations in Speculation instead of Proposed Canon.

Here's how the controversy:

Bogroll tells us that rations pop at Dawn on Page 37.

Parson receives his Rations after Charlescomm Turn, so at the beginning of Turn on page 106.

We know from Page 144, that Parson begins Turn at dawn when no one is in Battlespace.

So, here's how I see it... On Page 37, Charlescomm is not in the battle, so not affecting Turn order. Transylvito and Jillian are allied with Jetstone, and so take Turn after Gobwin Knob. This means that on Page 37, Gobwin Knob takes Turn first, at dawn.

This means that in all cases, Rations popped at the beginning of Turn. Bogroll was able to state that rations would pop at dawn because he knew that:
1) GK turn would be at dawn because no one else was before them in turn order.
or
2) No one was in GK Battlespace, so Units in GK would begin Turn at dawn.
Either case works out.

So, I want to put Rations pop at beginning of Turn in Proposed Canon. Does anyone fault the logic, so I need to keep it in Speculation?
http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/TBFGK_1 Here you can find all comic pages written as text for convenient quoting.

http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/Erfworld_Mechanics The starting page for accessing all known Erfworld "rules".
Kreistor

Re: Rations popping at dawn vs. start of Turn

Postby SteveMB » Mon May 04, 2009 11:08 am

That looks sound to me -- also, it's explicitly stated that healing happens at the beginning of the side's turn, and I get the impression that healing and rations (and cleansing) are all part of a single "general upkeep" function that all happens together.
Is this a real holy war, or just a bunch of deluded boopholes croaking each other?
SteveMB
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby ObadiahtheSlim » Tue May 05, 2009 11:57 am

It's pretty clear that dead units disappear (unless steps are taken to prevent it), units heal, and rations pop at the beginning of that sides turn. Captured units seem to count as the side they were captured by too.
ObadiahtheSlim

Postby raphfrk » Tue May 05, 2009 1:41 pm

ObadiahtheSlim wrote:It's pretty clear that dead units disappear (unless steps are taken to prevent it), units heal, and rations pop at the beginning of that sides turn. Captured units seem to count as the side they were captured by too.

It isn't clear on the dead disappearing. It could be that they disappear at the start of the next turn of the side that croaked them. That means that they don't disappear until all other sides have had a chance to uncroak them.
raphfrk
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Fuzzypaws » Wed May 06, 2009 1:44 am

raphfrk wrote:
ObadiahtheSlim wrote:It's pretty clear that dead units disappear (unless steps are taken to prevent it), units heal, and rations pop at the beginning of that sides turn. Captured units seem to count as the side they were captured by too.

It isn't clear on the dead disappearing. It could be that they disappear at the start of the next turn of the side that croaked them. That means that they don't disappear until all other sides have had a chance to uncroak them.

In that case, all the people Sizemore and Wanda croaked with the volcano would still be gone, unless the volcano somehow counted as doing stuff to them to prevent their disappearance.

I'm going to wager that croaked bodies actually disappear at the start of the second night after their demise. That way there is a full day for people to do stuff in, like you posited.
This has been a test of the emergency broadcast system. If this were an actual emergency, you would already be dead.
Fuzzypaws

Postby raphfrk » Wed May 06, 2009 5:29 am

Fuzzypaws wrote:In that case, all the people Sizemore and Wanda croaked with the volcano would still be gone, unless the volcano somehow counted as doing stuff to them to prevent their disappearance.

Sorry meant at the start of the turn of the side during who's turn they croaked. Basically, anything that dies during your turn will depop at the beginning of your next turn.

Thus if you invade and kill lots of enemies, you have to uncroak before the end of your turn. This would explain why Wanda cast the mass-uncroak before they ended turn. All the dead (from both sides) would disappear at the start of their next turn.

OTOH, presumably moving a corpse resets the clock.

I'm going to wager that croaked bodies actually disappear at the start of the second night after their demise. That way there is a full day for people to do stuff in, like you posited.

That means that the rules are different for sides that move later in the day, so doesn't seem fair.

If you are last in the day, and your enemy kills some units earlier, you get two turns to uncroak them.
raphfrk
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Darkside007 » Wed May 06, 2009 4:49 pm

raphfrk wrote:If you are last in the day, and your enemy kills some units earlier, you get two turns to uncroak them.

Eh, maybe, but caster mana works like healing, I suspect. There's only so much that can be done on a single day, turn or not.
Darkside007

Postby Kreistor » Wed May 06, 2009 9:51 pm

I'm not touching "juice" at this point. We barely know it even exists.
http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/TBFGK_1 Here you can find all comic pages written as text for convenient quoting.

http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/Erfworld_Mechanics The starting page for accessing all known Erfworld "rules".
Kreistor

Return to Everything Else Erfworld