Stanley the Bard?

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Stanley the Bard?

Postby quindraco » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:50 pm

1) He has magical music powers.

2) He has one of the most useless magic powers we've seen in the comic, if not the most useless - transmuting pigeons into walnuts and walnuts into pigeons.

3) He's really, really stupid.

4) Everyone hates him.

I put it to the forum that Stanley the Tool is, in fact, a spoony bard.
--
QuinDraco
quindraco

Re: Stanley the Bard?

Postby pSycHOtic chICkeN » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:18 am

If you assume that the writer/artist is constrained by the rules of popular role playing games, then Stanley must have a character class. Bard would fit much better than druid for example.

I could not find the pages, but I think on one page it says Stanley was a miner and another it says he was popped as infantry.

I would not assume that the hammer's ability to rock out indicates anything about Stanley's musical talents. I think he could be compared a college freshman who installs 1200 watt speakers in his dorm. It requires a trivial understanding of electrical wiring but can not be called musical talent.
pSycHOtic chICkeN

Re: Stanley the Bard?

Postby mea culpa » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:41 pm

pSycHOtic chICkeN wrote:I could not find the pages, but I think on one page it says Stanley was a miner and another it says he was popped as infantry.

http://www.erfworld.com/wp-content/uploads/book1/079.jpg gives him as having started out as piker. Don't recall reading about him ever been a miner.
mea culpa

Return to Everything Else Erfworld