cleaved by his mighty broadsword - it can happen

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Re: cleaved by his mighty broadsword - it can happen

Postby taltamir » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:26 pm

are you suggesting that as an obese person he must be attracted / have sex with only obese women?
taltamir

Postby moose o death » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:40 pm

DevilDan wrote:
moose o death wrote:that's the best theory i've seen yet. she's getting rid of him. that's genius.

I still think that Maggie sees a need, perhaps several needs. Not only would it help Parson at a physiological level, but it would help him to become more attached to Erf as a whole, to begin to accept his position rather than think of himself as an Earthman who could wake up at any second. It might help him accept his role as a warlord and as, really, an Erfworlder now.

It would also help him get over some of this Earth "ethics," to get over his qualms about free will in Erf. He is not necessarily suggesting that Parson order an archon to bed him, but there are plenty of reasons to want him to start thinking of archons as sentient beings and not just as chess pieces—even though he values their lives perhaps more than an Erf warlord might, he still hold himself as separate, infantilizing them, seeing them as drones or slaves and not as "people" or "adults."

i don't think he see's them as infants anymore. he did way back at the start. at that point i'm only aware of parson having met gobwins. hobgobwins, twolls, and plaid tribe units. er and dwagons.

jetstone is much taller than plaid and croatan tribes. ansom is neck level with parson after decryption. not enough "same plane" images for other tribes to be compared. but sizes vary amongst the various tribes. and he's certainly seen plenty of death.

so i'm fairly confident he's aware of them not being children. just being different races so to speak. and certainly has become aware of the frailty of their lives.
http://moosetech.blogspot.com/ my video game art. in easy to read blog form. swing on by. laugh at my spelling.
moose o death

Postby DevilDan » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:08 pm

We've seen too few Erf humans to determine what gross physiological difference may be present from tribe to tribe. Since procreation is not just parthogenic but, if you'll forgive the word, "immaculate," we have to wonder what would pass for phylogenic processes on Erf. (I've assumed that there's no such thing as evolution, given that all "errors' in cell division are corrected by the next turn.)

There's quite a bit of human variation on Earth within individual societies, to be sure. Plus, nobles seem to get the best genes: we'd need to see larger samples to draw reliable conclusions or even preliminary observations with any validity.
They could not possibly win. Every man knew this with certainty, and lo it was glorious.
DevilDan

Postby raphfrk » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:03 pm

moose o death wrote:jetstone is much taller than plaid and croatan tribes. ansom is neck level with parson after decryption. not enough "same plane" images for other tribes to be compared. but sizes vary amongst the various tribes. and he's certainly seen plenty of death.

Are heights consistent from beginning to end?
raphfrk
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby taltamir » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:10 pm

do erfians even have genes and cell division?
we know they reproduce immaculately, heal all injuries at the begining of the turn... and while some, like peeps, are made out of marshmellow (and some are like stuffed teddybears), others like the archeons or dragons are made out of "meat and bones"
taltamir

Postby zarwin » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:22 pm

So, I read this update differently than some, I guess.
Maggie seemed pretty sure Parson wouldn't have to worry, which makes me think she's pretty familiar with twolls or some other large Erfer, so I would trust her judgement.
As far as her trying to get rid of Parson, I didn't see that at all. In fact, at some points, she almost seemed to be flirting with him.
zarwin

Postby DevilDan » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:08 pm

Zarwin, she's messing with him. Why wouldn't a thinkamancer play a few mind games when she's comfortable with someone?
They could not possibly win. Every man knew this with certainty, and lo it was glorious.
DevilDan

Postby noxharrington » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:35 pm

Sorry folks, I just have to point out (since no one else has) that my proposed unit Hayroll, on the previous page, is hilarious.

Winking emoticon.
noxharrington

Postby moose o death » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:41 pm

raphfrk wrote:
moose o death wrote:jetstone is much taller than plaid and croatan tribes. ansom is neck level with parson after decryption. not enough "same plane" images for other tribes to be compared. but sizes vary amongst the various tribes. and he's certainly seen plenty of death.

Are heights consistent from beginning to end?

they are by the end, wanda maggie and sizemore are relatively the same size, ansom is a full head taller than wanda. ansom's head draws level with parson's clavicle. i was going to raise a topic to determine the relative size of units. but figured there wasn't much too it.

the biggest issue with their heights is that they are all perfectly scaled in proportion so if you have two characters in a scene, and can't see the feet, they can look like the artist screwed up the sizes. initially they had the big heads which did serve to set scale better.
http://moosetech.blogspot.com/ my video game art. in easy to read blog form. swing on by. laugh at my spelling.
moose o death

Postby taltamir » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:12 pm

noxharrington wrote:Sorry folks, I just have to point out (since no one else has) that my proposed unit Hayroll, on the previous page, is hilarious.

Winking emoticon.

i agree it was funny. There was just nothing to actually say about it except maybe "lol that was funny"; and I don't do "lol"
taltamir

Postby noxharrington » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:33 pm

taltamir wrote:i agree it was funny. There was just nothing to actually say about it except maybe "lol that was funny"; and I don't do "lol"

I agree. The silence shows that this is a classy forum. But dammit I just needed the affirmation.
noxharrington

Postby moose o death » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:00 pm

begging for it wont help.

and i agree, i don't do lol

or emoticons.

i read it but couldn't see why it was a unit, surely a combat type would have been more appropriate. you could have played the pun angle and the hippymancy angle of make love not war....
moose o death

Postby noxharrington » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:49 pm

moose o death wrote:begging for it wont help.

Yet it did.

moose o death wrote:i read it but couldn't see why it was a unit, surely a combat type would have been more appropriate.

Haha what? How so? We're talking a sex twoll here.
noxharrington

Postby drakeblood4 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:16 pm

DevilDan wrote:Zarwin, she's messing with him. Why wouldn't a thinkamancer play a few mind games when she's comfortable with someone?

Oddly enough, that makes a lot of sense. Almost like Jack's riddles...
drakeblood4

Postby taltamir » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:38 pm

drakeblood4 wrote:
DevilDan wrote:Zarwin, she's messing with him. Why wouldn't a thinkamancer play a few mind games when she's comfortable with someone?

I thought it was just because she was a woman... but thinkamancer works too.
Plus you gotta admit "I am too big, I might hurt her" does sound a bit...
taltamir

Postby Justyn » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:07 am

taltamir wrote:
drakeblood4 wrote:

I thought it was just because she was a woman... but thinkamancer works too.
Plus you gotta admit "I am too big, I might hurt her" does sound a bit...

Cocky? ;)
If I am acting as a mod, you will know it.
Justyn
Tool + YOTD + Pins Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby lovelyluthien » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:33 am

DevilDan wrote:I still think that Maggie sees a need, perhaps several needs. Not only would it help Parson at a physiological level, but it would help him to become more attached to Erf as a whole, to begin to accept his position rather than think of himself as an Earthman who could wake up at any second. It might help him accept his role as a warlord and as, really, an Erfworlder now. [...]

Seconded.
After reading I had the distinct impression that she wanted Parson to be comfortable in Erfworld, that she cared for (and worried about) his psychological needs just as much as she cared about Stanleys. A happy warlord probably is a better warlord, and she wants him to use his talents as one. Maybe she wants to show him the good sides of Erfworld as a contrast to all the killing?

And seriously, any man implying he might be too big for a woman deserves to be laughed at. Never mind actual sizes. I like how Maggie's developping away from the "cold fish" type. It's great to see how, well, human Erfworld characters become when they let their guard down, take time off from their job/function and just are themselves. (Also see Wanda's and Jillian's "Aw, it's been a nightmare"-conversation.)
Avatar courtesy of SteveMB and Erfworld.
lovelyluthien

Postby taltamir » Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:58 am

just want to clarify something... as much as i think it could happen in theory with people of vastly different size... i don't think parson is sufficiently bigger than the archeons to be a problem. as they are relatively large themselves. they are like twice stanley's hight.
taltamir

Postby mutecebu » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:59 am

pSycHOtic chICkeN wrote:
He's not just Twoll sized, he's huge even for real world standars.

We know nothing about archon anatomy. Consider a snake's jaw for example. Many species can swallow whole food 3 times their body diameter. It may be sexier to think of archons as tight little virgins but we really do not have any information.

We know that gwiffons are mostly gelatin for all we know archons might be made of mostly latex. On page 96 we see an archon and several pegasi getting nuked. We can see something like a skeleton in the archon but not the relevant area. Regardless, the archons are highly magical creatures and could probably figure something out.

There was that guy who died of a perforated bowel after being... how should I say this... AH: his stallion's mare...

The healing at the next turn should take care of that. We also do not know what/if archons eat. If they are not digesting food the way a mammal does then they will not have anaerobic bacteria flowing into a rupture. The conversation with maggy and the way archons are drawn would suggest that they are anatomically similar in shape to human females or rubber dolls in either case there would not be intestines involved.

Popping a feminine twoll would solve most of the issues. Wanda or Stanley may have ordered Maggie to scope out Parson's gender preferences and needs. We already know that twolls can do remarkable things with their hands.

You broke my brain about three times with that post
mutecebu

Previous

Return to Everything Else Erfworld