consequence free recreational sex

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

consequence free recreational sex

Postby taltamir » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:29 pm

In erfworld pregnancy and babies do not exist AFAIK. A SINGLE parent decides to dedicate the town's production to pop an heir, and an heir is popped. Units are just popped AFAIK without any parents.
But yet, they have sex. It is purely recreational, and they all seem to do it.
And do STDs even exist in erfworld?

As far as I can tell sex is a purely recreational thing they do there and it has no consequences at all.
taltamir

Re: consequence free recreational sex

Postby pSycHOtic chICkeN » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:54 pm

Maggie says "If you do break her like a...feral mount of some sort, then I suppose she'll heal fully at dawn." That would be a confirmed possibility of consequence. Even if they do heal in one turn uncomfortable memories might not.

Disease hasn't been addressed as far as I can tell. It was a major factor in real world wars so parsons should have studied something about it in the library. Uncroaked plague victims might be very good at spreading plague.

In addition to Parsons role as an authority, the archons are also decrypted. Screwing someone under your command is statutory but sex with the decrypted is non-consensual and possibly a form of necrophilia.
pSycHOtic chICkeN

Postby moose o death » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:24 am

that and it would be creepy.

i think it's probably pseudo consensual. (is that the right spelling. why is the word sensual used? surely it's consential . the red lines say no to that)
the units are given an option, but you'd all but be assured any lower ranked unit would gladly accept.

all the people in the 44 debate being grossed out by mental images of parson nude, need to remember physical appearnace is not the same thing in erfworld as it is here.

parsons form on earth indicates he's unfit, would have low stamina, and he's probably not exactly good dna source for your children.
in erfworld, there is no children. so units would not project amateur dna analysis based on his appearance, fitness and stamina are turn based. so when the turns are over you could probably fool around all night. parson wont be able too. but erfgirls don't know that.

so based on those assumptions we can probably guess parson's size is going to get him alot of attention and his position doubly so. his performance may be a bit of a letdown for the lucky ladies though. or maybe all those stairs are improving his stamina.

there is still the size debate. erfgirls are scaled proportionally, short earth woman are not proportionally scaled down from the average woman, the hips ribs skull etc all remain fairly similar in size. it's just length of legs and arms usually that changes much. even little people have alot of average sizes in their body. just vertically challenged.

so parson has legitimate concerns. i guess maggie is projecting based on her knowledge of larger erf units like twolls, who could be hung like mosquito's, for this very reason. cross species interaction seems to be normal in erfworld.
http://moosetech.blogspot.com/ my video game art. in easy to read blog form. swing on by. laugh at my spelling.
moose o death

Postby SteveMB » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:26 am

Based on what we know so far, I don't think there are any "diseases" as such (though incapacitating magics that have similar effects are another question).

Also, the thread title got my attention; I was half expecting it to be another "spam cleanup on aisle three".... :lol:
Is this a real holy war, or just a bunch of deluded boopholes croaking each other?
SteveMB
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby carisbourg » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:35 am

What about the emotional consequenses? We've seen it used as both emotional control and a means of growing closer as a couple as well as having it referred to at one point. I think there would be consequenses.
carisbourg

Postby moose o death » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:36 am

are you a mod?
http://moosetech.blogspot.com/ my video game art. in easy to read blog form. swing on by. laugh at my spelling.
moose o death

Postby MarbitChow » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:44 am

Re: Parson's Stamina...

Everything else in Erfworld pops instantly: food appears, pigs pop to different sizes, units just appear.

Perhaps Erfworld sex is the same way - express the intent, and POP! You're done!

Imagine two units who giggle a lot, kiss once, then a big black box appears over them, completely covering them both, with the inscription "Seduction: SUCCESS!" on each side of the box...

Parson being able to last more than 10 seconds could make him a legendary lover. :D
MarbitChow

Postby moose o death » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:54 am

and strengthen his resolve to get back to earth

this update he's put out to stud. next update he's desperately seeking a way home
moose o death

Postby taltamir » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:53 am

guys i made an entire different thread about the issues for PARSON particularly...
In this thread I was speaking only about erfworlders... Remember jillian and ansom were a couple... And before wanda was boinking her. wanda seduced Stanly. And unlike those previous three pairing, we know maggie and sizemore are a couple now, but not if they are actually having sex...

The erfworlders have no pregnancy, and AFAIK no STD. Reproduction is done via popping units, only royalty can have children, and apparently only one parent is needed of EITHER gender to produce a child. To them, sex is recreation not procreation.
taltamir

Postby ManoftheSea » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:44 am

Even if they do heal in one turn uncomfortable memories might not.

That wasn't exactly what Maggie was implying. She was more saying that the encounter would be one that the unit would remember for positive reasons.

Tying back to the chick lit panel, I think it came up that in Twilight, the vampire's strength and ferocity was good, but left bruises. Same concept.
ManoftheSea

Postby raphfrk » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:15 am

ManoftheSea wrote:Tying back to the chick lit panel, I think it came up that in Twilight, the vampire's strength and ferocity was good, but left bruises. Same concept.

.. or the other viewpoint.
raphfrk
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby pSycHOtic chICkeN » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:17 am

taltamir wrote:The erfworlders have no pregnancy, and AFAIK no STD. Reproduction is done via popping units, only royalty can have children, and apparently only one parent is needed of EITHER gender to produce a child. To them, sex is recreation not procreation.

The assumption that I would challenge is that there are no consequences in recreation. Consider the mouse caught by my cat. He(the cat) is adequately fed and did not need to eat. I believe the mouse eventually escaped because I never found any pieces. There was no pregnancy and no STDs. The cat clearly had a great time running around with a soft squirmy thing in his mouth and he always loves playing chase.

The Archons are clearly sentient beings capable of complex thought. They have facial expressions that correlate with emotions. Parsons is a being unnatural to erfworld brought into existence by a powerful croakamancer. We do not know how archons would feel about having an abomination injecting live foreign fluids into their internal anatomy. I think Parson's doubts are well founded.

Maggie's statements are similar to something you might hear in some real world cultures. Raping the peasant girls is the natural thing for lords to do. If I traveled to a culture where the locals were surprised that I did not rape the local girls I still would not do it.

In the real world you can use drugs to gain consent. I am not familiar with roofies but hypothetically suppose you drug someone and get him/her to give complete consent. Maybe even get it in writing with witnesses. It would still be rape and you could still be prosecuted for it. The victim would still feel violated after recovering from the drugs.
pSycHOtic chICkeN

Postby Anca » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:36 pm

@ moose o death: Consensual is right. It's from a Latin verb, though the exact breakdown of the word is escaping me at the moment. Also, not agreeing about the poor DNA, there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with him (he's healthy). His weight could just be lifestyle.

And on-topic: I wouldn't say sex on Erfworld would be without consequences. No sign of STDs, no, but there's emotional impact. And Wanda's seduction of Stanley had definite consequences. :)
Anca

Postby taltamir » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:00 pm

1. I agree that wanda was suggesting those would be FOND memories for the archeon.
2. Of course recreational sex has emotional consequences, I was referring to the "consequences" that people usually taut when they warn people about unprotected sex... "have unprotected sex and you will die from aids, and have unwanted children... sex has consequences". There are the aspects you suggested of rape of units (although that also might be more limited in erfworld with its thinkamancy obedience), and there is also the relationship forming... for example, jillian and ansom (and before him wanda) had a relationship which DID affect the course of the world itself. The war could have gone differently had those relationships not been in place.
taltamir

Postby valce » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:19 pm

The concept of 'consensual' is not very easy to define in a world whose mechanics include various forms of mind control. Do you count a unit's 'loyalty'/'duty' stat as part of its free will?

Basically the mechanics of the world make you conceive of your superior officers in a certain way. Perhaps you would have felt this way regardless, perhaps not. So if the question is "is it consensual" then the answer would have to be "for a given value of consensual"
valce

Postby DevilDan » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:01 pm

We have the same question everyday here with regards to people sleeping with subordinates, whether it's a military organization or a McDonald's. At some point, we each have to deal with this. We even have similar issues in other areas, such as "mail order" brides, arranged marriages, and marriages between people of different economic strata.
They could not possibly win. Every man knew this with certainty, and lo it was glorious.
DevilDan

Postby Prometheus » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:35 pm

You know, based on the thread title, I half-expected this to be some kind of spam bot topic.
The first step to being right all of the time is to admit that you're wrong most of the time.
Prometheus

Postby noxharrington » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:41 pm

DevilDan wrote:We have the same question everyday here with regards to people sleeping with subordinates, whether it's a military organization or a McDonald's. At some point, we each have to deal with this. We even have similar issues in other areas, such as "mail order" brides, arranged marriages, and marriages between people of different economic strata.

It's definitely comparable, but we have no idea whether the subjective experience of a subordinate obeying a superior is similar in Erfworld. Perhaps there is enormous pleasure to be gained from the dutiful completion of a command - as long as one doesn't specifically object to the command, as we've seen plenty of times.

Actually... have we seen any instances of commands like "enjoy the task as you do it?" The Tool tells Ansom to smile, but that's not the same thing.
noxharrington

Postby taltamir » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:24 pm

the tool tells him to LAUGH at his jokes, and he laughs, and he expresses his shock at actually laughing "naturally" at something so unfunny.
taltamir

Postby noxharrington » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:32 pm

taltamir wrote:the tool tells him to LAUGH at his jokes, and he laughs, and he expresses his shock at actually laughing "naturally" at something so unfunny.

Yeah, so would it work if The Tool told him to actually find the jokes funny?
noxharrington

Next

Return to Everything Else Erfworld