Capclave Party Report

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Capclave Party Report

Postby Lady Nerevar » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:32 pm

Guys, if you appear in any of these pictures, please link and identify yourselves so that we all know who we are :) I am the chick in the gray jacket, red shirt, and glasses.

i left my house about 7:10, and realized immediately that i had miscalculated the time it would take to get to Rockville :/ The rain didnt help much, but we were on time up until we got to Silver Spring, where we were stuck in a giant traffic jamb. I got to the party at about 8:20, with the room packed and the announcement started (though not very far in)

I was in the back, so filming wasnt really a possibility (5'4", most of the guys there were 6'+). I did however try to tweet my way through and took some pictures.

after the news wrapped up and Xin was introduced (sowwy for misspelling your name D:) the drinking started. The over 21's started the night off with candycorn shots, which is a candycorn submerged in a glass of booze. we socialized and stuff, people went outside and stood in line (read: cloud) waiting forsketches from Jaime and Xin.

Xin sketching. Jaime signing a sketch. The 1st page of book 1 and 2 was also available for purchase, signed by the artists and writer.

The original art was there too. It was really sweet to see it in person, it looked a lot more impressive than online, especially the summer updates.

Our honorary Parson (evil goatee'd version) made himself a candycorn keylime pie.

Rob, Ellen, and Janny. Some of the attendees.

Showing off the Titan Glasses 2.0

One of me and Jaime. One of me and Rob.

next came the Manpowers, which were some funky blue booze mixed with keylime liquor (which smelled great). the Bacon Vodka also came out at this point. The Erfworld travel mugs were converted into makeshift cocktail shakers.

Rob and Janny, looking d'aaw.

eventually everyone (or, well, most people) got nice and boozed up. Rob came back from the spillover party, and was, by that time, Party Robtm (as far as i know).

Katt, who likes a good huggle, invited me into a hug on the bed. some more people got on, until someone realized that the stack bonus maxes at 8 and we only had 7 people. Rob jumped inat this point and provided us with a nice leadership bonus. Chocolate whiped cream was involved. The rest of the people at the party got in as well, as we ended up with 14 people on the bed. That was not very comfortable to maintain, so it dispursed after a picture was taken. After that the stack remained small but effective, with Lana, Rob, and Katt making up the bottom row and me lying across them. Afterward Ellen joined in by lying on across me, and taking my position after i left.

to close the thread, here is a closeup of my official, cannonical, rule 34 sketch.
Last edited by Lady Nerevar on Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lady Nerevar

Re: Capclave Party Report

Postby Zebranky » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:39 pm

I'm the dude with the fedora in "Rob jumped in" and "leadership bonus". Very nice report, milady.
<RobTitan> If I were Parson, I would link a Florist with a Croakamancer just so I could play Plants vs Zombies as a LARP
Zebranky
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby sentientcheese » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:31 pm

I'm the honorary Parson!
Once is an accident,
the second time, a mere coincidence
The third time is enemy action
sentientcheese

Postby President_Allosaurus » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:38 pm

I'm the Guy Not Appearing In These Capclave Photos. You might know my cousin, he wasn't in one of those surrealistic films down by that comedy troupe.
President_Allosaurus

Postby Lady Nerevar » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:40 pm

isnt that you in the very back with the Titan Glasses in Some of the Attendees?

it looks like some of the photos i took either didnt upload or didnt get sent to the right folder for retouching, so i'll get back to this thread tomorrow :)
Lady Nerevar

Postby scotchmonger » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:16 pm

I showed up in a couple but I'm clearly the guy to the right of Rob and Janny having a d'aaw moment.

I'm also uploading the sketch I got from Jaime. Xin's was too faded so I'll try for a better scan tomorrow.

Spoiler: show
Rider Wanda - 640.jpg
Rider Wanda - 640.jpg (67.92 KiB) Viewed 1124 times
scotchmonger
Pins Supporter!
Pins Supporter!

Postby dorkuprising » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:26 pm

I'm the wielder of the Titan glasses 2.0, also, I made a forum account, as promised.
dorkuprising

Postby Mikalyaran » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:05 pm

Im seriously jealous of everyone who got to attend. I love living in Colorado but every now and then wish I could live elsewhere for a day.
Mikalyaran
Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby CountCasimir » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:42 am

AHAHAHAHA YOUR SKETCH IS GLORIOUS!

Looks like everything was a total blast, I'm jealous.
CountCasimir

Postby DevilDan » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:05 pm

Yes, serious jealousy. We should have a NoCal fan meet.
They could not possibly win. Every man knew this with certainty, and lo it was glorious.
DevilDan

Postby Lady Nerevar » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:08 pm

ok guys, videos are now up :) check them out!
Lady Nerevar

Postby Sixty » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:22 pm

I'm the guy in the red and black in the back of
and the guy with his back to the camera in
Sixty
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Haragorn » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:54 pm

My sketches:
ImageImage
Yes, that is me on the Dwagons.
Haragorn
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Return to Everything Else Erfworld