required readings?

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

required readings?

Postby mattdm » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:27 pm

So, I really enjoyed reading the comic over at the Giant in the Playground site. But I really couldn't get into the summer updates; for whatever reason, not my cup of tea.

From the announcement, looks like the text will continue between upcoming issues too.

The question is: will I really be missing out if I skip all that? Will I be confused, or is it just more detail that isn't strictly necessary to the main story?
mattdm

Re: required readings?

Postby Emaria » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:38 pm

Dude, you need to read the summer updates. Not only will you be lost but you'll be missing out on an excellent and integral part of the story. It's well worth it.
Emaria
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Yosarian » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:49 pm

mattdm wrote:So, I really enjoyed reading the comic over at the Giant in the Playground site. But I really couldn't get into the summer updates; for whatever reason, not my cup of tea.

Honestly, I found the early ones kind of dull, but it gets a lot better as you go.

IF you want, you can basically skip the first 9 or so. Nothing much happens there, except Stanly decides to make Ansom his chief warlord instead of Parson and sends him and Wanda off to go on the attack. It starts getting more interesting from about update 10 on, when it goes to Jillian and follows her for a bit, and then it just keeps getting better from there.
Yosarian

Postby taltamir » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:18 am

normally i also get turned off by a comic turning into a book. (i love books, but the transition jarrs me).. that being said, the summer updates (Especially later ones) are just phenomenal, they make for an exceptionally good read.
taltamir

Return to Everything Else Erfworld