Speaking of the Hero Buds, and withdrawal...
1. Wanda was Turned to Haffaton by use of the Buds.
2. She is suffering their advanced symptoms by the time she captures Jillian.
3. She is never seen wearing one for the whole graveyard/torture sequence, despite staying with Jillian for a lot of that time.
4. Despite 3, she does not croak. So withdrawal from the Buds may not cause croaking of itself.
5. In that case, what is the point of Olive putting a Bud in Wanda's hair again when she reunites her with Jillian? It's not to subdue her - the effects would have long since worn off.
I'm sure that all has a sensible explanation, but it's eluding me right now. It seems as though all Faq will have to do to save Jillian is to get her away from the Buds?