Brother Labeler

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Brother Labeler

Postby Shai_hulud » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:04 pm

Why is "Brother" Labeler a woman? Does she not like language that "Labels" someone, or is "she" secretly a he/both? I suspected she was Labeler since we first saw her, but was unsure due to gender. Now we can tell for sure that she is in fact the last caster, and I need answers. For the wiki, not secret transgender slash fiction. Obviously.

For the record:
First appearance of the unnamed court member. Left of Marie in image.
Shown on the jury in Haffaton. Second from right of image, between Adderall Hawk and partially obscured caster (assumed to be Moothfott)
List of Faq casters. Note that all then current Faq casters have faces connected to names, except this unnamed caster and Labeler.

Edit* Added Links.
Shai_hulud
Pins Supporter!
Pins Supporter!

Re: Brother Labeler

Postby Shai_hulud » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:35 pm

Sister Betsy leaned and whispered something to Brother Labeler, who shook his head. Marie stared straight at Wanda, her lips pressed together tensely.
Arglbrgl I have no idea who is who now. Either the faces on the wiki are all wrong, the unseen caster is Labeler, or that was one hell of a lean...
Any thoughts?
Shai_hulud
Pins Supporter!
Pins Supporter!

Postby drachefly » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:55 am

Based on what have we identified glasses-guy as Adderall Hawk?

Still, we're left with a gender imbalance. Hmm.
drachefly

Postby Whispri » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:57 am

drachefly wrote:Based on what have we identified glasses-guy as Adderall Hawk?

He adjusts his spectacles in text at one point as I recall.
Whispri
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Shai_hulud » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:12 pm

Whispri wrote:
drachefly wrote:Based on what have we identified glasses-guy as Adderall Hawk?

He adjusts his spectacles in text at one point as I recall.
Here's the information plus some context, glasses line in blue:
King Banhammer, who carried no scepter, smacked the flat of his palm on the table once. The room quickly fell silent once more, although in silent, seething outrage this time. He turned to Adderall Hawk, who was seated beside Marie.

“Is it possible?”

The Mathamancer straightened, suddenly called to his primary Duty for the first time in uncounted turns. Most Mathamancers do nothing but calculate battle odds. Add seemed taken well off-guard.

He pushed his spectacles up the bridge of his nose. “Possible? Oh... certainly. We were sending out our forces with the plan of capturing a capital, on the theory that the Princess could find one with poor air defenses. If Haffaton could be caught off guard, then its defenses would likely be as weak as anywhere else.”
As we can see from the picture, there is only one spectacle wearing unit sitting next to Marie. So there's one we know for sure. Going to have to go through and recheck ALL these people I think now.

Edit* Gonna make a list as I check them off.
Hawk: See above. Correct face on wiki.
Marie: See book 2. Was never in question. Correct face on wiki.
Jack: See book 1. Never an issue either. Correct face on wiki.
Rusty: First mentioned here. First seen here. Again, not really in question. Correct face on wiki.
Orwell: First Seen behind Jack here. Seen again multiple times after. without a doubt here. Correct face on wiki.
Betsy: We hear her mentioned multiple times, but we never see an explicit mention of her name along with a face. She is mentioned along with Marie here, so it seems to be assumed that she is the woman standing by Marie, but this is never actually clarified. She is also mentioned talking to Jack here, but the woman sitting next to him, while certainly a caster, is not actually stated to be Betsy.
Moothfott: First talked about here. Assumed by wiki to be man to right hand side of king. Not seen anywhere else. See note 2. Also, importantly not shown here in the line up.
Labeler: Mentioned multiple times, but never in a place where we can see him.

Note 2:
Moothfott the Moneymancer stood at the right hand of King Banhammer, of course.

So yeah, pretty sure the faces are about right, except for the two mystery ladies, one of whom might be a trap. :|
Edit* Maybe I'm wrong and that's not a woman, just an extremely effeminate man? In retrospect she doesn't look all that much different than a cross between young Jack and Cubbins might. It's the waist that's making me say girl.
Shai_hulud
Pins Supporter!
Pins Supporter!

Return to Everything Else Erfworld