Stupid Caster Tricks

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Re: Stupid Caster Tricks

Postby TokraZeno » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:29 am

I wonder if a hat magician can 'bug' a hat so that all messages sent/recieved are sent to an additional hat.
TokraZeno

Postby Selexor » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:21 pm

If we're talking Trimancer linkups, then I'd have two options.

Dirtamancer-Thinkamancer-Healomancer: Might create Golems or base defences with regeneration abilities, or create a power-boosted Dirtamancer with near-unlimited Juice. Other possible options as well, depending on how you want to play it. Either way you'd be looking at a powerful base defence force, just about impossible to break through. And you'd be sending out some seriously tough golems with your forces, units with (I think) zero upkeep that could seriously bolster your armies.

Foolamancer-Thinkamancer-Signamancer: The Foolamancer can make things appear however he wants them to. The Signamancer causes appearances to take on significant meaning. So, if the Foolamancer creates an illusion, the Signamancer makes the illusion real, for as long as the spell lasts. Foolamancer turns the city invisible? Thanks to the Signamancer, the city is literally no longer there from the enemy side's perspective, creating an unbreakable veil. Foolamancer conjures up an image of five hundred archers on the wall? Signamancer causes there to actually be five hundred archers on the wall shooting at the enemy. Serious gamebreaking potential, though again, only really as base defence, since illusions require the caster to be in the same hex, and I doubt you'd send a Trimancer linkup into the field.

Though if we're talking individual Caster tricks, the one the I think intrigues me most is a Findamancer. What exactly can they do? Maybe the Caster does the rounds of a city and "finds" more things in the vaults, butcheries, and so on. Maybe you send him out into the hexes adjoining the cities, and he "finds" gems or animals that can be harvested for food, enemy scouts, barbarian units that can be captured or turned. Maybe you want to know where the enemy forces are hiding, so you get him to look at a map and guess where he thinks they are, and he'll "find" them.
But of course that's just my opinion.
Selexor

Postby conmor » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:18 am

dirt/dirt make a REALLY big golem. half as tall as a fountain or so. would it be capable of changing terrain? just by attacking a river or a mountain?
shock/shock kill everyone in a given hex. if done as scroll and cast by look then can be done by hexes away. sniper volcano explosion.
conmor

Postby GWvsJohn » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:38 am

Not to poke the bear, but is there a reason you keep reviving 2 year old threads?
GWvsJohn

Postby conmor » Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:31 am

the post is 3 years old. also I didn't see the timestamp. hard to find current ones.
conmor

Postby Silversought » Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:59 am

conmor wrote:the post is 3 years old. also I didn't see the timestamp. hard to find current ones.

The, ah, current threads are at the top of the list on the first page. The latest post is timestamped on the right column. lol
Silversought

Postby conmor » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:41 am

you lol me?!?!?!?!? i lol you!!!!! lololololololololololololololol tra la la fhweruhufvbh8aeo loolololololololololololollooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
conmor

Postby Justyn » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:54 am

conmor wrote:you lol me?!?!?!?!? i lol you!!!!! lololololololololololololololol tra la la fhweruhufvbh8aeo loolololololololololololollooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Conmor, behave yourself. There aren't any rules against reviving old threads, but it's generally considered to be in bad taste.
If I am acting as a mod, you will know it.
Justyn
Tool + YOTD + Pins Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby conmor » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:53 pm

i am looking through the archives and trying to find subjects that interest me.
conmor

Postby Alpha the White » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:59 pm

conmor wrote:i am looking through the archives and trying to find subjects that interest me.

I'd say resurrecting old threads isn't as bad as resurrecting them and then talking down to their conclusions because you didn't bother to check the dates.

Uncroaking a thread is considered bad form, but really the worst you'll get is a little teasing.
Uncroaking a thread and then ignoring the fact you did so will get you yelled at.

So I'd say pay more attention to the dates and you'll be alright.

You'll still get teased, though.
Alpha the White

Postby conmor » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:02 pm

i posted a reply to this thread pretty much the same day that i actually made an account for the forums. i didn't see the time stamp.
conmor

Postby drachefly » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:30 pm

Uncroaking a thread is fine if you have something really new and insightful to add to it. Think of uncroaking a thread with the same seriousness as starting a new one.
drachefly
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Previous

Return to Everything Else Erfworld