Stupid Caster Tricks

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Re: Stupid Caster Tricks

Postby Welf von Ehrwald » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:19 pm

Moneymancy & Luckamancy
Buy units with really good rolls for their stats.

Schockamancy & Luckamancy
Create save-or-die spells. And expect really bad rolls.
I love uncroaked Dora. I love an anonymous friend even more.

Only one man has understood me, and even he has not!
Welf von Ehrwald

Postby charles » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:18 pm

possible croakamancer powers:

Dead arm - Disables a unit from attacking but not defending (better yet, the arm attacks the owner and must be cut off and replaced by a chainsaw :twisted:)
DeadAIM - allows long distance communication through undead/decrypted units.
Dead as the Dodo - possibly require a linkup but croaks all units of a particular non-humanoid race in a hex.
Dead badger - poison gass trap set by croakamancer. (extra bad when a crap goelm is involved)
Dead beat - prevent/disable leadership bonuses from a warlord.
Dead Man Walking - Random chance of the affected unit dying at the beginning of any turn.
Dead Possum - Fake death - possibly require link with foolamancer possibly something they can only pull on themselves.
Dead Silence - Complete lack of noise in a hex,
Kill or be killed - Kill a friendly unit to prevent your own death or simply heal yourself.
Death Wish - Units attack stats are increased but defense weakened or they die at the end of turn.
charles
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby opal » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:17 pm

Proposed powers

Weirdomancy: Create a vehicle, a object with move. So an item, like Ansom's carpet, can act as a mount.
opal

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:40 pm

Effing magic.

Here's another weird trick: Von Neumann Vehicle: an object with Move and Fabrication, so that when it stops, it can create another object with Move and Fabrication.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Agarwaen » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:02 am

Arkendish empowered Thinkamancy + Healomancy + Date-a-mancy = get Wanda and Jillian back together :D
Hat Magic = Teleportation
Thinkamancy + Dirtamancy + Hat Magic = Switch two entire hexes.
Wierdomancy = Messing with Erfworld's "relative" time
Like making it impossible for two different groups to attack the hex the Wierdomancer is in at the same time.
Agarwaen

Postby DarcDiscordia » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:41 pm

Dollamancy + Shockmancy + Mathamancy = Robots!
DarcDiscordia

Postby Thunder » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:39 pm

need a thinkamancer to link and four cant even be done
I live up in the land of ice and snow, where the hot springs blow, from the city which rhymes with fun.
do you know from whence i hail?
Thunder

Postby DarcDiscordia » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:14 pm

Ah, oops. I mean Thinkamancy instead of Mathamancy- I had Mathamancy on the brain for some reason.
DarcDiscordia

Postby ftl » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:34 pm

How would robots be different from golems?
ftl
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Thunder » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:00 pm

id imagine the robots would be made of metal and thus having a higher defense stat then say flesh or cloth
I live up in the land of ice and snow, where the hot springs blow, from the city which rhymes with fun.
Thunder

Postby ftl » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:16 pm

Thunder wrote:id imagine the robots would be made of metal and thus having a higher defense stat then say flesh or cloth

http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/ ... etal_Golem
ftl
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Thunder » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:34 am

seems that what i said was corect then no?
Thunder

Postby ftl » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:10 am

Well, I pointed out that robots wouldn't be any different from golems, and pointed out a golem that already had the properties that you ascribed to a robot.

(Also, it was made by a Dirtamancer, not any of the previously mentioned casters.)

I thought you were disagreeing with at least one of those; if not, well, then we agree.
ftl
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby DarcDiscordia » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:34 am

I'd imagine the robots would be functionally identical to Metal Golems, just able to be made without Dirtamancy.
DarcDiscordia

Postby Thunder » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:43 pm

Yah no i agree with the same as metel golems, seems so far that the only difference is that because they are created with shockamancy they would have some additional offensive abilities.

also they get a bonus special because their robots :)
Thunder

Postby splintermute » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:55 pm

Some golems seem to have natural shockamancy.
splintermute

Postby kriss » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:38 pm

Ok, new member, and I'm entering this thread as my first official post. Mark it well.

Here's my combo, Think+Dito+Fool.

Foolamancer : Makes images and can provide bonuses from deception. Know tricks include disguise, invisibility, and false objects.

Ditomancer: Can double command and caster bonuses, as well as produce duplicates of missile fire attacks. May be able to duplicate other simple objects.

Now then, this seems an odd combo, but the trick isn't to generalize the use, but focus. Specificly, create a duplicate of your Chief Warlord. Not an illusionary double, a duplicate, useing Ditomancy to copy over the stats to an image created by the Foolamancer, and the image is made solid by the combination focusing mostly on the Dittomancys ability to create coppies of physical objects. So now you have 2 Chief Warlords with all the bonuses therein. Send off the copy with a good sized unit off on a support mission, like say a tunnle attack, while the real CW leads the main forces to attack the walls. With 2 CWs, thier leadership bonus will pump things up drasticly by thier mear presence. Stick both in a stack with a few eliete heavies with them, each CW granting thier unit thier full leadership bonus, plus giving thier copy a leadership bonus, and idealy you'd have the equivilant of a whole unit of CWs lead by two Overlords attacking. If not then it would probably be just Warlords lead by CWs, which is still impressive.
I think therefore I am. This leaves you in a bad spot.

Army inteligence is sadly an oximoron these days. And no General, I did not just call you a cow.

I cut myself shaving with Occam's razor.
kriss

Postby Thunder » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:52 pm

if what you said works, i think you'd be way better off copying casters, they seem like a much much more powerful unit
Thunder

Postby ftl » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:55 pm

Thunder wrote:if what you said works, i think you'd be way better off copying casters, they seem like a much much more powerful unit

Sounds like an exploit to me.

Dittomancer to dittomancer to dittomancer to dittomancer to ... to dittomancer to C-C-C-C-Combo-breaker!

Infinite decoys! ...but if one of them croaks, then the doppleganger that that dittomancer created will also vanish, and so on and so forth. But hey! It's an absolutely hilarious way to create the appearance of a giant army without the use of a foolamancer!
ftl
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby kriss » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:35 pm

Thunder wrote:if what you said works, i think you'd be way better off copying casters, they seem like a much much more powerful unit

Except casters can't give bonuses to each other, and can only give bonuses to specific compatable units. I suppose if you doubled a dollomancer with clothgolems it would also be strong, but casters aren't as surviable in direct combat. Thats why I recomended the CW trick. You can easily 'pump up the volume' so to speak, getting a lo more bang for your buck, especialy if it's a strong one like Ceaser or a Jetstone Prince, or even a certain hotheaded Queen.
I think therefore I am. This leaves you in a bad spot.

Army inteligence is sadly an oximoron these days. And no General, I did not just call you a cow.

I cut myself shaving with Occam's razor.
kriss

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Else Erfworld