Stupid Caster Tricks

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Re: Stupid Caster Tricks

Postby Thunder » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:59 pm

well you could just copy shockmancers and blast everything into oblivion

it seems like each caster has some offensive spell but id imagine a schockamancer would be more potent
I live up in the land of ice and snow, where the hot springs blow, from the city which rhymes with fun.
do you know from whence i hail?
Thunder

Postby kriss » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am

Good point, double blasts, stuns, and other status effect output for the same cost, maybe throw in an unliked dittomancer to enchance the blasts by creating coppies of them, heck throw in a duplicate of the unlinked ditomancer if you can and really go to town on blast vollies. My combo idea may have more potential than I realized. It would all depend on how manny duplicates you could maintain, and for how long.... :twisted:
I think therefore I am. This leaves you in a bad spot.

Army inteligence is sadly an oximoron these days. And no General, I did not just call you a cow.

I cut myself shaving with Occam's razor.
kriss

Postby Thunder » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:28 am

i gota say though i think a ditomancer can only copy simple objects not complex substances (like the terminator)
I live up in the land of ice and snow, where the hot springs blow, from the city which rhymes with fun.
Thunder

Postby kriss » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:02 am

Thunder wrote:i gota say though i think a ditomancer can only copy simple objects not complex substances (like the terminator)

Which is why you need the Foolamancer, and who said the duplicate had to be complex? It just looks like and has the stats of the origional. It could be a compleatly empty shell the Dittomancer is making, but with the Foolamancer to bend the rules of how 'real' it is, especialy if it has stats, THATS what enables it to work.

Army inteligence is sadly an oximoron these days. And no General, I did not just call you a cow.

kriss

Postby Thunder » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:15 pm

but if all it does is look real, it couldn't make attacks. a foolamancer could create a very lifelike illusion but thats it, if you wanted to have a unit do more then look scary and take up the enemys time slicing it then youd need more then a foolamancer, although having an imaginary army would in itself be usefull, soak up enemy attacks while allowing for your real units to surprise attack them
Thunder

Postby kriss » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:18 pm

Thunder wrote:but if all it does is look real, it couldn't make attacks. a foolamancer could create a very lifelike illusion but thats it, if you wanted to have a unit do more then look scary and take up the enemys time slicing it then youd need more then a foolamancer, although having an imaginary army would in itself be usefull, soak up enemy attacks while allowing for your real units to surprise attack them

Once again, Foolamancer gives it shape, Dittomancer gives it SUBSTANCE. It's not a fake, it's real. That's the whole cavet of it, that's the reason for the link between them. Make a double REAL.

kriss

Postby Welf von Ehrwald » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:50 pm

Healomancer + Thinkamancer + Moneymancer

Convert schmuckers into hitpoints. Basically you just need one day with the link and make many many scrolls.

A healomancer can heal hitpoints, casters can share juice in a link, so why not making juice-refilling scrolls? And why not convert schmuckers into juice? With 30 or 40 (or more) of these in stock a single caster can spend a dozens turns juice within one day. Enough to turn around a decisive battle 4 times.
I love uncroaked Dora. I love an anonymous friend even more.

Only one man has understood me, and even he has not!
Welf von Ehrwald

Postby kriss » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:18 pm

Do we even need to list thinkamancer for our links anymore? I realy don't think so.

Shockamancer + Moneymancer = THE ENEMIES ECONOMY IS COLLAPSING!

kriss

Postby HTB » Wed May 12, 2010 4:00 am

Got one.

Thinkamancer+Thinkamancer+Thinkamancer

DoS attack the enemy leadership:

Scanners style head explosions.

Make all enemy troops into vegetables.
Orbital Nuclear Strike Detected.
HTB

Postby kriss » Sat May 15, 2010 8:19 pm

Shockamancer + Rhym-omancer = I CAN'T GET THIS STUPID SONG OUT OF MY HEAD!

kriss

Postby gazes_also » Mon May 17, 2010 10:09 am

kriss wrote:Do we even need to list thinkamancer for our links anymore? I realy don't think so.

Shockamancer + Moneymancer = THE ENEMIES ECONOMY IS COLLAPSING!

Find a Moneymancer named Morgan to work with Stanley and this is quite achievable.
gazes_also
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby Welf von Ehrwald » Tue May 18, 2010 3:51 pm

Findamancer + Dirtamancer
Create a legion of Golems that can mine every gem out of a whole mountain within turns.

Welf von Ehrwald

Postby Welf von Ehrwald » Wed May 19, 2010 6:24 am

Findamancer + Mathamancer (or Predictamancer)

You can set your troops on autopilot let the trimancer move them over the map. They will always be at the right time at the right place to find your enemies weak point.

Welf von Ehrwald

Postby The Black Hand » Sat May 22, 2010 7:44 pm

Eyemancer + Foolamancer - The Eyemancer's there to provide intel - as I recall, a Trimancer Link with an Eyemancer involved allows you to see where every unit on the battlefield is, both allied and hostile (much like the Spy Satellite did in Command & Conquer: Red Alert). What else could it do? Well . . .

Decoy Army: Make it seem like you have troops near enemy forces and/or cities when they're actually two or more turns away. (Or, maybe, make it look like your armies are far away when they're actually on your enemy's doorstep - very Sun Tzu, that.)

Cloaking Field: Make it look like you have no armies. (You do, they're just hidden under a "nothing to see here, move along" Foolamancy veil).
The strength of our future lies in our past.
-VNV Nation

There is no instance of a nation benefiting from prolonged warfare.
-Sun-tzu, The Art of War
The Black Hand

Postby splintermute » Sun May 23, 2010 5:52 pm

The Black Hand wrote:Eyemancer + Foolamancer - The Eyemancer's there to provide intel - as I recall, a Trimancer Link with an Eyemancer involved allows you to see where every unit on the battlefield is, both allied and hostile (much like the Spy Satellite did in Command & Conquer: Red Alert). What else could it do? Well . . .

Decoy Army: Make it seem like you have troops near enemy forces and/or cities when they're actually two or more turns away. (Or, maybe, make it look like your armies are far away when they're actually on your enemy's doorstep - very Sun Tzu, that.)

Cloaking Field: Make it look like you have no armies. (You do, they're just hidden under a "nothing to see here, move along" Foolamancy veil).

We already had this combo. Maybe Stanley didn't think of using them this way, or perhaps they just weren't capable of it.
splintermute

Postby Welf von Ehrwald » Mon May 24, 2010 8:02 am

splintermute wrote:
The Black Hand wrote:Eyemancer + Foolamancer - The Eyemancer's there to provide intel - as I recall, a Trimancer Link with an Eyemancer involved allows you to see where every unit on the battlefield is, both allied and hostile (much like the Spy Satellite did in Command & Conquer: Red Alert). What else could it do? Well . . .

We already had this combo. Maybe Stanley didn't think of using them this way, or perhaps they just weren't capable of it.

probably the latter, Sizemore told Parson that they needed the foolamancer in the veiled stack.

Welf von Ehrwald

Postby Arkenbomb » Tue May 25, 2010 4:06 am

Healomancer + Croakamancer = True Ressurection

Changeamancer + Predictimancer = Changeing the future

Findamancy, or Lookamancy + Shockamancy = Peeping Tom

Shockamancy + Croakamancy = Necrophilia?

Moneymancy + Dittomancy = Forgery!

Predictimancy + Foolamancy = showing others the future instead of just telling them

Findamancy + Date-a-Mancy =....a dateing service?(natural moneymancy?)
Arkenbomb

Postby DarcDiscordia » Sun May 30, 2010 1:09 pm

Maybe Stuffamancy + Shockmancy could be used to create some sort of power armor, a la Warhammer 40k. Though not nearly as ridiculous-looking.
DarcDiscordia

Postby Arkenbomb » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:45 am

DarcDiscordia wrote:Maybe Stuffamancy + Shockmancy could be used to create some sort of power armor, a la Warhammer 40k. Though not nearly as ridiculous-looking.

Hate to be a buzzkill my friend but from the shockamancy scrolls that everyone's favorate dirtamancer used it can greatly be assumed that Shockamancy isn't electrisity, and is instead things that will 'shock' you mentally, like the horrible horrible NSFW things that come from the bowels of hell, AKA 4chan. soooo Stuffamancy + Shockamancy is more likely to end in sex toys, or something similer. Maybe a pedobear plush toy.

Edit:I just got a HORRIBLE idea, Shockamancy + Dollamancy = Pedobear Golems!
Last edited by Arkenbomb on Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arkenbomb

Postby HTB » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:53 pm

Arkenbomb wrote: Maybe a pedobear plush toy.

Oh...oh god.

My brain is full of fuck. God, that would be... horrible.
Orbital Nuclear Strike Detected.
HTB

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Else Erfworld