Would Anyone Want Pics Tagged In the Wiki?

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Would Anyone Want Pics Tagged In the Wiki?

Postby No one in particular » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:33 pm

So, I'm starting to get some free time again and was thinking about the ErfWiki. Sure, I should probably get back to work cataloguing Character First Appearances, Predictions, and Quotes about Magic... but you know what sounds better?

Tagging all the images on the wiki with who's in them, so people can find every visual appearance of a character! :D

I figure something like a section at the end of Unit articles called "Source References", right above "Real Life References", linking to a new page with thumbnails of tagged images.

Would this be helpful? Should I get started? Or should I finish collecting in-story explanations for how magic booping works first?
"Are you always so pessimistic?"
"Not at all. I saved it for my last battle."
---
Got questions? Ask Count Downer!
No one in particular

Re: Would Anyone Want Pics Tagged In the Wiki?

Postby Lilwik » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:50 pm

No one in particular wrote:Or should I finish collecting in-story explanations for how magic booping works first?
Personally I think the way that magic works is the most fascinating mystery of Erfworld. It seems so regular, so organized and systematic with its axes and grid. I'm sure there must be rules which could be used to extrapolate things about Erfworld magic that we haven't yet seen, if only we can figure out what those rules are. The collection of magic quotes is a wonderful resource in the challenge of trying to discover the secrets of Erfworld magic.

Aside from that, a listing of each character's every appearance would be useful, but something smaller that the wiki needs even more is citations for all of the wiki's facts. If you are going to be reading through the comic and editing the wiki, perhaps you could make note of all the places where various things are proven about Erfworld and add them as citations on the relevant pages. Not everything that is represented in the wiki is necessarily true, and when doubts arise it can be a difficult task to find proof because so many pages have no citations to back up the facts.
Lilwik

Postby Taikei no Yuurei » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:24 pm

I think the picture tags would be super useful for the lesser characters, but many of the major players are just going to list 50% of the comic, so I'd say don't worry about them nearly as much, or in them try and categorize it just a bit. (Wanda in different outfits for example)
Taikei no Yuurei
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby No one in particular » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:43 pm

Hmm, yeah...

Galleries, maybe. "Minor Characters" and "Choice Moments - [major character]"... I'll have to remember to get that started (or keep suggesting it until someone from the forums wants to help...)

In other news, I've finished getting all the individual panels sorted out for LIAB. That was fun.
---
No one in particular

Postby No one in particular » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:32 am

So... yeah. I've gone ahead and started tagging pics and panels.

I'm a long way from done, but you can see what I've got so far here: Galleries!

If anyone else wants to get in on this, the wiki IS open to the community to edit... the more the merrier... it's so lonely over there...
---
No one in particular

Postby Shai_hulud » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:59 am

I am bad at wiki formatting!
Shai_hulud
Pins Supporter!
Pins Supporter!

Return to Everything Else Erfworld