Who/What would you like to see a reference to?

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Re: Who/What would you like to see a reference to?

Postby jbevermore » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:25 am

I'll admit the Bioshock thing would be cool, but kinda heavy handed. Plus the appearance would be kinda hard to fit into erfdom as iconic as the Big Daddies are.

Still fishing for a Doctor Who reference myself. Unless there's already been one and I just read right over it.
jbevermore

Postby Taikei no Yuurei » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:41 am

I might do a bioshock themed side if I ever get into another forum game.
Taikei no Yuurei
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Lipkin » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:47 am

jbevermore wrote:I'll admit the Bioshock thing would be cool, but kinda heavy handed. Plus the appearance would be kinda hard to fit into erfdom as iconic as the Big Daddies are.

Still fishing for a Doctor Who reference myself. Unless there's already been one and I just read right over it.

Besides the Dalek crap golem?

http://www.erfworld.com/book-1-archive/?px=%2F053.jpg
Lipkin
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby ╒╦╧╬╩╦╦╛ » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:03 pm

And Goodminton's crest which is basically saint-dalek. And wasn't there one of the doctor in portal park at some point?
3 Naughtymancers of different disciplines walk into a bar... wait, forget what I just said. A shockmancer and a croakamancer walk into a bar.
╒╦╧╬╩╦╦╛

Postby jbevermore » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:11 pm

Lipkin wrote:
jbevermore wrote:I'll admit the Bioshock thing would be cool, but kinda heavy handed. Plus the appearance would be kinda hard to fit into erfdom as iconic as the Big Daddies are.

Besides the Dalek crap golem?

http://www.erfworld.com/book-1-archive/?px=%2F053.jpg

Haha, holy crap (pun intended).

I really did miss that. That's awesome.
jbevermore

Postby spriteless » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:06 pm

Tomb Raider would be nice. Just a unit with a couple of guns and a penchant for climbing/spelunking, in a side near some ruins that it searches for treasure regularly. If we see her long enough to get damaged, her signamancy could change to resemble Laura's newest incarnation, too.
T'was a splendidly speedy defection.
spriteless

Postby ╒╦╧╬╩╦╦╛ » Thu May 01, 2014 1:09 am

Sgt. Larvelle Jones, for a sound based foolamancer... too old a reference maybe?
Last edited by ╒╦╧╬╩╦╦╛ on Fri May 09, 2014 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3 Naughtymancers of different disciplines walk into a bar... wait, forget what I just said. A shockmancer and a croakamancer walk into a bar.
╒╦╧╬╩╦╦╛

Postby Lipkin » Thu May 01, 2014 6:44 am

╒╦╧╬╩╦╦╛ wrote:And Goodminton's crest which is basically saint-dalek. And wasn't there one of the doctor in portal park at some point?

If by a Dalek you mean an upside down ( which is to say, inverted) badminton shuttlecock.

And I just skimmed through all the pages with portal park. No Doctor sightings, though I wish it were otherwise.
Lipkin

Postby ╒╦╧╬╩╦╦╛ » Thu May 01, 2014 9:28 pm

Lipkin wrote:
╒╦╧╬╩╦╦╛ wrote:And Goodminton's crest which is basically saint-dalek. And wasn't there one of the doctor in portal park at some point?

If by a Dalek you mean an upside down ( which is to say, inverted) badminton shuttlecock.

And I just skimmed through all the pages with portal park. No Doctor sightings, though I wish it were otherwise.

Awww... really? I thought their crest could possibly be both at the same time... and...

Double-awww for the absence of the doctor in portal park.
╒╦╧╬╩╦╦╛

Postby Mrtyuh » Fri May 02, 2014 3:52 am

Well, Rob stated during the recent Kickstarter that if he commented on Doctor Who, it would take the form of an unpopular opinion puffin, so I don't think he's much of a fan. He may include references just because it's part of popular culture, but there are probably a lot of things higher on his list. Still, if the right opportunity arose....
मृत्युः सर्वहरश्चाहमुद्भवश्च भविष्यताम् ।
Mrtyuh
Tool + YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Lipkin » Fri May 02, 2014 5:32 am

Mrtyuh wrote:Well, Rob stated during the recent Kickstarter that if he commented on Doctor Who, it would take the form of an unpopular opinion puffin, so I don't think he's much of a fan. He may include references just because it's part of popular culture, but there are probably a lot of things higher on his list. Still, if the right opportunity arose....

Now I'm wondering if the Dalek included among the crap was more of a commentary than easter egg. Makes me wonder about his feelings about Sluggy Freelance.
Lipkin

Postby wih » Fri May 02, 2014 6:22 am

Lipkin wrote:
Mrtyuh wrote:Well, Rob stated during the recent Kickstarter that if he commented on Doctor Who, it would take the form of an unpopular opinion puffin, so I don't think he's much of a fan. He may include references just because it's part of popular culture, but there are probably a lot of things higher on his list. Still, if the right opportunity arose....

Now I'm wondering if the Dalek included among the crap was more of a commentary than easter egg. Makes me wonder about his feelings about Sluggy Freelance.

May have been Jamie's influence, rather than Rob's.
wih

Postby drachefly » Thu May 08, 2014 11:34 am

Lipkin wrote:

Sluggy? I don't see anyone from Sluggy there, but I do see a Schlock (no, not Dr. Schlock, Sgt. Schlock). But he's a shoo-in. The comic has even called him that.
drachefly

Postby Lipkin » Thu May 08, 2014 9:46 pm

drachefly wrote:
Lipkin wrote:

Sluggy? I don't see anyone from Sluggy there, but I do see a Schlock (no, not Dr. Schlock, Sgt. Schlock). But he's a shoo-in. The comic has even called him that.

Brain fart, yeah. Meant Schlock. Not a reader, and both names sound like a pile of goop.
Lipkin

Postby ╒╦╧╬╩╦╦╛ » Wed May 14, 2014 1:11 am

Would "Vermin Supreme" be a good candidate for a hat magician?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vermin_Supreme
╒╦╧╬╩╦╦╛

Postby Keighvin1 » Wed May 14, 2014 1:29 am

How about an overlord named Weber whose side has a Signamancer, and together they have published a number of books, including a history of his side that was supposed to be one book but has become seven volumes and keeps going.
Keighvin1
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby ManaCaster » Fri May 16, 2014 12:53 am

How about Universe City, or Caster Nation?
ManaCaster

Postby Shai_hulud » Fri May 16, 2014 5:39 pm

Gaia's Stepladders? Sorry.
Shai_hulud
Pins Supporter!
Pins Supporter!

Previous

Return to Everything Else Erfworld