Status/Popularity of Each Magic Branch

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Re: Status/Popularity of Each Magic Branch

Postby Lilwik » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:56 am

Sir Shadow wrote:It's been stated by a predictamancer that if fate has no plans for you, there could be nothing much to see.
I think you're talking about Delphie Temple and Goodminton. I expect she was talking about big plans, not little everyday sorts of things. As a Predictamancer she could see where enemy units would dodge to help her aim where they were going to be, and she could see the relationship between Clay and Wanda coming. She can see little things coming as well as important things.

Sir Shadow wrote:I think they also fall under cryptically useless like a lot of fortune tellers in tales. Unless what you're asking is very specific you won't get an answer you understand, or you might not get one at all.
When have we ever heard of a Predictamancer saying anything cryptic? Every Prediction that I can think of has been a clear statement that came true in exactly the way that one would expect from hearing the Prediction. Wanda was Predicted to serve under Olive. People may have tried to weasel that Prediction by getting Olive to turn, but no, it still happened exactly the way you would expect, Wanda captured by Haffaton. Jilian was Predicted to kill the ruler of Haffaton, and she did. It wasn't the ruler of another side that happened to share the same name, or any other kind of trickery. Parson was Predicted to go through the Spacerock portal, and he did.
Lilwik

Postby 0beron » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:32 am

Lilwik wrote:
Sir Shadow wrote:It's been stated by a predictamancer that if fate has no plans for you, there could be nothing much to see.
I think you're talking about Delphie Temple and Goodminton. I expect she was talking about big plans, not little everyday sorts of things. As a Predictamancer she could see where enemy units would dodge to help her aim where they were going to be, and she could see the relationship between Clay and Wanda coming. She can see little things coming as well as important things.
This backs up Shadow's point actually...he said there could be "nothing much to see." She can see a few seconds into the future for dodging and the like, but unless the unit has a Fate, she can't see farther forward to anything significant, because they themselves aren't significant.
As for the "relationship" between Clay and Wanda....for one I think that's a stretch. It was wholy one-sided, and IIRC Delphi never actually said she saw it coming, she just warned Wanda "Clay is my man", which you don't have to be a Predictamancer to want to say. However, even if she did genuinely Predict it (and decided to ignore the fact that it was one-sided and give the warning anyway), that still doesn't violate Shadow's point, because Wanda definitely has a Fate, and Clay may have as well.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby wih » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:53 pm

Remember back to the Predictamancy + Luckamancy discussion with Clay (predict the important battles, do something about them).
FAQ made great use of predictions to properly utilise their Foolamancy.
Predictamancy doens't seem too useful on it's own, but it can be used to give information to power your other abilities, and knowledge is power.
wih

Previous

Return to Everything Else Erfworld