What to do with 2000 defective copies of B2, I3

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Re: What to do with 2000 defective copies of B2, I3

Postby Miryafa » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:01 pm

List them in a hobby store for double the price.
Miryafa

Postby bldysabba » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:29 pm

Sign and gift a few to Patrick Rothfuss' Worldbuilders charity. They have a book lottery where everyone donating gets a chance to win books from the lottery. Build awareness for erfworld, and do good at the same time.
bldysabba

Postby ftl » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:23 am

bldysabba wrote:Sign and gift a few to Patrick Rothfuss' Worldbuilders charity. They have a book lottery where everyone donating gets a chance to win books from the lottery. Build awareness for erfworld, and do good at the same time.

That's something to do with *good* copies, not defective ones. Don't give out defective copies to people who don't already know Erfworld and deliberately want defective copies.
ftl
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Arky » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:01 am

Just one page duplicated? Bah. Obviously you don't want to put them in the store cheap- people WOULD buy them instead of the proper copy (I mean, one page? You can put up looking at the website version of the comic for one page). But keep them around. Use them as prizes, at cons and stuff. And when the full version is sold out, you could make some of the defective ones available if you didn't think there was enough demand to reprint.

Here was I thinking "unsellable" meant there was accidentally something really gross in there which could not be allowed to see the light of day on an Erfworld page lest it end up on Fox as "Erfworld proves that webcomic creators are Nazi sympathisers" or something like that.
Arky
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Keldaria » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:57 pm

Arky wrote:Just one page duplicated? Bah. Obviously you don't want to put them in the store cheap- people WOULD buy them instead of the proper copy (I mean, one page? You can put up looking at the website version of the comic for one page). But keep them around. Use them as prizes, at cons and stuff. And when the full version is sold out, you could make some of the defective ones available if you didn't think there was enough demand to reprint.

Here was I thinking "unsellable" meant there was accidentally something really gross in there which could not be allowed to see the light of day on an Erfworld page lest it end up on Fox as "Erfworld proves that webcomic creators are Nazi sympathisers" or something like that.

Me too, that's not exactly what I would consider un-sellable but I do understand why he wouldn't want to charge full price for missprints to customers and why he wouldn't want to sell them cheaper because nobody would buy the correct version. Essentially its a catch 22.

If its just a 1 page duplication, I'd offer them as bonus copies to anyone already buying a copy of the book. Have a bunch of stickers made up saying "OPPS - we misprinted these so we're giving them away as bonus copies for you to give away to a friend", and apply 1 to each misprints cover to avoid confusion. Then buyers who buy 1 will essentially get a second for free allowing them to give a copy away to someone else, perhaps getting a new erfworld follower out of the process. The buyers can also choose which copy they want to keep for themselves, for people like me I wouldn't care about a duplicated page, but others might. The cost of shipping 2 copies vs 1 really shouldn't be that different anyways so I wouldn't expect the cost of doing this to go up much aside from the sticker production.
Keldaria

Previous

Return to Everything Else Erfworld