Crush is Scrofula's son

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Crush is Scrofula's son

Postby Dox » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:20 pm

...somehow.

1. Why would Scrofula risk the element of surprise for his entire plan on a gamble to turn an enemy warlord? Especially one he's never met?
2. Why did Crush's natural signamancy have him named Crush? It's very similar in theme to Axe and Racket.
3. Why has Scrofula suddenly tried this defection at all? It doesn't seem to gain him much, even if Bullyclub were being straight with him.
4. And why so soon after Racket's death?

I'm not sure Dunkin has given Crush an entirely accurate, un-biased idea of what the really situation is.

I'm not really sure how parenthood works in Erfworld (the only comparable situation I can think of is Jillian and Vinnie), so I'm not really sure what this entails.
Dox

Re: Crush is Scrofula's son

Postby 0beron » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:54 pm

Eh....since we definitely haven't seen Jillian's heir pop yet, we have no idea if Vinnie actually is influencing it at all, so it's hard to say. But I would hazard a guess that if there is a way to influence, it would have to be more deliberate/connected. Vinnie spends much of his time with Jillian, and in FAQ City. He is also in the formal position of being envoy to FAQ.
Scroffula and Queen Post are merely allies who seem to spend no time together, living in and ruling their respective sides.
Plus, it has a little too much of a "Luke I am you father" ring to it, and I'm not sure Rob is really THAT cheesy.
I think the King is just a lil crazy and acting irrationally. Maybe he felt threatened by Racket's intelligence and feared a coup, but then once Racket was gone he realized he needed that brain so instead he turned to the next best resource, one he could make use of without it being an Heir who can threaten him.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Dox » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:57 pm

I'm not sure it's a good idea to assume that Dunkin was right when he suggested that Scrofula didn't "lose" Racket by accident. The entire exchange between the two before Dunkin's disbanding suggests that Dunkin had a far more personal stake in the whole affair than he let on. Instead of seeming afraid for his life, Dunkin seemed to seize on the moment as an opportunity to tell Scrofula exactly what he thought of him - notice that they way he voiced his accusation was phrased as "screeched". Was Dunkin close to Racket?

Having said all that, it seems obvious that Scrofula is vindictive and wilfully ignorant, judging by his reaction to the whole scene, so admittedly, he IS stupid enough to have made all of these odd decisions out of pure stupidity. Of all rulers I've seen in Erfworld, he's definitely the worst. I mean, there have been others that were/are just as destructive, dishonest and inhuman, but at least they had/have the redeeming features of being intelligent and/or charismatic. Scrofula doesn't seem to have even that.

PS: just looked up what "scrofula" means in real life. Ewwww. I assume the signamancy is meant to imply "pain in the neck"
Dox

Postby Prodigial_Knight » Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:48 pm

Noooo that's imposssible Scrofula would need to be a warrior type with bulky black armour and a magical sword.

I won't accept anything less.
Prodigial_Knight

Postby spriteless » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:05 am

Would that mean Racket was like Elric?
T'was a splendidly speedy defection.
spriteless

Postby Dox » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:19 am

Well, given that Part 5 seems to close Crush's story, I guess Scroffy was just a terrible, terrible ruler who made stupid decisions with little to no motivation aside from vanity and avarice. I'm OK with this explanation too.
Dox

Return to Everything Else Erfworld