Was Jack wasted in the Tri-Link?

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Re: Was Jack wasted in the Tri-Link?

Postby 0beron » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:43 am

Yes this discussion has been had before and I disagree. He's in charge, so it's his call, so even if it wasn't originally his idea, it's still a shrewd move to order it. Her word choice really doesn't specify who's idea it was.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby bladestorm » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:16 pm

0beron wrote:Yes this discussion has been had before and I disagree. He's in charge, so it's his call, so even if it wasn't originally his idea, it's still a shrewd move to order it. Her word choice really doesn't specify who's idea it was.

Stanley has been offered plenty of great ideas before, and he has repeatedly done whatever it is that he wants to do. He's been counselled to appoint warlords based upon ability rather than looks, and he still promoted on looks. It's not impossible that the tri-link was offered to him as counsel,and it was fully expected that he would ignore the benefits of in it favor of his own idea. So Wanda's statement could have been taken as "We really didn't think he'd even consider the tri-link, let alone actually order it to be made."
bladestorm

Postby 0beron » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:19 pm

But when Wanda thinks something is a REALLY good idea, or she wants things to go a certain way, she doesn't just out and say it. She manipulates, and has admitted to manipulating Stanley in exactly such a way. All she needs to do is come up with the idea herself, then carefully, subtly, point out the capabilities of the three Eyemancers in just the right way, and presto: Stanley realizes it and thinks it's his idea from the start, then orders it done.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Alpha the White » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:51 pm

I think it more likely that Wanda mentioned links in a general way (given her experience with them), and Stanley was all "oh hey, we've got a bunch of casters. Link up, casters!"
Alpha the White

Postby Prodigial_Knight » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:12 pm

The eyebooks are also mentioned as a result of the link and I think with those Jack's influence was more obvious and crucial, it's just that item generation doesn't seem very important to us as we were thrown into the battle in the last turns where everithing was about the combat and thus Misty and Maggie seemed to be the dominant partners.

Also there might be something "boring" like a passive bonus to casting if you have all casters from the same school or every discipline in the school thus even if another caster were avaialable a Foolamancer would have been the best choice, I say this because Wanda chose to highlit their common discipline Eyemancy.
Prodigial_Knight

Previous

Return to Everything Else Erfworld