What computer game is most like Erfworld?

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

What computer game is most like Erfworld?

Postby FreakyCheeseMan » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:13 pm

I've got an Erfworld itch that isn't really being scratched all that frequently - I was wondering if there was anything else I could pick up that would strike some of the same notes? A computer game would be ideal, but I'd take another webcomic, film, show or book in a pinch.
FreakyCheeseMan

Re: What computer game is most like Erfworld?

Postby Taikei no Yuurei » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:05 pm

You might want to try dominions 4 or conquest of Elysium 3 I think it is. Both are fairly similar style games and use individual units in combat. They gain experience and level up. You can pass out magic items to your Herod and such. The sides are all markedly different and interesting. Combat is wild and you have only the most indirect control over it. I'd say CoE has the most in common with Erf on the strategic level, but dominions is likely closer on the tactical. I will warn you that they have fairly high barriers to entry as the controls take a bit of getting used to. And the tactics... Well, good luck.
Taikei no Yuurei
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby bladestorm » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:39 pm

Warbarons

They have turns, unit production, Move, stacks of eight, leadership bonuses, and a bunch of other mechanics similar to Erfworld. The main downside is that it is on a square grid, not hexes.

They even have blue Archons.
bladestorm

Postby Taikei no Yuurei » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:00 pm

That game looks very familiar. Like an old DOS game I used to play called.... Warlords? Warcry?

I'll have to check this out, looks interesting.
Taikei no Yuurei
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby wih » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:20 pm

Warlords and the sequels (I played 2 and 3, unsure if more were made) are other games that would fit the bill, yes. They were functionally similar to Heroes of Might and Magic, except stacks of units weren't tied to a Hero.
wih

Postby Citric Thoughts » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:47 am

Reminds me a bit of Master of Magic in a way.
Citric Thoughts

Return to Everything Else Erfworld