Why does Jillian's hat change?

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Why does Jillian's hat change?

Postby khamul » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:24 am

On an archive binge.

Page 21, Book 2, before the Kingworld spell is cast, Jillian's hat is a shimmery golden top hat.
Page 22, Book 2, after it has been cast, she's wearing some kind of stripy motorbike helmet thing.

Can't believe I never noticed this before. There's no way that's not deliberate on Rob's part - but why? Signamancy? Something to do with Carnymancy and showmanship? Part of the deal with Charlie?
What am I supposed to be reading into it?

Apologies if this has been spotted and discussed before, and there's some sort of really obvious answer.
khamul

Re: Why does Jillian's hat change?

Postby 0beron » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:42 am

In the first panel of Page 22, you actually see her with no headgear at all. She's changing headgear, because the Hat was either Messaging or Dance-Fighting costume, whereas the helmet is probably more defensive or intended for standard combat. Commanders, especially Wanda and Jillian, change Raiment and Headgear all the time to get the best bonuses for the situation at hand.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Return to Everything Else Erfworld