Practical use of a stealth golem

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Re: Practical use of a stealth golem

Postby Mrtyuh » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:01 am

As for remote vision, it may be as you said, or it may be that the Thinkamancy involved is a natural Thinkamancy inherent in the unit itself. Gobwin Knob had scouts, but they were Gobwin scouts, so it may not apply to natural allies. Transylvito warlords can see through the eyes of their doombats up to twenty hexes without relying on Bunny, but she can extend the range indefinitely. Wanda could only see through the eyes of her decrypted archons specifically due to their natural Thinkamancy. I wonder if Haffaton could see through the bright human eyes of the Haffaton scout veiled as a colesloth, since they had a Thinkamancer at the time, but the unit itself did not seem remarkable, other than its scouting veil. I really don't know. I mostly just bringing up data points.
मृत्युः सर्वहरश्चाहमुद्भवश्च भविष्यताम् ।
Mrtyuh
Tool + YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:19 pm

Hmmm the reminder about TV's warlords is the biggest 'upset" to the issue. However, the whole thing seems like it's more a talent of the viewer than the scout. Bunny looks through the scout, Wanda looked through her Doll, Warlords look through the Bats. It's never really described as the other way around, as the scout "sending" instead. So if we look at the stated examples, we could think of posisble explanations:
  • TS: The Vampiric Warlords have a special ability to look through Bats (maybe other scout types too, maybe not)
  • GK: Nobody ever said they COULDN'T look through the scouts, they just didn't. And given that a major battle was going on, Maggie had better things to spend her Juice on than looking through the eyes of scouts who were being used as bait anyway.
  • Archons: That's the first we've heard someone claim all Archons have natural Thinkamancy, so I think it may actually be a link created by the 'Pliers. Casters seem to develop conntections with things they create, like the spy manakin she alludes to in that very same update. She created the Decrypted, so they're connected to her.
I think if Wanda were a better Thinkamancer, she could probably do the view thing with other units as well. And generally speaking, there could be something about Scouts that makes it easier for a Thinkamancer to see through them. The skills of a scout seem to fall under Natural Lookamancy, so it would make sense that using them as eyes is easiest. Or maybe a Thinkamancer could look through anyone's eyes, and simply never bother to because Scouts see better.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Omnimancer » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:17 pm

It could also be that seeing through a scout's eyes doesn't cost juice, and can be done by any commander within range. Thinkamancy is better since you can extend the range infinitely, and communicate with anyone, but that might use up juice. Plus it only helps out sides with a thinkamancer.
Omnimancer
Pins Supporter!
Pins Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:33 pm

If that were the case, then I think Ansom would have done so with the Scouts inside his own column while Parson ran hit-and-runs. Instead we see him waiting for a written report.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Previous

Return to Everything Else Erfworld