Ruins

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Ruins

Postby raphfrk » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:03 pm

Was looking through the wiki, and found the ruins page.

"They also periodically pop Magic Items or Artifacts which may be discovered by a Warlord or Caster, who spends a full turn searching there. "

I wonder if that is how the Arkentools enter the world. There is a chance that if you spend a full turn searching that one will pop and Stanley hit the jackpot.
raphfrk
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Re: Ruins

Postby Lord Kasavin » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:31 am

Possibly.

However, we know there are artifacts which are not the Arkentools, yet the Erfworlders seem to effortlessly distinguish these two classes of powerful items.

That would suggest the Arkentools have much older origins. That, and they are CG graphics, though no Erfworlder has ever commented on the visual difference so that may just be for the reader's benefit.
"Act, and God will Act." - Joan of Arc

"Those who plot the destruction of others often perish in the attempt." - Thomas Moore
Lord Kasavin

Postby Justyn » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:20 am

Lord Kasavin wrote:Possibly.

However, we know there are artifacts which are not the Arkentools, yet the Erfworlders seem to effortlessly distinguish these two classes of powerful items.

That would suggest the Arkentools have much older origins. That, and they are CG graphics, though no Erfworlder has ever commented on the visual difference so that may just be for the reader's benefit.

Or that it's supposed to mean that they look "otherworldly" and that it just hasn't been noted in the comic.
If I am acting as a mod, you will know it.
Justyn
Tool + YOTD + Pins Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby sheepfly » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:34 am

Justyn wrote:Or that it's supposed to mean that they look "otherworldly" and that it just hasn't been noted in the comic.

Like a 4th dimensional object in our 3-dimensional world! :ugeek:
What would YOU say if you'd won with strength and duty and honor every time when suddenly a veiled flying zero-upkeep 100% recycled army of former friends showed up to croak you with massive numbers and bonuses and skulls with little pink flowers?

Yeah..
sheepfly

Postby Hermod » Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:02 am

Possibly, though I'd think they'd come to light in a more impressive manor. How I can not begin to guess, but these aren't suppose to be just artifacts, (as it's implied there are other artifacts that aren't Arkentools) but the super artifacts.

Where did that information on ruins come from anyway?
Hermod

Postby raphfrk » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:01 am

Hermod wrote:Possibly, though I'd think they'd come to light in a more impressive manor. How I can not begin to guess, but these aren't suppose to be just artifacts, (as it's implied there are other artifacts that aren't Arkentools) but the super artifacts.

Where did that information on ruins come from anyway?

It is marked Canon on the wiki, which should mean that Balder promoted it to Canon status.

According to the history, that particular edit (09:02, 11 July 2009) was handled by an IP address. However, it was probably Balder.

The same IP address is used to make edits to the popping page (08:16-09:05, 11 July 2009). This page was then subsequently edited by Balder (09:14, 11 July 2009), and he didn't revert it. He probably just forgot to log in.

Also, in this page, he edited a comment made by the IP address and added his signature.

These are the edits made by the IP address, so he probably has a fixed IP address.
raphfrk
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Return to Everything Else Erfworld