Dittomancer

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Dittomancer

Postby raphfrk » Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:20 pm

It says that they can "duplicate surviving units".

Presumably that means that if you kill 1 unit, his copy also dies?

Thus, the effect is to double the amount of damage that a unit can do, but there is only 1 unit you need to actually kill.

I wonder if the duplicate can be distinguished from the original. For example, the duplicate's stats might indicate that it is a duplicate.

Also, it makes a dittomancer a caster that is worth targeting first.

They seem pretty powerful casters for combat. It says that they double leadership and specials. That presumably means that they double the bonus due to leadership.

However, it could also mean that you end up effectively with twice as many warlords.

I wonder if the dittomancer can double up the healomancer too. Presumably, the dittomancer can't double itself.
raphfrk
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Re: Dittomancer

Postby Gez » Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:28 pm

raphfrk wrote:It says that they can "duplicate surviving units".

The "surviving" part makes me think it's something that happens after the battle. You've got eight pikers left after a fight, with the dittomancer now you have sixteen pikers. It's odd. Maybe it counters croakamancy. Not sure how it would work, presumably there'd be a limit or it'd be even worse than decrypting when you can steamroll the enemy.
Gez

Postby valce » Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:56 pm

Maybe it works by directly charging your side for the extra units. Kinda like a mobile unit production facility, but probably quite expensive, and you can only duplicate units you already have AND it seems you can only do this outside battle. ['surviving units' implies after the fight]

Sounds like it would be useful working with the GK squad, especially if it can duplicate the archons' specials [I presume this means either mimicking the effect, or allowing them to use it multiple times]
valce

Postby Mando Knight » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:04 pm

Maybe it produces temporary units that mimic the current stack, but vanish after a certain period of time, so you can only keep duplicated versions of units you've still got?
Mando Knight

Postby Darkside007 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:07 am

Aye, it could just be a special form of summon. There's a Warcraft 3 custom map (X Hero Seige), where one of the units has a 'clone' ultimate, but the cooldown lasts about 75% of the unit's timed life, so you can have at most 2 clones active at any time.

But then, Golems don't seem to have a time counter, but seem to have a hard cap on the number controllable by a single Dirtamancer.
Darkside007

Postby Kaed » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:29 am

It seems to me that from the comment of duplicating surviving units that Dittomancy, like Foolamancy, can only be cast during their turn, rather than as an after battle thing.

It is mentioned when Parson first learns of putting up Veils. http://www.erfworld.com/book-1-archive/?px=%2F064.jpg

In fact that suggests that no casting can normally take place on enemy turns, except possibly reflexive traps that have already been set - like was hinted about Shockamancy - or spells already/still in progress, like the old Eyemancer linkup.
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Justyn » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:02 am

Kaed wrote:It seems to me that from the comment of duplicating surviving units that Dittomancy, like Foolamancy, can only be cast during their turn, rather than as an after battle thing.

It is mentioned when Parson first learns of putting up Veils. http://www.erfworld.com/book-1-archive/?px=%2F064.jpg

In fact that suggests that no casting can normally take place on enemy turns, except possibly reflexive traps that have already been set - like was hinted about Shockamancy - or spells already/still in progress, like the old Eyemancer linkup.

Not to mention that Wanda was seen Decrypting units on Unaroyal's turn.
If I am acting as a mod, you will know it.
Justyn
Tool + YOTD + Pins Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Yosarian » Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:24 pm

Kaed wrote:It seems to me that from the comment of duplicating surviving units that Dittomancy, like Foolamancy, can only be cast during their turn, rather than as an after battle thing.

I think what we know is that you can take an action (like casting) on the enemy's turn if they move into your hex. Otherwise, you can only take actions on your turn.
Yosarian

Postby Kaed » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:38 am

Oh a spambot. How lovely.

(Reported spam post removed --Mod.)
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Return to Everything Else Erfworld